Must I update the Quality Policy? (ISO 9001:2008)

K

Kchnwtch

Hello,
We have our first surveillance audit coming up. (We're still on 2008.) We review our quality policy every other month in management review, but since we came up with our quality policy a year ago, in this month's meeting everyone "officially" agreed the quality policy is fine as is. My question: do I still need to update the quality policy in the quality manual, and also re-date any quality policy postings? Or is the record in the management review minutes enough?

Thanks!:thanx:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
You say this is a "surveillance audit". Did your registrar (CB) have a problem with it in any of their earlier audits? If they did not, this should not be an issue. Since the registrar "approved" the original quality policy (had no complaint or finding) since it hasn't changed this should be moot. That you are discussing your quality policy regularly and have determined it is adequate and appropriate shows ongoing evaluation and that you are serious in ensuring it remains appropriate and adequate.

Since you say you have not changed it, I see no reason to update your quality manual and/or quality policy postings.

:2cents:

J

JoShmo

It's gonna depend on what you think the context of your organization is, really. Off course, if nothings changed what are you expecting to update? But, here's the scoop: If you have been telling everyone you exceed customers expectations, you'd better know what that is and be able to show you have. Take a good look at what you do and ask yourslef (and your management) if that's what's going on. If you can't even get the job done right and on time (to their requirements, not what YOU say) theyn your hardly exceeding expectations are you?

K

Kchnwtch

We listened to our consultant when he said avoid using "exceeding" for just that reason. I'm confident that our quality policy fits what we do, and the team has been trying to get "underneath" the issues that get in the way of our targets. I'm just trying to make sure I dot the i's and cross the t's with our documentation.

Thanks for your help!:thanks:

B

Bpoole

We have had the same Quality Policy for 13 years. We bring it up in management review meeting about once a year and agree it still meet our goals and objectives. Our business has not changed, therefore why should our policy?

Randy

Super Moderator
Yep, you're already promising to do good things, obey the rules and help little old ladies cross the street....Leave it if it's still conforming to requirements

If y'all didn't understand your business environment for all this time your doors probably would have already been closed.

Too many folks are getting something caught in the wringer over "context"

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
<Snip> If y'all didn't understand your business environment for all this time your doors probably would have already been closed.

Too many folks are getting something caught in the wringer over "context"

I couldn't agree more Randy - if you look on page 1 (home) of most organisation's websites, you probably have the context written down already.

Top Bottom