MSA (Measurement System Analysis) - Instrument Selection

C

ckgindia

1. Is it mandatory to provide Gage R&R values for CMM, VMM, 2D instruments? 2. If it is not required means Why?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Re: MSA - Instrument Selection

This depends on the context in which your organization operates. The QMS standard or specific customer requirements to which you adhere may require this, and many do require it. For example, the automotive industry would require that any measurement device on your control plan have an MSA.

If you are operating completely free of such requirements, you might take a risk based approach, weighing the importance and criticality of the measurements taken with these instruments.

If you provide more context, we can be more specific.

C

ckgindia

Re: MSA - Instrument Selection

Thank You Miner.
- I thought the instrument which can be made Home position as ZERO need not require Gage R&R.
- Based on your reply i understood that every instrument requires Gage R&R. Am i correct?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Again, it depends on your business. Can you provide more information on your industry and applicable standards that you must meet (e.g., ISO 9001, IATF 16949)?

C

ckgindia

Again, it depends on your business. Can you provide more information on your industry and applicable standards that you must meet (e.g., ISO 9001, IATF 16949)?
1. Our industry is ATM manufacturing and i'm looking after Supplier side relating to Parts Qualification (PPAP). Moreover our standard and tolerances looks nearer to Automotive requirements - General tolerance is +/- 0.13 max we are using.
2. Handling Sheet metal, Turned parts, Moulded components (Plastic) etc.

Top Bottom