Minitab - Factor Analysis: Label on second series of data for Biplot

Hello!

I am using the factor analysis of Minitab and I have two series of data. I obtained a double projection graphic, but I can't add the labels of my second type data (red point). It doesn't appear when I click right on the symbols (whereas I can do it on the punctuation graphic).

Could you help me? Thanks

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
The graph you attached is called a Biplot. It is an overlay of the loading plot over the score plot. The loading plot shows how each variable "loads" on the first two factors extracted in the analysis. Each variable has a column name that can be used as a label. However the score plot plots the scores for each row of data. The rows do not have names that could be used as labels.

Hello Miner,
I understand, but what I don't understand is why I can add the labels of the red points in the attached figure (minitab-pb2) and not the Biplot (minilab_pb). I may have already responded to this question but I want to be sure about the answer,

Thank you.

Attachments

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
I am afraid that you will have to ask Minitab that question. I looked and the option to add labels on the biplot simply does not exist. I can speculate that it might be due to the complexity of merging the two graphs or the desire to prevent graph clutter, but those are simply guesses.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Can be several measurement in a repl considered as nested factor in Minitab analysis Using Minitab Software 14
N 3 factor - 3 level experiment with DoE and Minitab Using Minitab Software 10
G Setting up a 3 Factor, 2 Level,2 response DOE in Minitab Using Minitab Software 7
Z A DOE in Minitab - 3 factors and 3 levels for each factor Using Minitab Software 12
M Multi-factor Anova with Minitab Using Minitab Software 1
P Multi-factor Anova with Minitab Using Minitab Software 11
T 4 Factor Optimization using Minitab Using Minitab Software 7
N Test for Equal Variances - Two factor data set - Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
C What can I treat as an input factor in Minitab? Using Minitab Software 38
D Minitab DOE - 4-factor, 2-level, 8 trial, level IV fractional DOE help needed Using Minitab Software 5
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M Minitab assistant: 1-Sample % Defective Test Using Minitab Software 1
0 Interesting Discussion Analysis of half normal distribution in minitab Using Minitab Software 11
G Batch printing reports in Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
V Minitab GRR crossed Xbar and r method macro needed Using Minitab Software 7
I Number of decimals in equation calculated by MiniTab Using Minitab Software 0
A Acceptance p-value for linearity and bias analysis in minitab results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
M How to change the display of optimization plot in Minitab 18 Using Minitab Software 2
M Minitab tool to evaluate PM (Preventive Maintenance) process Using Minitab Software 6
E Input to ANOVA 1-WAY - How can I perform this analysis in minitab? Using Minitab Software 2
N Tolerance Interval plots in Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
J Including Repeats in DoE using Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
A Minitab 18: How to automate GRR Summary Table save Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
N What subcommands can be used with "Stop" in Minitab 18? Using Minitab Software 8
J Which Anova dropdown to use for R&R in Minitab? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J DoE - Number of runs in Plackett-Burman (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 2
D Asterix when pasting a column of values from Excel into Minitab (V17) Using Minitab Software 5
A Generating samples from a population in Minitab Using Minitab Software 0
Ron Rompen Random data generation in Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
I DOE: High variance and small effects in Minitab Using Minitab Software 1
B Informational Expanded Gage R&R Analysis using Minitab Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 18
R Rank Deficiency Error Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
H Minitab 15 - Factorial Design - 3 factors: 4x3x2 - How to? Using Minitab Software 4
A Capability Analysis for Packaging Seal Strength with spec. >0.1 Kgf using Minitab Using Minitab Software 6
Coury Ferguson MiniTab 17 Question-Standard Deviation Default Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
N Regression Model (Minitab 18) - Which values my input parameters should have Using Minitab Software 2
L MINITAB 17 - Changing Data Using Minitab Software 3
R Conjoint Analysis - Minitab 18 Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
F How to make an ANOVA of a design with repeats (not replicates) in Minitab? Using Minitab Software 18
W Definitive screening design in Minitab 17 Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S Minitab runs at different speeds on identical PCs Using Minitab Software 5
S Response Surface Method to create design matrix in Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
S Minitab limit definition from R & R Using Minitab Software 4
G ANOVA GR&R: Minitab vs AIAG MSA results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
S Standard Deviation Selection on Control Charts - Minitab "pooled deviation" Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
P Minitab Data Analysis - Understanding if a Process is in Control or Not Using Minitab Software 2
P Basic Minitab Help - It's about Linear Regression Using Minitab Software 1
A Taguchi Minitab - Continuous Data - What should I choose as response variable? Using Minitab Software 3
K Taguchi Experiments for Factorial Design Analysis - Reliability of Minitab Results Using Minitab Software 1