MSA on Camera Vision System and other Process Measurement Systems

T

trzaj

Is it possible to make Msa on process camera vision system for measuring some dimensional characteristics on extrudet of rubber products. Same question is for continuos weight scale for final products. Whats the solution in general for process measuring system for characteristics from quality plan. Best regards

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Does the concern regarding these particular measurement systems have to do with the fact that the same parts cannot be reintroduced to the measurement device? That they are continuous measurement systems?

T

trzaj

Miner,
Tnx for looking here. I know all that facts, and Im thinking about of method with which I can prove and qualify all of those types of MS's.
I'l will be gratefull to anyone who can recomend and tell some experience of camera vision systems and continuos weight scales.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
For a vision system measuring dimensions on extruded rubber, a basic repeatability study should be performed. Use 30 parts that span the range of variation you expect to see. measure each part twice. you should introduce the parts randomly to the vision system each time.

And of course the same method will be performed for the scale...if teh scale is analog and read by the operator you should have several operators weigh 30 parts twice. Assess each operators repeatability then assess the reproducibility of th eoperators. If hte readout is digital, you are probably safe skipping the operator component. However, if there is some technique to sample prep of the material to be weighed you should include operators even with a digital scale as their technique is part of the measurement system.

Top Bottom