MSA Attribute Data Analysis Study

V

vinay87

Hello all,
I'm new here though I've been lurking about for quite some time. I'm Vinay, from India and I work at an automobile parts manufacturer as their M.R.
The company is ISO 9001:2008 accredited, although that's all falling appart and we're in the process of grudgingly moving towards TS 16949:2009 (grudgingly since there is a serious lack of management commitment here, go figure). That apart, I was involved with MSA activities a few years ago, and was stuck with calculating the confidence indices using MS Excel with a format I made in my old job. I'm attaching this here in hopes that someone will help me figure if it's right. I'll explain more once I get someone interested in this. This format is an old project of mine that I was very passionate about. I have no background in statistics but I remember slogging through Juran's Quality Handbook for ideas on how to calculate the CIs.
The format is for purely attribute based decisions, say a visual check that yields only OK/NOTOK as the decisions. There are no measurements involved.
I've added comments to the row headers so that it's clear how I obtained these formulae. I don't remember how I arrived at the one I got from Juran, it has been 2 years since then.

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Bill McNeese

Involved In Discussions
Hello Vinay87,
Welcome. I am not sure what you are asking. Are you asking if your workbook is correct for the CIs? It looks like you used Excel's function CONFIDENCE to do the confidence intervals. That function is for a confidence interval around a mean for a normal distribution. It does not fit what you have here.

Here is a link that provides you the formulas you can use:

http://www.spcforexcel.com/attribute-gage-rr-studies-part-2

The intervals are based on the F distribution and degrees of freedom.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F MSA - Measurement System Analysis Attribute Data Crosstab sheet APQP and PPAP 1
J Attribute Data MSA for more than 3 Operators Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
B How many Samples are required in Attribute Data MSA Studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C MSA on Attribute Data - Can use Different Parts with Different Cosmetic Issues? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
L MSA 3rd Edition - Attribute Data - Page 134 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
D MSA for Attribute Data System - We have a gauge called ?Focus? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
J How to do attribute data GR&R (Gage R&R)? Do a Kappa study or follow the MSA book? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
V To formulate an Excel .xls worksheet for MSA on attribute data using Kappa Analysis Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 14
D MSA for Attribute data - Automatic Hy-pot test machine Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
T MSA Manual revision 3 Attribute Data - Signal Detection Formula Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
S MSA for attribute relation gage Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
I Overwhelmed with attribute MSA requirement for visual inspection IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
H Need MSA 4th ed. compliant attribute MSA template General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J MSA on Part Specific Attribute Fixtures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S Destructive Attribute MSA for Simple Water Leak Check in Trailers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
J Attribute MSA - Number of samples Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Manix MSA - How to Approach a Gauge R&R Go/NoGo Attribute Study Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
E MSA of Attribute Gauges Signal Detection Method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
C MSA-4 Attribute Kappa Template - Verification Check Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
D Requiring a "bad" part for attribute MSA studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
D Attribute Agreement Analysis - MSA - False Negative/Positive IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
N How to make a MSA for an Attribute Gauge if the Pp=Ppk=1.33 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
J MSA for Attribute Visual Inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
G MSA Gage R&R and Attribute Forms Attached Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
N Designing an attribute MSA for a new piece of metrology equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
C Attribute Measurement System Analysis (MSA) Template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
J The appropriate Attribute MSA for Automatic Visual Inspection Machine Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
M Attribute Gage MSA - What is the width of the gray area of ​​doubt? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
S Attribute MSA Visual Inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
S Cross Tabulation in Attribute MSA - Help Needed Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Rameshwar25 Acceptance Criteria for Attribute MSA Study Effectiveness Summary Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
S What is the Reference Value when we do Attribute MSA Studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 17
S Sample Size for Attribute MSA (Measurement System Analysis) in 4th Edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
S Choosing Parts for Attribute MSA (Measurement System Analysis) in 4th Edition, pg 132 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
B Attribute MSA for Visual Inspection via Camera Automatic Inspection Tool Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
automoto Attribute MSA (Measurement System Analysis) - .xls Form attached Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 27
V Questions on Variable and Attribute MSA Interpretation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
O How many bad parts needed for Attribute MSA? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
B Attribute MSA of Automatic Inspection Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
V MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Doubt on Analytic Method (Attribute Study) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
I Attribute MSA for 3 factors Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Destructive Attribute MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
P MSA Attribute Studies - Calculate Cross Tabs, Effectiveness, Miss Rate, False Alarm Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
W Attribute MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) for Low Volumes Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
S Separate attribute MSA study required for each Go/No Go gauge? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
C AIAG Attribute MSA - Analytical Method - Page 135 of MSA manual 3rd edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
C Attribute MSA Study using Kappa - Why Kappa value is low Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
R MSA Attribute gage repeatability and reproducibility IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
A MSA - Is an attribute study required for visual inspection? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3