SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Minitab 19 Anova or X bar # of distinct catagories

Hi, My issue is we are using Anova but discovered that the number of distinct catagories (Minitab 19) is 1, no matter what I do, I have had to deconstruct our previous SPC employees workings out to try and reconstruct it, our guide states to use Anova but when I use Anova the number of distinct catagories is always 1. Today I changed to X bar & R chart which then gave 43 distinct catagories. Will I be ok using X bar & R from now on rather then Anova. This is for fluid testing if that helps.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Please provide your data in Excel format. I have Minitab 18 and would like to check this out before answering.

Since you started a thread on this, I will delete your duplicate post in the other thread.

Welshwizard

Involved In Discussions
Hi Floyd73,

Go back to first principles and check the outputs manually, the formula for ndc is 1.41 x PV/GRR, lots of references for that including the AIAG blue book.

As 1.41 is a constant (derived from the square root of 2) its likely that the difference you are seeing is either the computation for Part Variation (PV) and/or GRR.

This all implies of course that ndc is even useful but that is another story ............

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Input to ANOVA 1-WAY - How can I perform this analysis in minitab? Using Minitab Software 2
J Which Anova dropdown to use for R&R in Minitab? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
F How to make an ANOVA of a design with repeats (not replicates) in Minitab? Using Minitab Software 18
G ANOVA GR&R: Minitab vs AIAG MSA results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
E ANOVA for Taguchi method - Four factors and three levels and nine runs (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 6
T Minitab Two-way Anova example (EXH_AOV.MTB) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
P Taguchi Anova Error with Minitab Using Minitab Software 9
F Fully nested ANOVA: A missing p-values (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 11
M Understanding of Regression and ANOVA in Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
J Minitab Error - * ERROR * Unbalanced Design - Unbalanced Anova Using Minitab Software 9
V Sample Range for a valid GRR using ANOVA in Minitab Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M Multi-factor Anova with Minitab Using Minitab Software 1
A Minitab ANOVA Error Message - *ERROR* No data in column. Using Minitab Software 3
I Minitab ANOVA Gage R&R Error (vs. EXCEL ANOVA GRR Calculation) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
P Multi-factor Anova with Minitab Using Minitab Software 11
B Minitab %Tolerance ANOVA is Different than my calculations Using Minitab Software 4
L Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) Quadratic Model - Minitab - 2 Factors Using Minitab Software 40
E Gage R&R or Anova two way? Using Minitab Using Minitab Software 1
Y Perform 2 ways ANOVA in minitab with non normal data involved Using Minitab Software 5
B How does Minitab handle outliers in ANOVA? Using Minitab Software 3
T Variables Gage R&R - Minitab v14 - F statistic Calculation - ANOVA - Methods validity Using Minitab Software 2
O Problem in Minitab - ERROR * Factor Voltage is highly correlated with other terms Using Minitab Software 7
P Pooled Standard Error - Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
S Asterisk in DOE minitab software Using Minitab Software 23
B Does anybody know how to get older versions of Minitab to work in Windows 10? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
M Minitab Capability of the Population (no sampling) Using Minitab Software 11
Z Minitab - Updating Graph with specific data points Using Minitab Software 2
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M Minitab assistant: 1-Sample % Defective Test Using Minitab Software 1
0 Interesting Discussion Analysis of half normal distribution in minitab Using Minitab Software 11
G Batch printing reports in Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
V Minitab GRR crossed Xbar and r method macro needed Using Minitab Software 9
I Number of decimals in equation calculated by MiniTab Using Minitab Software 0
A Acceptance p-value for linearity and bias analysis in minitab results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
M How to change the display of optimization plot in Minitab 18 Using Minitab Software 2
M Minitab tool to evaluate PM (Preventive Maintenance) process Using Minitab Software 6
N Tolerance Interval plots in Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
J Including Repeats in DoE using Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
A Minitab 18: How to automate GRR Summary Table save Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
N What subcommands can be used with "Stop" in Minitab 18? Using Minitab Software 8
S Minitab - Factor Analysis: Label on second series of data for Biplot Using Minitab Software 4
J DoE - Number of runs in Plackett-Burman (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 2
D Asterix when pasting a column of values from Excel into Minitab (V17) Using Minitab Software 5
A Generating samples from a population in Minitab Using Minitab Software 0
Ron Rompen Random data generation in Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
I DOE: High variance and small effects in Minitab Using Minitab Software 1
B Informational Expanded Gage R&R Analysis using Minitab Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 18
R Rank Deficiency Error Minitab Using Minitab Software 7
H Minitab 15 - Factorial Design - 3 factors: 4x3x2 - How to? Using Minitab Software 4