Minimum Retention Time for Records of internal audit results as per AS9100

Smchandler

Involved In Discussions
Does AS9100D state how long (in Years) internal audit records are to be kept? I have not been able to find it within the as9100D standard, but a customer says records of internal audit results are to be kept for 7 years per AS9100. I understand if my customer requires 7 years then I have to follow that requirement, but they do not require how long, he said they go by the requirement within AS9100, but I don't see in 9.2 anything, am I missing it.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
but a customer says records of internal audit results are to be kept for 7 years per AS9100.
It is very simple: you just ask the misinformed customer to point out exactly where in their standard the requirement exists. the famous SHOW ME THE FREAKING SHALL....

Funboi

On Holiday
Does AS9100D state how long (in Years) internal audit records are to be kept?
I’m guessing you don’t have access to a copy. No is the answer.
but a customer says records of internal audit results are to be kept for 7 years per AS9100
They are wrong.
I understand if my customer requires 7 years then I have to follow that requirement,
Only if it’s in a contract and they are prepared to pay

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Does AS9100D state how long (in Years) internal audit records are to be kept? I have not been able to find it within the as9100D standard, but a customer says records of internal audit results are to be kept for 7 years per AS9100. I understand if my customer requires 7 years then I have to follow that requirement, but they do not require how long, he said they go by the requirement within AS9100, but I don't see in 9.2 anything, am I missing it.
Yeah, that customer is incorrect. AS9100 doesn't specify how long to retain anything. If your customer requires it, it needs to be in terms and conditions, or a supplier quality requirements document, or a quality clause in the PO, or something. The only record retention requirements our customers flow down is for inspection records and test results - some require 7 years and some require 10 years.

Smchandler

Involved In Discussions
Yeah, that customer is incorrect. AS9100 doesn't specify how long to retain anything. If your customer requires it, it needs to be in terms and conditions, or a supplier quality requirements document, or a quality clause in the PO, or something. The only record retention requirements our customers flow down is for inspection records and test results - some require 7 years and some require 10 years.

Thank you for the feedback, I thought so but just wanted to make sure. Appreciate the quick response.

Top Bottom