Millipore Cleanliness Test Experiences

Bill Evans

Involved In Discussions
Re: Anyone with Millipore cleanliness test experiences?

Does anyone have a US distributor or contact information for an inexpensive

1) Filters
2) Labware (beakers, filter flask, Buchner funnel, stainless steel wash tub,
brushes)
3) Drying Oven
4) Wiegh scale for weighing filters & samples

rstocum

Involved In Discussions

bcsnave,

I found the following suppliers for these materials to be best:

Barney Corporation - www.barneycorp.com - filters
LSS - www.lss.com - labware of all kinds
Quincy Lab, Inc. - Model 10 lab oven
Quick's Supply - lab balances

I also recommend the Millipore company for the actual filtration system. You can get the individual items in the system for less by purchasing separately, but there is a lot to be said for being able to unpack the equipment, knock it together in 5 minutes, and start using it. Millipore was only about $100 more anyway.

T

True Position

Are you associated with these organizations? ;)

Stijloor.
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, if someone asked me for a company to purchase lab glassware from I'd recommend LSS. They are fairly big in the industry and usually nice to work with. As an added bonus you can count all the dogs in the catalog and try to win a prize.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

Hawat,

Over the years, I have made many recommendations here at The Cove Forums. To remove all doubt, I put a disclaimer in my post stating that I am not associated with the recommended organization.

Stijloor.

rstocum

Involved In Discussions

No affiliations with any of them. If I am ever recommending who to buy solenoids or medical equipment from, be highly suspicious of my motives. The millipore was a major pain in my rear for a while, so I am happy to help anyone get a leg up on implementing it.

Hi rstocum,

Did you ever find the source of your non-ferrous metallic particles? Did you consider contamination coming from the brushes you were using to clean off the parts?

rstocum

Involved In Discussions
Bear in mind this was nearly a decade ago, and I no longer work there. Yes, we did consider contamination from the brushes and the rest of the cleaning equipment, which consisted of a stainless steel tub and funnel, and several beakers. The entire set of cleaning equipment was cleaned in our lab sink at the conclusion of each round of testing. At one point, for thoroughness, we did a test after cleaning the set once, and another test after cleaning the set three times. There was no difference. We also examined our parts and the elements of the cleaning equipment that would fit, under our microscope. The debris was present on the parts before testing, and present in much lower amounts on the cleaning equipment. I don't remember if I mentioned any of this in previous posts, but we eventually found the main source of the stuff was in the parts cleaning system the parts were cleaned in. We ended up creating a preventive maintenance protocol and schedule to drain the cleaning tanks, scrub and rinse them, and wipe down the air dry chamber. The particle size and quantity went way down after implementing that.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Terminal filtration of your cleaning media can be mostly your savior....
You may get various types based on the fluid you handle and the pressure used.

Top Bottom