Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

MSA Guidelines Appendix C - Value constant K3, which depends upon the number of parts

O

Onk1809

Hello all

In MSA Guidelines, Appendix C there are specified values of the constant K3, which depends upon the number of parts used in the gage study.
Max quantity of parts in Appendix C is 20. Our customer requires 50 parts. Can you, please, advise where should we get the value of K3?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Re: MSA Guidelines Appendix C - Value constant K3, which depends upon the number of p

I do not have my MSA manual available, but I found several posts from Atul that stated that K3 = 1/d2* from a table in the MSA manual. Another post said that for n > 20 to use the d2* for infinity.

I will try to verify this tomorrow if someone else does not beat me to it.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Re: MSA Guidelines Appendix C - Value constant K3, which depends upon the number of p

I found the following that lists the d2* constants. See slide 39. m = number of parts, g = 1. Note that the K3 constant here was the 2nd edition version (K3 = 5.15/d2*). Use the 3rd edition version (K3 = 1/d2*).

This violates all sorts of rules for predicting beyond the data, but see the attached file for a regression equation that you can use to estimate the correct d2*.

Note: The ANOVA method does not require use of the K constants

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom