MIL STD 105 D or ISO 2859-2? Receiving Metal Sheets

A

amejel

Hi. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum.

My company is implementing a new quality control process upon the reception of products from our suppliers. I'm puzzled between using the MIL STD 105 D or the ISO 2859-2. The company receives one lot of metal sheets every 07-15 days of somewhere 50-60 units.

Would it be more accurate to do a sampling process based on the MIL STD 105 D when we consider the lots to be coming in series in the scope of the year or should just I sample things out using the ISO 2859-2 for isolated lots?

Any suggestions or explanations will be very appreciated.

Many thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum.

My company is implementing a new quality control process upon the reception of products from our suppliers. I'm puzzled between using the MIL STD 105 D or the ISO 2859-2. The company receives one lot of metal sheets every 07-15 days of somewhere 50-60 units.

Would it be more accurate to do a sampling process based on the MIL STD 105 D when we consider the lots to be coming in series in the scope of the year or should just I sample things out using the ISO 2859-2 for isolated lots?

Any suggestions or explanations will be very appreciated.

Many thanks.
Curiosity - is this done because you are doing 100% inspection or no inspection and no issues or because a customer is telling you to do it.

Please consider how critical the process is and if it needs sampling on receiving inspection.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Difference between MIL-STD-105 and ISO 2859 AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 2
A Use of sampling plans like MIL-STD-105 E or ANSI Z1.4? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
A Use of sampling plans like MIL-STD-105 E or ANSI Z1.4 for setting AQL's? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 13
I Asian Supplier Sampling Plans besides MIL-STD-105? My thought was ISO 2859? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
E Internal Process Audit Sampling using MIL-STD-105-E - 500 operators on 3 shifts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
T AQL for Laymen - ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 - MIL-STD-105 AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 15
C Why '105' and '414' in the military sampling plan standards (Mil-Std-)? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
J Designing a Mil-Std-105 or ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 Sampling Plan Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 49
B 4.10 Inspection and Testing - Do we have to do AQL (MIL-Std-105) sample inspection? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 3
Marc MIL-STD-810H - 31 January 2019 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
K MIL-STD-2000 Certification Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
G Mil-Std-130N, can calibration be a nationally traceable standard? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
M Help interpreting MIL-STD-105E Single Sampling Plans Tables Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
A Inspection Plans - How to choose AQL (MIL STD 105E) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
J Mil Std 810 G test 516 vs IEC 60068-2-27 - Classic Waveform Shock Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
C Medical Device Tracking Sampling Plan using MIL-STD-105E Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
alonFAI Fungus Testing per MIL-STD-810F Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
E Post Machining Casting Defects with MIL-STD-2175 Requirements - Responsibility Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
R MIL-STD-120 replacement? Calibration Work Instructions refer to MIL-STD-120 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Mikishots Trying to locate a LEGIBLE MIL-STD-105E copy Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
K Mil-Std-2132 (Nondestructive Examination Requirements) needed Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
H Section Modulus - MIL-STD-883, Method 2004 - Definition Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S MIL-STD-1686 for ESD Compliance help wanted Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
V Using an AQL of 0,0 with MIL STD 105E AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
S Parts, Materials and Processes (PMP) Control Plan - Mil-Std-3018 Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
Frank T. MIL-STD-2073-1, Standard Practice for (US) Military Packaging Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
M Evolution has taken away MIL-STD-1520 C - What to use now? MRB and PMR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
T Significance of Key Characteristic definition change vs. MIL-STD-1916 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
P Using Mil-STD-2000A as soldering specification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 14
T Mil Std Certification for a Semiconductor Burn-In Process provider Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
A Definition Functional and Allocation Baselines - MIL-STD-973 Definitions Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 2
S MIL-STD-1916 vs MIL-STD-105E, which do you choose? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 12
C How to select the requirements for Continuous Sampling Plan (CSP-1&F), Mil-Std 1235C? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
K Tell me why I should no longer reference MIL STD 105E? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 16
H Big Batch (Large Lot) Sampling - Label Printing - MIL-STD-105E Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 12
P MIL-STD 1235C - Is it still Valid or has it been Superseded by another Standard? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
B Electronics Die Component - Military Standard 883 vs. MIL STD 750 TM2010 B. Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
D Why should you use a Configuration Management Standard such as EIA 649 or Mil-Std-973 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
D Why MIL-STD-105E is obsoleted but ANSI/ASQC Z1.4 is still implemented? Need Opinion Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
A Looking for MIL-STD-1686B (MIL-STD-1686 revision B) Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
D The Best Way to Document In-Process Inspections using MIL-STD-1916 1/12 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
T Acceptable AS9100 Receiving Inspection Sampling Plan - ANSI/ASQCZ1.4 vs. Mil-STD-105E Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
D Mil-Std-1916 Inspection Sampling question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
E I need MIL-DTL-5765 - MIL-STD-5765 F Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
G Does ISO 17025 Cover the elements in MIL-STD-45662A? ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
GStough Has Anyone Heard of Mil Std 155D? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
B How to work with Mil Std 105E OC curves? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 12
S Receiving Inspection Plan Sample Size - Measuring Mil-Std Rivets - Fasteners Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
A Qualification Testing of New Products - Is there a MIL-STD or ANSI standard? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
P Mil-Std-105e - Average outgoing quality (AOQ) & Average outgoing quality level (AOQL) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3