MSA to perform Linearity and Stability studies on Variable Gauges with Minitab Ver 15

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
I am trying to create a template (and associated work instruction) to perform Linearity and Stability studies on variable gauges in our plant, using Minitab Ver 15.

I have attempted several times to follow the instructions on the 'Help' menu, but have not been able to duplicate their results.

Has anyone here developed a template and work instruction that they would be willing to share?
:thanks:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

David DeLong

Re: MSA with Minitab Ver 15

Ron:

I may not be able to help you on minitab but I do question why you would want to do stability testing. As a 2nd tier supplier, you should be performing R & R studies on family of gauges shown in the Control Plans.

As far as linearity, that is part of the calibration programme and I, again, question why minitab is of value.

Just some questions from a guy who has been consulting in 1st and 2nd tier automotive for quite a while.

Ron Rompen

We are Tier II/Tier I, and it has been 'suggested' to us that we comply with this requirement going forward. As well, we will be supplying Chrysler directly next year, so I want to get a good head start on it.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin

Not sure what you mean by a template, but attached is the data entry format and results from Minitab 15's sample data set. The blue ZERO line should fall entirely within the red CI lines for the gage to be considered acceptable.

Attachments

Y

Yew Jin

Re: MSA to perform Linearity and Stability studies on Variable Gauges with Minitab Ve

We may always go to the examples that provided in the help files and look into the specific worksheet that used in the example. From there we will gain the data stacking knowledge for any study in Minitab. :yes:

Ron Rompen

Re: MSA to perform Linearity and Stability studies on Variable Gauges with Minitab Ve

Thanks for the data set; for some reason it hadn't installed on my system. I will run through it, and see what kind of result I get.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin

It probably is loaded on your system, but you need to use the Open Worksheet command, not the Open Project command. Most sample data sets are saved as Worksheets.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B How to perform a MSA - GRR (Gage R&R) A&R/ANOVA Vs GUM/VDA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
T How to perform an MSA on Cross Hatch Test Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
G Tester Measurement Variability - How perform an MSA on a Test Machine Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
B How to perform MSA for PLC-interlocked torque tools Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M Torque wrenches and drivers - How to perform MSA (measurement system analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
N MSA - How do I perform a Stability Study as a part of Measurement Systems Analysis? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
N Do we have to perform MSA on every drawing dimension measured? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M DMM Multimeter - Perform a complete MSA study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
K Updated MSA with the Annual PPAP validations APQP and PPAP 7
E MSA for Push and Pull test Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
6 MSA for Calculated Clearance Dimension Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Ron Rompen MSA on automated measurement system - Multiple Step Vision System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
G MSA check list to audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
R MSA for ATE (Automatic Test Equipment Embedded Software) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
Bev D MSA Tools Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R MSA studies for Heat Treatment Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
C Industrial scales and MSA (IATF 16949 requirement 7.1.5.1.1) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 30
M Difference between MSA and MSE? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Test method validation - Is MSA (MSA1, MSA2, MSA3 and linearity) a good solution? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
A MSA results differences - Supplier results vs. My results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Preliminary MSA and Sockets' correlation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
I MSA requirement for 5 Micrometers + CP changes need customer approval? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Bev D MSA Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 46
Emran.mi Measurement system analysis - Can you help me about implementation MSA for CMM device Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
N MSA Study for a Leak Testing Device Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
N Justifications for not performing MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
Prashant G MSA Study - AS 9100 and and our customer want us to do MSA study for their parts dimension Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
D Compression Spring Force MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
E MSA Study on MTS dynamic rate measurements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
A The FILE recommended by AIAG MSA 4ed for LINEARITY Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
S IATF 16949 Audit MSA IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
C Do Calibration Reference Standards require an MSA study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
A MSA When an Instrument Measures More than One Parameter Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
G MSA Type 1 - Cg and Cgk ranges Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
O MSA Study for a steel ruler Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
P IATF 16949 MSA Studies for CMM machines IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
B 7.1.5.1.1 MSA for inline dimension vision inspection equipment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
G MSA on a Counting System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C AIAG's IATF 16949 section 7.1.5.1.1 - Torque MSA Requirement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
S IATF 16949 7.1.5.1.1 Measurement System Analysis (MSA - Die casting) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J MSA on Part Specific Attribute Fixtures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
G ANOVA GR&R: Minitab vs AIAG MSA results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
S Test Method Validation or MSA for Batch Manufacturing Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
S MSA on a process using different fixtures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Camera Vision System Measurement System Analysis (MSA) Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
D Cp/Cpk on Gages for MSA (vs. Cg/Cgk) Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 21
L Number of Distinct Categories" or NDC Calculation in MSA Studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
Q Doing an MSA on a Climatic Chamber Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3