Movies - Further discussions

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
Like all of us, I do of course have my favorite movies.....what I am hoping to explore is the intensity that folks assign to movies and why.....

I like Mel Gibson.....wonderful actor.....(OK, maybe not the macho thing to admit I like his acting), ever since the drive-in release (OK, goes back aways) of Mad Max.....Braveheart was intense, Patriot was much more intense.....We Were Soldiers took intensity to (in my opinion) a whole new level.....

Most of you know I am a Star Trek fanatic.....but ST/SW (Star Trek/Star Wars) has nothing to match this.....

Thoughts? opinions?

I want this to go across movie lines too, so don't be shy.....

Hershal

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

Randy Stewart

Hershal,
I can agree with We Were Once Soldiers, I fully enjoyed that movie. I can't say I paid much attention to Mels acting in the MM movies, but I did like him in the LW movies with Danny Glover.
As for the intensity of a movie I don't think you can beat the opening of D-Day in Private Ryan.
If I have to pick a favorite actor, I guess it would be Bruce Willis. I thought he did an excellent job in Tears of the Sun, which was an intense movie IMO.
Speaking of intensity across genre, how about the reading of the instructions for using the Holy Handgrenade in the Search for the Holy Grail? Three is the number that thou shalt count and the number thou shalt count is three. Thou shalt not count two unless proceeding to three.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
My top ten in the "intense" category, in no particular order.
The Godfather
The Godfather Part 2
Jaws
The Exorcist
Raging Bull
Pulp Fiction
The Conversation
Philadelphia
Schindler's List
Psycho

Of course, if the category were "in tents" I would vote for Lawrence of Arabia and Dances with Wolves.:lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc Interesting Discussion The IMAX of the 1890s - How to see the First Movies Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Hershal FANTASTIC Movies Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
Marc Explore - Movies, audios and more! An Online Library Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
M The 50 Greatest American Independent Movies Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Marc Cowboy Movies and Series Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 29
Hershal DVD and historical movies..... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
BradM Have You Been to the Movies Lately? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 336
Hershal Movies and TV shows we like (or not...) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 109
Hershal What do you watch? TV - Movies - News? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 47
G What's your Best/Worst Military Movies? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 107
N Sterilization Protocol Change in Validation Process and further impacts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Pharmaceuticals News UK – Further guidance note on the regulation of medicines, medical devices and clinical trials if there’s no Brexit deal Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News MedTech Europe - European Parliament further clarifies Commission proposal on HTA for medical technologies EU Medical Device Regulations 0
B Software Class A - Lengthy further risk analysis IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 9
K Further Analysis of Departmental KPI (Key Performance Indicator) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Sidney Vianna Auditors and CB's further investigating certified QMS' with ethical breaches? Registrars and Notified Bodies 8
M Further Inspection Required Form Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
Claes Gefvenberg Publication of ISO 45001 - Occupational Health and Safety - Further delays? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
G Further steps in Medical Devices Regulations in EU - Comments? EU Medical Device Regulations 11
R Control of Documents - Drawing (soft copy) for further work by other Consultants Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
P Further Own Brand Label questions - Urgent ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S What to do if no further control possible to reduce the OHS risk? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 16
F Customer Satisfaction Survey - Further actions needed for Customers Comments? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Two situations where it is appropriate to add further Hazard Audits to Internal Audit Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 8
A How to further job skills to be a QA Manager? Career and Occupation Discussions 6
S Advice on Further Education for Practitioner interested in Quality? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
P AS 9102 requirement for parts that need further treatment such as Anodizing AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
S Are Pp and Ppk more useful than Cp and Cpk as a benchmark for further studies? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
Jim Wynne Further evidence that Microsoft is doomed: Ms. Dewey After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 29
S What to do after BE? Which type of studies will help me to shine further? Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
N Any recommended further reading for ISO/IEC 17025? ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
Casana Beyond CQE: Any suggestions to improve my knowledge further? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 25
Marc Customer Complaints Discussions in All Elsmar Forums Customer Complaints 0
A Does anyone have experience providing a summary of Pre-IDE discussions in the 510k US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
Marc Calibration Frequency (Interval) Discussions Sub-Forum General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Y 7.5.2 Validation of Processes for Production and Service Provision Discussions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Hershal Want to mix it up in political and similar discussions? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Hershal The discussions on ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
Marc Visualizing "Answer People" In Online Discussions After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 17
R CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Discussions are Getting Out of Hand Nonconformance and Corrective Action 41
W Discussions Relating Juran's Quality Trilogy Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 5