Multivariable Control Chart - Target, Short Run, Group charts, T2, etc.

M

mclaubee

i'm newbie in <multivariable control chart> can anyone tell me where can get some articles, journals or anythings that can help me to study on this! TQ
ps: happy to be a new member in this forum! ;)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Darius

Mclaubee, welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it as I do.

the book

INNOVATIVE CONTROL CHARTING, Practical SPC Solutions for Today's Manufacturing Environment

writen by Stephen A. Wise and Douglas C. Fair. from ASQ Quality press

I don't know is in the net but the tema are

Group
Group Target
Group Short Run

:bigwave:

M

mclaubee

hi Darius, thanks for your reply! :) i'll try to search the book that you mentioned...but do you have any idea where can i get "multivariable control chart" in the internet??? like some article...website...tutorial...
ps: sorry for the late reply....last saturday was my sister wedding...was a busy day...

D

Dave Strouse

Can you tell us more?

mclaubee -

I think we need more info. Are you trying to control chart multiple characteristics of a single part? e.g. lenght and weight of a part.If so, start off with "Advanced Topics in SPC", Wheeler, Chapter 15.
The internet search most likelky to be fruitfull for this is "Hotelling's t squared."
I found this link which might help.
http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/pmc/section5/pmc543.htm

Darius is interpreting your need as being to do short run SPC e.g. lenght of part number 123, equivalent lenght of part 456. The references he cites are excellant for that situation if that is your case.

Juran's (as usual) treats both these in the control chart section ( chapter 45 of the 5th ed) , but is pretty skimpy.

PS I won't be able to give practical advice on either as all my experience has been more prosaic. You must have some "kewl" applications as my kids say, if you are considering these exotic types. :D
Wonder if common Shewhart techniques might do you just as well.
Only one old dog's opinion. :bonk:

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
mclaubee,

This might help a little...

Hotelling T**2 Chart. When there are multiple related quality characteristics (recorded in several variables), we can produce a simultaneous plot (see example below) for all means based on Hotelling multivariate T**2 statistic (first proposed by Hotelling, 1947).

There is an example of it (an lotsa other neat stuff) here: http://www.statsoft.com/textbook/stathome.html

Lotsa luck!

B

ben sortin

An Introduction to Multivariate Statistical Analysis, T.W. Anderson, John Wiley & Sons, 1984.

Introduction to Statistical Quality Control, Douglas C. Montgomery, John Wiley & Sons, 1985.

There are articles of interest in old Technometrics Journals as well.

Got sphericity test?

D

Darius

from http://www.sematech.org

Increased application of Hotelling T sq and its use within manufacturing warrant examination of violations of basic statistics assumptions. Over 80 percent of industrial processes violate these assumptions. Hotelling T sq assumes normally distributed and independently sampled data. Process control decisions on defect detection, adjustment of manufacturing processes, or on modifications to manufacturing equipment, are all subject to expensive mistakes if supporting statistical methods are applied invalidly. This paper discusses assumptions violations and techniques to prepare manufacturing data for valid application of Hotelling T sq, and additionally for principal components analysis, which is often used in conjunction with Hotelling T sq. Violation conditions, effects and remedies are tested and illustrated.
And Wheeler on Advanced Topics in Statistical Process Control said
while the T2 Chart is more complete and more mathematically rigouros than Dp Chart, it only works for a narrow set of conditions, and it is virtually impossible to ever verify if there conditions are completely satisfied.
So don't just use the math, be carefull.
:smokin:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V MVT(Multivariable Transmitter) accuracy- AGA3 and AGA8 calculations for Natural Gas General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Using electronic lab notebooks in the design control process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Process & Product Characteristic in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 17
D How to calculate the A4 constants in Median/Range control charts? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
Nihls Quality Control Card for CMM's Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 0
M Change control on Tracking Sheet ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
K COPLANARITY: Composite profile tolerance on multiple surfaces- what does" lower dimensional reference frame tolerance" control? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
M Medical Device Marketing Material - Control of Social Media 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Does 4.5 - Alternative RISK CONTROL apply to the Particular Standards? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
H Control of Change i.e. process and WI IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
Sonja D AIAG VDA PFMEA and Control Plan training FMEA and Control Plans 6
F Quality Control in Electrical Calibration ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
Z Why Control Limits are not the same depending on type of exclusion of data points Using Minitab Software 7
D Engineering Change order vs. Change Control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Computer access, password control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
A How to control distribution list? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
A Control plan for IATF - example? FMEA and Control Plans 1
J ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.5.1 Control of Production and service provision - Help with Work Instruction Access ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
A Final quality control corrective actions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
J Training on the importance of Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
G How to implement H&S and Quality Control Requirements in Contract for Potential Supplier? Contract Review Process 6
D GAMP CAT 5 Change Control Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 9
D Use Error Risk Controls and Control Verification ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
S Maintenence related action in Control plan FMEA and Control Plans 3
M ISO 13485 and document control for programs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
R Control Methods in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 5
M Design Control - Management of Electronic CAD files Design and Development of Products and Processes 14
S TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act) PIP 3:1 RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
S Use of Attributes Control Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
U Appraiser Out of Control Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
L Looking for Control Plan and FMEA Stamping process FMEA and Control Plans 2
Z AS9100 Control of Nonconforming Outputs - Rework Dispositions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
K ASME, ANSI, ASTM and similar specifications and their requirements for document control. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
Z Software for design control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
K Quality Control/Assurance in the Metal Industry Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 10
K Defining risk control measures IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 14
J Warehouse temperature and humidity control EU Medical Device Regulations 7
Jimmy123 IATF16949 Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 1
D Control Number for Class III and IV devices Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
J Document Control Metrics Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Document Control Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Controlling Expandable Forms in Paper-Based Document Control System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
N ISO 13485 7.3.9 Change control in medical device software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C UDI Questions on Control Units Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
A Quality Control Datasheets Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
M Control-self assessment Internal Auditing 5
GreatNate Master Control QMS software Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
A Prototype control plan FMEA and Control Plans 2
J Records Control - Does each individual record need to be numbered? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
shimonv Document Control Procedure Header Content Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4