Multi-Site Certification to ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001

A

AWAIMS

I have the possibility of gaining employment with an organisation looking to gain certification to a number of sites. Their head office currently has ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
There are only a handful of employees at their other 2 offices. The questions I need to ask are:
What resources would need to be employed?
How would you assess and document the requirements for all offices?
How would the relationship be managed between the sites?
Once accreditation is secured what would be the on-going plan for review?

I am hoping the forum can give me some much need tips.
Thanks in anticipation.

P

pearson114

Re: Multi-site certification

Hi AWAIMS,

Welcome to the Cove!

Can you share any further information? Such as the role you may potentially be taking, the type of product or service you will be working with and what activities occur at each site?

A

AWAIMS

Thanks for the reply.

The role is a quality and training co-ordinator.
The company does:

Environmental Planning, Environmental Assessment, Landscape and Urban Design, and are environmental consultants. This will be the service from each office.

P

pearson114

If all sites perform the same activities then it should be quite simple.

If you can develop one set of processes, procedures and one top level manual then this should be sufficient for all three sites, in my opinion. There may be some tweaks in terms of roles and responsibilities for the three sites.

Providing the systems are implemented and maintained at all three sites there then shouldn't be an issue in selecting one (where the company is registered) as the 'Head Office' and naming the other two sites on the certificate as 'Other sites'.

In terms of resource, that all depends on how big/small the company/sites is/are. The company as a whole will require a Management Representative. It's then up to the decision makers within the company as to whether you (I assume) will be in charge of quality for all three sites, or if you will have someone overseeing quality for each individual site.

Please bear in mind that I'm looking at this from an ISO9001 POV, I'm not clued up enough on the environmental side to pass judgement.

A

AWAIMS

Thanks for the information it is really useful and I appreciate what you have said.

I had kind of looked at it in the same way, but needed clarification that I was correct in my thinking as I am not as familiar with multi-site operations.

G

guruprasadb

Hi,

In person i have also dealt with Multi site Certification system where we used to have
2 Office (Head & Branch -Marketing , Purchase and Finance)
3 Sites ( 2 sites of same operation & 1 site different)

here we made common Management Manual for all consisting Minimum requirements of standards and then site specific Operational manuals refered in Management manual based upon the site responsibilities and authorities
Management representative (MR) is Common all sites and Individual site has contact point called as Management Representative's representative (MRR).

D

DougieB

Hi there,:bigwave:

In a similar situation to yourself as I have four sites across Europe to try and gain ISO accreditation for. Only two sites need to be audited this year and two next year, and I have a larger site in England to do as well. I have not been to any of them yet apart from the England one. Try and get a Manual and procedures to cover them all and that will be half the battle. I am waiting for a new comp system to be put in before I go to the sites. They are small and I am not sure how to audit them.

A

AWAIMS

It does appear to be a common theme, to have one Quality Manual for all sites, and then specific procedures relevant to each site.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
I have the possibility of gaining employment with an organisation looking to gain certification to a number of sites. Their head office currently has ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001. ...................

1. Are these sites within the same country?

2. What is the organizations preference - single cert or multi-cert?

A

AWAIMS

Yes the sites are within the same country.
They are looking at Multi-certification.

Top Bottom