MSA clause or wording needed.

Ashland78

Involved In Discussions
7.1.5.1.1 states that statistical studies shall be conducted...when identified in the control plan.

I was thinking initially all gages needed to have MSA to prove they are capable (when working for very successful German company in the past that was our practice as that was our procedure in QMS).

Our procedure from our QMS for my current company says "each department head needs to decide what needs to be addressed annually. Not limited to what is on the control plan." No one (dept. head) has addressed this in 3 years, but we are trying to prep and fix this as it could be addressed by external auditor soon.

What I need to know is what would be good wording for gages that for instance are stand-alone equipment that measures current or voltage. Could we write that the calibration report is acceptable as this is automated equipment, or something?

If it is not even on the control plan, and we decide not to do this what is a wording that we could put in our report that we upload..."This gage is not part of the CP, the certificate of calibration is sufficient.'?

I am nearing a 'plan' for a corrective action by next week. Can anyone help me out please? Thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Hello Ashland78, I am sorry for the delay in this response.

I would expect MSA for gages that measure the critical characteristics defined in pFMEA and then outlined in the Control Plan if only certain instruments would work for certain characteristics. No flowery language is needed, and nothing in the QMS needs to specifically describe this.

Other instruments could undergo MSA studies in order to understand their continued viability and/or contribution to value. Nothing prevents you from doing that. A simple note as such on the MSA report should work for making this intent clear. I would expect that is a benefit of the wording in your QMS.

I hope this helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S MSA clause 7.1.5.1.1 - Statistical studies on counting weight scale Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
K MSA - Is Measurement Systems Analysis required in R&D? TS 16949 Clause 7.6.1 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 14
V MSA - Using a R&R study for a Tape Measure Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 19
M Options when MSA acc. to VDA 5 is NOK (Qms > 30%) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
F MSA for non-contact CMM - ISO10360 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
T Thermometers and Thermocouple or Transducer's require MSA? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R MSA Studies for chemical analytical instruments in QC Lab Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
A IATF MSA study Type 1 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
Nihls MSA after the device move Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M MSA angle issue - Nylon parts using Aberlink 3D Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
Nihls MSA Study Type 2 (special conditions ) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
Nihls When the MSA results show no operator influence Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S MSA for attribute relation gage Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Nihls MSA Study Type 1 (CMM) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M MSA Study Type 1 not capable. We are at the limit. And manufacturing wants to continue producing. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
I Overwhelmed with attribute MSA requirement for visual inspection IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
H Need MSA 4th ed. compliant attribute MSA template General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
P MSA for titration Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
P MSA - what exactly mean "system" and master sample Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
P MSA study for visual system with artifical inteligence Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
D MSA strategy Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
K Updated MSA with the Annual PPAP validations APQP and PPAP 8
E MSA for Push and Pull test Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
6 MSA for Calculated Clearance Dimension Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Ron Rompen MSA on automated measurement system - Multiple Step Vision System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
G MSA check list to audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
R MSA for ATE (Automatic Test Equipment Embedded Software) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
Bev D MSA Tools Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R MSA studies for Heat Treatment Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
C Industrial scales and MSA (IATF 16949 requirement 7.1.5.1.1) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 30
M Difference between MSA and MSE? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Test method validation - Is MSA (MSA1, MSA2, MSA3 and linearity) a good solution? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
A MSA results differences - Supplier results vs. My results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Preliminary MSA and Sockets' correlation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
I MSA requirement for 5 Micrometers + CP changes need customer approval? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Bev D MSA Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 46
Emran.mi Measurement system analysis - Can you help me about implementation MSA for CMM device Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
N MSA Study for a Leak Testing Device Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
N Justifications for not performing MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
Prashant G MSA Study - AS 9100 and and our customer want us to do MSA study for their parts dimension Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
D Compression Spring Force MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
E MSA Study on MTS dynamic rate measurements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
A The FILE recommended by AIAG MSA 4ed for LINEARITY Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
S IATF 16949 Audit MSA IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
C Do Calibration Reference Standards require an MSA study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
A MSA When an Instrument Measures More than One Parameter Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
G MSA Type 1 - Cg and Cgk ranges Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
O MSA Study for a steel ruler Manufacturing and Related Processes 6