Mock audit scenarios for students

C

cassiha

Hi everyone,

I am a postgrad student in a university and have been asked to deliver some lectures to second year science students on quality systems, GLP, GMP, audits etc.

I would like to carry out a workshop with the students where I can give them scenarios where they can carry out a mock audit. I have had no success searching for sample scenarios to give to the students.

Has anyone here done something similar with students before and would you mind sharing your information with me? Or does anyone know where I could find samples that I could use?

Thanks for your help :)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Hi everyone,

I am a postgrad student in a university and have been asked to deliver some lectures to second year science students on quality systems, GLP, GMP, audits etc.

I would like to carry out a workshop with the students where I can give them scenarios where they can carry out a mock audit. I have had no success searching for sample scenarios to give to the students.

Has anyone here done something similar with students before and would you mind sharing your information with me? Or does anyone know where I could find samples that I could use?

Hi - your question has been asked here, before. Try a search or look at the bottom of the page for similar topics.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi everyone,

Try these links:
http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=24596

http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=39313

gpainter

Why not call a local manufacturer, hospital, lab, etc and do a real one. Great learning experience for the students and good for the auditee in many ways.

dsanabria

Why not call a local manufacturer, hospital, lab, etc and do a real one. Great learning experience for the students and good for the auditee in many ways.
Note: most manufactures, hospital, lab etc would not allow that many students interrupting their work environment and they do not want the liabilities that come with it.

Instead, talk to lead auditors that have taken the lead auditor course or to instructors that give the course. There are plenty of examples (good or bad) that we go through the course.

For a list of instructors go to www.exemplarglobal.org and look for instructors.

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
What if there is a review of the work instructions available at the location of a process to be audited. Then, an 'actor' does the process. Have the actor stray from the work instruction. Have them check a dimension with an out of control, unlogged device.

Then review the documentation for the calibration system, and then review the documentation system for doc control, and allow it to be discovered the work instruction at point of use is the wrong rev.

Basically, lay down a faux scenario with problem after problem, and see how many problems are caught.

Just a thought.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
I was recently challenged to write a Nuclear QA course, without of course, having access to nuclear grade materials. I did come up with several scenarios related to automobiles, such as making the students write a formal procedure for how to change a tire (based upon the owners manual) with at least one hold point (they had a torque wrench available for tightening the lug nuts). You could certainly have a student audit this activity.

Also, in model railroading there are several standards (some of the National Model Railroad Association standards read like nuclear standards sometimes). If you know a hobbyist, or are willing to invest in some model railroad equipment, you could have them inspect to the NMRA standard (there is also a go - no go gage used).

http://www.nmra.org/standards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Mock Audit by External Consultant (ISO 13485) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
Q Looking for Mock Internal Audit exercises for a class Internal Auditing 7
K Mock Audit Log Form Template for Product Recall/Return at Food Plant Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
chris1price Is there a regulatory (MDD, MDR, FDA, ISO, etc) requirement to perform a mock recall? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
S Example Mock Drill Report for EHS in Electric Power Industry Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
S How to Prepare an EHS Fire Mock Drill Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
P Mock Withdrawal Frequency Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
S Pre-Assessment Mock Audits by Different Consultants IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
Y Conducting a Mock Recall on a Medical Device Product ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
B IATF16949 audit requirement - Auditor request UCL and LCL must be show Xbar-R, IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
T COVID, Furlough and ISO9001 Surveillance Audit Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
R External Audit and Certificate prorogation due to the pandemic General Auditing Discussions 10
Dean Bell Implementation of Controls as per SOA for Stage 2 Audit IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
G Logistic organization and controls - IATF/ISO 9001 audit Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
Geoff Cotton Performing a Delta Audit General Auditing Discussions 12
N ISO 19011:2018 - 5.4.2 "...audit program should engage in appropriate continual development..." Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
G MSA check list to audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
L Open Positions During AS9100 Audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
L Stage 2 audit - Requirement for 3 months of records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
F Who can sit in/perform an API audit? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
H AS9100 Checklist for Internal Audit needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A What are the pros and cons of using an audit software for internal auditing? General Auditing Discussions 4
F Internal Audit before Pre-Assessment ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
Q Internal audit plan template Internal Auditing 5
G Self Assessment Audit from a new potential customer General Auditing Discussions 3
L Internal audit during COVID-19 restrictions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M OEM asking for NC report after certification audit. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Ooi Yew Jin Customer E audit preparation Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
N Audit non-compliance API Q1 - Use of External Documents 4.4.4 in Product Realization Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
J Remote Audit Experiences - June 2020 General Auditing Discussions 26
F Product audit sampling plans IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
M Supplier Audit Report - Template for second party audit wanted Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
Stefan Mundt AS9100D Major nonconformity due to recurrence of a NC during a subsequent CB audit. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Q ISO 9001:2015 man days for surveillance audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
F ISO 13485 - EU countries that could request another audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H Layered audit updates after COVID-19 shutdowns Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 0
L How to deal with an ISO 13485 Supplier Audit nonconformance ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
M Description of the requirements of clause 9.2.2.3 manufacturing process audit- needs your feedback IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
Armen Conflict of Interest if I audit the QC department? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
V Generic IATF 16949 Audit Checklist wanted IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A NB (Notified Body) Audit of Standards ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
N Audit non-compliance - API Spec Q1 9th Ed 5.6.1.2 b Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
M Any way to execute VDA 6.3 audit remotely? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
D Audit for ISO and AS 91XX and mitigating exposure to COVID-19 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
D Postpone IATF 16949 audit due to COVID-19 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 41
JoCam Certified Body Audit of MDR requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 4
D Do non-IATF customers need to be included in audit scope? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23