Minitab - Design combinations (DOE)

D

dykkms

Hello,
I am planning experiment in the field od welding.
I am going to weld two different materials together. Factorial design is almost good for me, but it produces some unnecessary fields.
Example:
Factor: Material 1: levels: A, B, C
Factor: Material 2: levels: A, B, C

I need to make experiments for all combinations, but
AB = BA
AC = CA
BC = CB
(because it does not matter, which material is first and which is second).

How can I create this kind of DOE?

Thank you,
Michal

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Re: minitab - design combinations

Are the materials the only factors in your experiment?

If so, try a 1-way ANOVA of the material combinations in which you are interested (i.e., AA, BB, CC, AB, AC, BC).

D

dykkms

Re: minitab - design combinations

Hi, thank you for answer!

No, there are another 3 factors.

I was also thinking to create only one factor for welding joints (2 materials), but then it would be very hard to analyze results, e.g. which material is best for welding.

Thank you!

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Try using a General Full Factorial. One factor would have 6 levels for the material combinations, while three additional factors would have 2 levels (presumably). The best material would still be discernible by the best level of that factor as well as in any interactions that might exist.

D

dykkms

Thank you, that sounds as a very good plan to me. I hope it will show the results nicely afterwards.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Minitab 15 - Factorial Design - 3 factors: 4x3x2 - How to? Using Minitab Software 4
F How to make an ANOVA of a design with repeats (not replicates) in Minitab? Using Minitab Software 18
W Definitive screening design in Minitab 17 Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S Response Surface Method to create design matrix in Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
K Taguchi Experiments for Factorial Design Analysis - Reliability of Minitab Results Using Minitab Software 1
N DOE (design of experiments) in Minitab 16 Using Minitab Software 6
Y Taguchi Design with 6 levels and 3 factors in Minitab Using Minitab Software 11
A Interactions - Minitab Factorial Design Using Minitab Software 9
K Minitab Lack-of-Fit Test in DOE (Design of Experiments) Using Minitab Software 4
E Center Point Residuals on a Factorial Design using Minitab Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
M Experimental Design at Nested Gage R&R using Minitab 16 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
W Best quadratic subset for analyzing a Response Surface Design with Minitab 15 Using Minitab Software 6
B How to use Minitab to create this Fractional Factorial Design Matrix Using Minitab Software 2
J Minitab Error - * ERROR * Unbalanced Design - Unbalanced Anova Using Minitab Software 9
V Any experience/feedback on statistical software tools...minitab -design expert -JMP Using Minitab Software 4
B Taguchi DOE (Design of Experiments) example using Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
L DOE (Design of Experiments) - Analyse Variation with Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
T How create a Fractional Factorial Design with Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
Q DOE (Design of Experiments) for Accounting - New to Minitab need help Using Minitab Software 5
D Analyze of Fractional Factorial Design in Minitab - I didn't get F and P- values Using Minitab Software 4
R Taguchi Design - Degree of freedom for l27 in 4 factors 3 level (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 15
B Validation of DoE (Design of Experiements) Model - Minitab 15 Using Minitab Software 3
D Design of Experiments (5 factors with 3 levels) - How to proceed with Minitab? Using Minitab Software 41
P Taguchi method using Minitab - DOE (Design of Experiments) Help Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
C Analyzing Full Factorial Design in Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
T Minitab - Mixture DOE (Design of Experiments) - Sandability of a Gelcoat Using Minitab Software 5
P Minitab error response: "Design is not balanced; execution aborted" Using Minitab Software 4
S Multilevel Design in Minitab to conduct a DOE - 4 factors and each has 5 levels Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
J Response Surface Design - Repeats - Getting data into Minitab 15 Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
D Minitab refuses to run saying the Design is Not Balanced - Gage R&R Using Minitab Software 14
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M Minitab assistant: 1-Sample % Defective Test Using Minitab Software 1
0 Interesting Discussion Analysis of half normal distribution in minitab Using Minitab Software 11
G Batch printing reports in Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
V Minitab GRR crossed Xbar and r method macro needed Using Minitab Software 7
I Number of decimals in equation calculated by MiniTab Using Minitab Software 0
A Acceptance p-value for linearity and bias analysis in minitab results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
M How to change the display of optimization plot in Minitab 18 Using Minitab Software 2
M Minitab tool to evaluate PM (Preventive Maintenance) process Using Minitab Software 6
E Input to ANOVA 1-WAY - How can I perform this analysis in minitab? Using Minitab Software 2
N Tolerance Interval plots in Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
J Including Repeats in DoE using Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
A Minitab 18: How to automate GRR Summary Table save Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
N What subcommands can be used with "Stop" in Minitab 18? Using Minitab Software 8
S Minitab - Factor Analysis: Label on second series of data for Biplot Using Minitab Software 4
J Which Anova dropdown to use for R&R in Minitab? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J DoE - Number of runs in Plackett-Burman (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 2
D Asterix when pasting a column of values from Excel into Minitab (V17) Using Minitab Software 5
A Generating samples from a population in Minitab Using Minitab Software 0