Moisture Analyzer Calibration Reference Standard

F

Febrian Liem

Dear All,

I want to calibrate the moisture analyzer, what reference can I use to do the calibration of these?
Thx all..

Z

zamclachia

What is the principle of the moisture analysers and what matrix are you intending to analyse?
In the food industry when using a IR moisture balance we make a direct comparison with a reference method such as drying by oven at 102 deg C for 2 hours. We run several samples using the oven method and using sub samples we analyse using the reference method. We then statistically evaluate the the data to determine if the two methods are comparable.

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
Yes, it depends on the principle of operation of moisture analyzer.
viz., If the equipment is with Titration method...
can use Sodium tartrate as a convenient water reference substance.
alternatively, you can use water (known volume) to calculate the factor.

You can follow any of the pharmacopoeia OR manufacturer-prescribed methods; just make sure that you have established suitability & traceability of it.

S

skoczek1988

If u dont know how to calibrate moisture analyzers check this website torbalscales.com/moisture-analyzers.html. I have bought one o these and i always recived professional help

M

Mallya

My best approach is to make arrangement with accredited metrology lab to
calibrate your moisture analyzer to ensure unbroken chain of traceability to international std and knowing your uncertainty
Secondly arrange for moisture sample from PT provider and see how you
your results behave comparing with true value.

M

Mallya

My best approach is to make arrangement with accredited metrology lab to
calibrate your moisture analyzer to ensure unbroken chain of traceability to international std and knowing your uncertainty
Secondly arrange for moisture sample from PT provider and see how you
your results are behave comparing with true value.

Benny

Top Bottom