MSQA from CSU(DH) Online Courses - California State University

B

Brian Myers

I am restarting an old thread....

There was a question a few years ago about the California State Univ. Online MSQA program. No one responded on the quality of the school or the program. I would like to here any feedback anyone can give on the program and school, I am seriously considering enrolling in it very soon.

I have considered the MSEM programs, but none are location/media advantageous to me currently, and the MBA track just isn't what I am interested in at this point. I have a BS in Mechanical, a Minor in Economics, and have developed a passion for the Quality Assurance aspects of Engineering and Manufacturing. I have spent my career (so far) in Quality and Program Management and the MSQA seems to be the most logical (and interesting) path for my continuing ed.

Thanks,
Brian

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

ralphsulser

Also check out Southern Polytechnic State Univ. in Marietta, Ga.
Graig H got his MSQA there, and I have been there for TS 16949 LA certification.

B

Brian Myers

ralphsulser said:
Also check out Southern Polytechnic State Univ. in Marietta, Ga.
Graig H got his MSQA there, and I have been there for TS 16949 LA certification.

Thanks!

Any feedback on the instruction, instructors, or school? I want to make sure I know as much as possible from students before I jump in...

Brian

R

ralphsulser

Spsu-msqa

Graig H is an active Cove Member and Moderator, you could lookup his profile and send him a private e-mail. I think this was also discussed here, and there should be some posts about it. Try a search on the Cove.

C

Craig H.

Hi, folks!

I cannot comment on the quality of the professors now, because the main ones I had have retired. That said, assuming that the same caliber of people was hired as replacements you can expect the best.

My undergrad is from UGA. While I like Athens, the undergrads (you know the 80% that pays a good bit of the fare for the other 20%) were treated badly, IMO. SPSU is completely the opposite, and not just for their MSQA folks.

Another word about instructors. While the professors are good, for several classes you have to do group projects. This was my first experience doing that, and have never actually met a few of my co-conspirators face to face. There was only one case where I had a problem with one of the team members who did not do their work. The other two of us had worked all quarter and kept trying to contact him. When he finally emailed us for the first time 2 days from the due date, we turned him over to the professor, who took remedial action.

The other teams I worked with were great (even that one with the deadbeat was fun). For one class we designed a quality design plan for Dick Tracey-type cell phone wrist communicators. Cool (OK, so I'm a geek).

The up side of this kind of learning is that you can make almost all of it fit your schedule. The down side (if you want to call it that) is that you have to actually find time to make yourself do the work. The professors and your classmates are accessible, but YOU have to do the work. If you are not ready to make the commitment of time and energy, don't step into these waters.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Craig H.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
I can offer an insight to CSUDH.....I know some of the instructors.....most are working professionals in the field they instruct, and I have worked with at least one that I know well.

It is entirely on-line, though a physical campus does exist.

I have no first hand knowledge of how good the Measurement Science emphasis is so I cannot comment on it.

During Measurement Science Conference (MSC) I can try to get more information if desired.

Hope this helps.

Hershal

B

Brian Myers

I changed my mind, but still applied...

Thanks to everyone who responded. I have actually applied for the Graduate Program (online) at CSU, but I chose to go the MSEM route instead of the MSQA program. I decided that my career is probably better served with a degree in the Management Track.

I am now officially holding my breath!!:eek:

Brian

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Dual degree MSQA - CSU online program (MSQA) and continuing a Masters in Biotech Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
P MSQA Online Degree - Does anyone know any other QA Online programs? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
gard2372 BSBM-->MBA-QM or MSQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
M MSQA Program at California State University Career and Occupation Discussions 3
S RA (Regulatory Affairs) certification & Online Internship Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
Richard Regalado Informational ISO makes available relevant BCMS standards free for online access Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 5
John C. Abnet Free Social Distancing Online Q&A session on 2 April 2020 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
H Online courses/program for medical device regulation EU Medical Device Regulations 4
B OSHA Top Ten webinar, March 31 (free online) [Deleted] Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
G USAS ISO 9001 Certification, online is it worth it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
F Online courses - Metrology, standardization, calibration and ISO 17025 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
S Where to get online AS standard audit certification classes? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
D ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.4.3 "Information for External Providers" buying from online retailers. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
macchiato Sale of Rx Only Medical Device to Physician Online Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
N Online Internal Auditing Course for ISO 13485 - Suggestions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
B Classes/ Online Training on ISO 13485:2016 and FDA QSR Part 820 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
J Good Laboratory Practice: online training course recommendations? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
J Online ISO 13485 Auditor Certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R Online / Cloud Based Software as Medical Device EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Sidney Vianna ISO 20488 - Online Consumer Reviews Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
E Online training for an internal auditor to AS9120B AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
T Are online IATF 16949 training/certification worth the investment? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
K Online IATF16949 training Internal Auditing 10
A How to Handle Documented Information in an online database for ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
T Online IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Course IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T Recommendations for ONLINE IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
R Electronic (Online Database) Calibration Records General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
M AS9102 Training - Seeking third party agency that provides online AS9102 training AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
Marc Definition PEPPOL - Pan-European Public Procurement Online Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
BradM The Cove's Sister: Quality Forum Online Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
K Online Employee Training Software Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Sidney Vianna Covegratulations to The Cove and Marc Smith - 19 years online January 6, 2015 Covegratulations 18
Marc Explore - Movies, audios and more! An Online Library Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
S Can I accomplish ISO 13485 Lead Auditor Training online? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
Ronen E Online resource for USA cities historical weather observations Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
T ISO Auditor Training - What online training is actually value added? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
M Continuing Education for Quality Professional (Online) Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 6
A Recommended Online Lead Auditor Course Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
A Online Navigation of Procedures and Quality System Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
W What Are Some Online Car Auction Websites? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
S Suggestions for Six Sigma Online Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
F Looking for a free Online Auditing Software / System ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Online Employee Testing Sites Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
Sidney Vianna ISO Online Browsing Platform (OBP) - Search Resource for "all things ISO" Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
S Source of Online or Home Based HACCP - FSSC22K Training Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
C Reputable Online CSSGB Training - Are there any? Six Sigma 4
somashekar ~~ The Elsmar Cove Birthday - Online for 17 years! ~~ Covegratulations 16
J Online FMEA Risk Management Course Recommendations ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
B Online User Feedback Customer Complaints 11
N Online Masters of Science in Quality Management Program Professional Certifications and Degrees 5