MSA Studies of Instruments in a Paint Shop

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
Hopefully another member of the Cove has run into the problem I am encountering, and will have some suggestions.

I am finding it difficult to conduct Linearity, Bias and Stability studies on some of the instruments that I use; specifically a spectrophotometer (measuring color), a gloss meter (measuring gloss) and an optical microscope with micrometer stage (measuring film builds).

The difficulty lies in finding samples of a known value to conduct my studies against. If I use my own samples, the Bias is inherent in the process. Also, I am unable to go out to the 'limits' of my equipment, as the product I make (almost) always conforms to customer requirements.

Is anyone aware of a source for master samples to perform Linearity and Bias studies on my equipment? Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
Thanks Miner - that would definitely take care of the optical microscope. Now all I need is something similar for a gloss meter and a spectrophotometer :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R MSA studies for Heat Treatment Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
P IATF 16949 MSA Studies for CMM machines IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
L Number of Distinct Categories" or NDC Calculation in MSA Studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
P Frequency and Sample Size Requirements for an MSA Studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
A Is conducting of all MSA studies required, even if not required by the customer? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
B For a measuring instrument, should MSA be done first or the Capability studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
B Best Methods for conducting Shadowgraph MSA Studies Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
D Requiring a "bad" part for attribute MSA studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B How many MSA studies are required and at what interval(s)? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
J Analysis of GRR studies, MSA 4th Ed, Chapter III section B - Rigid Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
G Traceability Studies and Requirements for MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
G Dealing with Excessive Within-Part Variation when doing MSA and Cpk studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B How many Samples are required in Attribute Data MSA Studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Q MSA Studies on each Equipment, each Measurement System or Family in Control Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 35
S What is the Reference Value when we do Attribute MSA Studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 17
S The assessment of ndc figures in MSA studies. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
J ANOVA Method for MSA studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
S TS 16949 MSA Study Requirements - MSA Studies by Family Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
P MSA Attribute Studies - Calculate Cross Tabs, Effectiveness, Miss Rate, False Alarm Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
Ron Rompen MSA to perform Linearity and Stability studies on Variable Gauges with Minitab Ver 15 Using Minitab Software 6
L Is it necessary to carry out all the MSA studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M MSA Studies when not required by a customer Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
R "Gauge (Gage) R&R Studies per MSA Manual" - Customer Audit Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
D MSA - Can Regular Calibration Replace Bias, Linearity and Stability Studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
J What MSA studies do you include in PPAP level 3? APQP and PPAP 2
C What are the minimum required MSA studies for a TS 16949 PPAP? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Courier MSA Tools - Excel templates for doing the Linearity & Bias, & Stability Studies Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 13
D Measurement System Analysis (MSA) - Requirement to also do gage stability studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
X MSA Studies on a scale that is used in the calculation of Specific Gravity (SG) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
Y MSA - Torque Wrenches - Statistical studies that cover requirements of MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15
G MSA Studies on heat shock tests - Should we just be calibrating the oven? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B PPK Requirements & MSA Studies for PPAP APQP and PPAP 10
T APQP Control Plans - MSA studies for everything listed on the plan? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Ron Rompen MSA on automated measurement system - Multiple Step Vision System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
G MSA check list to audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
R MSA for ATE (Automatic Test Equipment Embedded Software) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
Bev D MSA Tools Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
C Industrial scales and MSA (IATF 16949 requirement 7.1.5.1.1) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 30
M Difference between MSA and MSE? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Test method validation - Is MSA (MSA1, MSA2, MSA3 and linearity) a good solution? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
A MSA results differences - Supplier results vs. My results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Preliminary MSA and Sockets' correlation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
I MSA requirement for 5 Micrometers + CP changes need customer approval? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Bev D MSA Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 46
Emran.mi Measurement system analysis - Can you help me about implementation MSA for CMM device Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
N MSA Study for a Leak Testing Device Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
N Justifications for not performing MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
Prashant G MSA Study - AS 9100 and and our customer want us to do MSA study for their parts dimension Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4