SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Minitab DOE Analysis of Data and Transforming

H

helen1231

Hi , Is anyone could help me of my little problem of Minitab project?
when I use DOE analysis the data, the graph for normal distribution of residual is unusual, so I try to transform it. However, the p value become smaller than before and there is nothing change for the graphs, only cut out several significant point.
I don't know what to do next.
Does the data result in this problem, maybe the data I analysis is not right originally??
Guys, Please help me to find it out~~

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Re: Minitab DOE Analysis of Data and Transforming help needed.

This is not unusual when performing a DOE. When you analyze observational data, the x values are highly variable and the residuals are more likely to form the expected normal distribution. However, when performing a DOE, the x values are very "chunky". The more x variable that were included in the experiment and then removed from the model when found to be non-significant, the more normal the residuals will look. However, if few factors were included in the experiment and if few were removed from the model, this result is not uncommon. If your r^2 predicted is high, I would not be too concerned.

If you can attach your data, I could provide more detailed feedback.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
I took another look at the residuals and realized that I had missed something. The chunkiness of the residuals may be indicating a lack of resolution on the part of your measuring device. Did you perform an MSA, specifically an R&R study, on your measurement device?

H

helen1231

no, I don't.
And when I delete the non-significant parts, the graph represents normal as I wish. I don't know why it looks like that

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Asterisk in DOE minitab software Using Minitab Software 23
J Including Repeats in DoE using Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
J DoE - Number of runs in Plackett-Burman (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 2
I DOE: High variance and small effects in Minitab Using Minitab Software 1
N DOE (design of experiments) in Minitab 16 Using Minitab Software 6
D Minitab - Design combinations (DOE) Using Minitab Software 4
N 3 factor - 3 level experiment with DoE and Minitab Using Minitab Software 10
R [Minitab] DOE Output vs. Actual Data Using Minitab Software 6
Y Please help me solve a DOE problem - New Minitab User Using Minitab Software 36
K Minitab Lack-of-Fit Test in DOE (Design of Experiments) Using Minitab Software 4
M Injection Moulding Minitab DOE - All P Values are 0 Using Minitab Software 7
G Setting up a 3 Factor, 2 Level,2 response DOE in Minitab Using Minitab Software 7
Z A DOE in Minitab - 3 factors and 3 levels for each factor Using Minitab Software 12
B Taguchi DOE (Design of Experiments) example using Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
L DOE (Design of Experiments) - Analyse Variation with Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
J 3 Level Custom DOE in Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
Q DOE (Design of Experiments) for Accounting - New to Minitab need help Using Minitab Software 5
A Conducting a DOE in Minitab - Improving Surface Finish of an Impeller Using Minitab Software 10
smryan Graphing Sigma Lines - DOE / MiniTab Using Minitab Software 4
K DOE - Variable and Discrete Data - Minitab Using Minitab Software 11
B Validation of DoE (Design of Experiements) Model - Minitab 15 Using Minitab Software 3
P Taguchi method using Minitab - DOE (Design of Experiments) Help Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
T Minitab - Mixture DOE (Design of Experiments) - Sandability of a Gelcoat Using Minitab Software 5
D Minitab DOE - 4-factor, 2-level, 8 trial, level IV fractional DOE help needed Using Minitab Software 5
S Multilevel Design in Minitab to conduct a DOE - 4 factors and each has 5 levels Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
O Problem in Minitab - ERROR * Factor Voltage is highly correlated with other terms Using Minitab Software 10
F Minitab 19 Anova or X bar # of distinct catagories Using Minitab Software 2
P Pooled Standard Error - Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
B Does anybody know how to get older versions of Minitab to work in Windows 10? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
M Minitab Capability of the Population (no sampling) Using Minitab Software 11
Z Minitab - Updating Graph with specific data points Using Minitab Software 2
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M Minitab assistant: 1-Sample % Defective Test Using Minitab Software 1
0 Interesting Discussion Analysis of half normal distribution in minitab Using Minitab Software 11
G Batch printing reports in Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
V Minitab GRR crossed Xbar and r method macro needed Using Minitab Software 9
I Number of decimals in equation calculated by MiniTab Using Minitab Software 0
A Acceptance p-value for linearity and bias analysis in minitab results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
M How to change the display of optimization plot in Minitab 18 Using Minitab Software 2
M Minitab tool to evaluate PM (Preventive Maintenance) process Using Minitab Software 6
E Input to ANOVA 1-WAY - How can I perform this analysis in minitab? Using Minitab Software 2
N Tolerance Interval plots in Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
A Minitab 18: How to automate GRR Summary Table save Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
N What subcommands can be used with "Stop" in Minitab 18? Using Minitab Software 8
S Minitab - Factor Analysis: Label on second series of data for Biplot Using Minitab Software 4
J Which Anova dropdown to use for R&R in Minitab? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
D Asterix when pasting a column of values from Excel into Minitab (V17) Using Minitab Software 5
A Generating samples from a population in Minitab Using Minitab Software 0
Ron Rompen Random data generation in Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2