Monitoring Production Defects - Three simple questions

P

patrickhpr

Dear All,

I'm new and I try to learn by myself. I have 3 question which I think so I can find answer here.

1. There is possibility to get minus Zlt. If yes do you know when ?
2. When we want to check differences in quantity of defects between 4 production lines what kind of tool we can use ?
3. When we want monitoring daily defect in case of send letters by Post office what kind of control card we can use ?

This is 3 questions in case of my book with exercice. Can you support me ?
Thanks in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Three simple questions

I am having a little trouble understanding your questions.

1. What do you mean by "Zlt"?
2. Checking differences between 4 lines could use Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) or an Analysis of Means control chart.
3. If you are counting defects, it would be a c-chart. If you are calculating the percent with at least one defect, it would be a p-chart. If you are couting total defects per some quantity of letters, it would be a u-chart.

S

ssz102

the same question, i don't know "ZLT" what's mean
the seconed and third query, i want to you know that anybody doen't tell you the deteils method at all including me, because we doesn't your company situation such as parts name and others
however, i will recommended some technology like: SPC, FMEA and old quality QC tools

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

I am having a little trouble understanding your questions.

1. What do you mean by "Zlt"?
the same question, i don't know "ZLT" what's mean
"ZLT" is part of some Six Sigma bafflegab terminology and stands for "Z Long Term." Its counterpart, not surprisingly, is ZST. Z=sigma. As I understand it, it's involved in calculations involving the dreaded 1.5 sigma shift and is supposed to tell you something about how much a process can be expected to shift over time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S How many production runs will it take for SPC monitoring to stop? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
K What are the Main Reports for Production Monitoring? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
C ISO 14971 Clause 9 Requirements - Post-Production Monitoring and Risk Management ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
E Service or Production? Water treatment, monitoring, and testing ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M Digital video camera system portable for production line and other monitoring? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
A Sample Size and Frequency - In-process monitoring in a mass production shop Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Moncia Customer satisfaction monitoring - ISO 9001 and 14001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
J Revamping Supplier Qualification, Re-evaluation, and Monitoring Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
T EN 17141 - number of monitoring locations Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
Q 8.4.2.4 supplier monitoring IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Q IATF 16949 8.4.2.4 Supplier Monitoring IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Cats Clause ISO 9001:2015 7.1.5 Monitoring and measuring resources: Application to training providers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
B Sub-contractor cleanroom monitoring ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
B Bioburden Monitoring ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
B Routine Bioburden Monitoring ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
E Any template/ form of Monitoring and Measurement of Processes and product to ISO 13485? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
I Calibrating the monitoring device but not the unit General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
J Register of the monitoring and measuring equipment AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
I QMS monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation requirement - Template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J Cleanroom Differential Pressure Monitoring, frequent manual observation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
J Need a contract monitoring Tool General Information Resources 0
lanley liao Question regarding the calibration of monitoring and measure equipment. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
K Monitoring the identified side-effects and contraindications ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
Cats Clause ISO 14001:2015 6.1.3 Compliance Obligations - Legal requirements monitoring ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 0
J Calibration cycle for monitoring & measuring tools used in medical device manufacturing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
C Monitoring and Control Instruments RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
E Insulation diagram for ECG monitoring and diagnosis system. IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
A How to reduce the process SPC monitoring Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
R Calibration lab environmental monitoring General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S User evaluation for self monitoring blood glucose test systems US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
S HIPAA-compliant monitoring software (advice needed) Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 1
P ISO Class 8 particle count (annual certification vs monitoring) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
CPhelan Best metrics for monitoring low volume (<1000) parts per vendors Supply Chain Security Management Systems 1
qualprod Monitoring of lead time - Good KPI identification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
B Bioburden monitoring for surgical instrument provided non-sterile EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A How to set up Continuous CpK monitoring of an injection mold process Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
P IATF 16949 8.4.2.4 Supplier Monitoring IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
B Measuring and monitoring equipment - Understanding which procedures to be compliant with ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Cats Clause ISO 9001:2015 Monitoring and measuring resources. Application a service industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
O Monitoring performance - How do I determine performance measurement basis within my organization? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
D Monitoring and measuring resources - Example of how section ISO 9001 7.1.5 would apply to a manufacture of software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
J Textiles needed for home monitoring device - any suggestions? Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
G Problem Resolution Report Monitoring - Customer complaint or PRR as general motors use Customer Complaints 12
E ISO 13485 7.6 Control of monitoring and measuring equipment - Assess the Validity ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R ISO 13485 Software validation procedure and Quality Objectives Monitoring wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Q AS9120B - ESD monitoring devices part of 7.1.5 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
Q AS9120 Vendor of ESD Monitoring Equipment needs to be in the Approved Supplier List? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
J ISO 17025 - Please share a sample procedure for monitoring the validity of results ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
P IATF 16949 - Monitoring Suppliers for Premium Freight IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
qualprod ISO 9001 Clause 9.1 - Monitoring measurement analysis and evaluation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6