MSA application to Continuous Conformance and Design Engineering Test Laboratories

L

Laura M

Hey Bob - if you registered I could email you direct. I doubt there are too many Bob Mihalyov's out there. Assuming you're the one I went to GMI with.

As far as your question ....on this one I think there are better experts in the forum than me...but IMHO like alot of other things in QS "it depends." There is no direct requirement. But if you are making decisions about product specs based on a measurement, you'd probably want to know how certain you are of those measurements.

Group?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
You have to do what is appropriate for you. To do this you have to demonstrate an understanding of measurement systems and related topics.

For example, gage R&R won't buy you as much as linearity / bias / stability in a lab. Can you explain why this is so?

I suggest you look at this as less of an issue of what is required - we know there are no specific requirements - and more of an issue of someone understanding what is appropriate for the situation. That person will be interviewed by the auditor (who will probably know little about MSA or so my experience has been - ask an auditor to explain measurement uncertainty and I bet s/he cannot cite one appropriate formula) and will have to explain what you folks do and why it is appropriate.

Again, to do this you (or someone) will have to demonstrate an understanding of measurement systems and related topics with respedct to how you are using that equipment.

B

Bob Mihalyov

MSA application to Eng. Labs

Are Continuous Conformance and Design Engineering test labs required to comply with the requirements of Measurement System Analysis? The QS-9000 standard specifically only calls for MSA for those devices called out on the Control Plan. If the lab tests are not on the COntrol Plan, are they subject to MSA?

Top Bottom