MSA results differences - Supplier results vs. My results

adisc

Starting to get Involved
Hello,

I would like to ask more experienced users about differences I noticed in R&R results. Our Supplier has been asked to present MSA results for their functional tester for PCBAs and it looks that on few testing steps R&R is higher than 30%. I have calculated sample results one more time in sample template found in Internet and my results are completely different. I would like to understand what is the reason of such inconsistency.

Please see attached my template with the results. According to the Supplier data, GRR/ANOVA is 2,37.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
I suspect that they are reporting the percent contribution while you are looking at the percent study variation. Your spreadsheet is fairly accurate.

See the analysis from Minitab.
1583185288157.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G ANOVA GR&R: Minitab vs AIAG MSA results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
G Interpreting Type 1 MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
B MSA (Measurement System Analysis) - Results and Actions Taken Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
M MSA 4 - Results of GR&R Study using Range & Average Method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
I Interpretation of MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Linearity and Bias Study Results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
G Understanding & interpretation of MSA results as per 4th edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B MSA for Application Test Results - Supplying liquid raw materials to foam producers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
N MSA Calculation - My results do not match those of my customer Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
T MSA 3rd Edition Bias Analysis - p. 86, the new numerical analysis of results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Stuart Andrews MSA results on % Tolerance charts Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
G MSA check list to audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
R MSA for ATE (Automatic Test Equipment Embedded Software) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
Bev D MSA Tools Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R MSA studies for Heat Treatment Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
C Industrial scales and MSA (IATF 16949 requirement 7.1.5.1.1) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 30
M Difference between MSA and MSE? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Test method validation - Is MSA (MSA1, MSA2, MSA3 and linearity) a good solution? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
R Preliminary MSA and Sockets' correlation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
I MSA requirement for 5 Micrometers + CP changes need customer approval? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Bev D MSA Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 46
Emran.mi Measurement system analysis - Can you help me about implementation MSA for CMM device Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
N MSA Study for a Leak Testing Device Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
N Justifications for not performing MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
Prashant G MSA Study - AS 9100 and and our customer want us to do MSA study for their parts dimension Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
D Compression Spring Force MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
E MSA Study on MTS dynamic rate measurements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
A The FILE recommended by AIAG MSA 4ed for LINEARITY Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
S IATF 16949 Audit MSA IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
C Do Calibration Reference Standards require an MSA study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
A MSA When an Instrument Measures More than One Parameter Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
G MSA Type 1 - Cg and Cgk ranges Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
O MSA Study for a steel ruler Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
P IATF 16949 MSA Studies for CMM machines IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
B 7.1.5.1.1 MSA for inline dimension vision inspection equipment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
G MSA on a Counting System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C AIAG's IATF 16949 section 7.1.5.1.1 - Torque MSA Requirement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
S IATF 16949 7.1.5.1.1 Measurement System Analysis (MSA - Die casting) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J MSA on Part Specific Attribute Fixtures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S Test Method Validation or MSA for Batch Manufacturing Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
S MSA on a process using different fixtures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Camera Vision System Measurement System Analysis (MSA) Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
D Cp/Cpk on Gages for MSA (vs. Cg/Cgk) Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 21
L Number of Distinct Categories" or NDC Calculation in MSA Studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
Q Doing an MSA on a Climatic Chamber Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
L IATF 16949 7.1.5.1.1 Measurement System Analysis (MSA) - Visual Inspection IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
C MSA for Non Manufacturing - Design Validation, Characterization and Qualification Lab Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
C PPAP Rejection for "MSA-GR&R are not using the latest AIAG format" APQP and PPAP 9
C MSA (Measurement System Analysis) - Instrument Selection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4