My Attached Document Control Procedure for your Review

Gman2

Involved - Posts
What do you think?

I think its WAY too much.

I was actually thinking of a way to ONLY make it the Figure1 diagram. That kind of covers it.

Thoughts?

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
Re: My Attached Document Control Procedure

Aside from the (expected) minor typos, I did notice the duplicate paragraphs 5 and 6...

Other than that, I personally think that the text clarifies what the diagram does not specify, so in my opinion I wouldn't give up completely on the current format, but it is still your document to use.

Brian :rolleyes:

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
A couple of things I noticed - as Gman pointed out, section 6 is a duplicate of section 5.
Section 7.1 calls for a review of controlled forms annually, but 7.5 and 7.6 call for a review of work instructions and drawings on an 'as-needed' basis. These should (IMHO) be included in the annual review as well, since they are controlled documents as well.
Without knowing the size of your company, I would recommend that you 'spread the responsibility' for documents a little bit. Right now you have the QA manager responsible for everything - let the various department heads take responsibility for their own documentation (especially reviews), with QA acting as the gatekeeper.

Gman2

Involved - Posts
I appreciate the input. I am going to post my quality manual soon. I think some of you will kind of like it.

Anyway about the procedure, at this point the only reason a procedure would change is if I knew about it. I am ONLY writing six procedures and a very limited number of work instructions. I have never found them to be value added in any way, they are just printed and left to gather dust everywhere I have been. Now for the areas that NEED work instructions we have them but they are few and far between. I am desiging forms with the "instructions" built in for the most part, and the in-between we handle with training and experience. Thats kind of why I left them ass needed.

Again, thanks for looking.
I cant wait to see what eveyone here thinks of the new manual (good or bad)!

G

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M I Attached My first Document Control Procedure for your Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S Document Control Policy - Looking for comments on mine (attached) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
D Document Control Procedure - Ideas - Examples Attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 40
S TS16949:2002 checklist - MS Word .doc Document attached IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 53
T Document Review and Approval Form - Examples Attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
bobdoering Informational New AIAG PFMEA Process - Excel Template Attached FMEA and Control Plans 23
CycleMike GD&T - Hole pattern - Print (attached) has a single Datum Reference Frame Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
N Looking for input on the attached Process / IATF 16949 Clause Matrix IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J Downloading and/or Viewing Files Attached to Posts Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
R Please help me with attached copy of AS 9100D internal audit check sheet AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A Does anybody know in which Standard can this attached Alarm Symbol be found? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S New FAA Form 8130-3 Effective 2/1/14 - Unlocked version attached Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
DanteCaspian Free Poster Download: LANGUAGE OF LEAN CULTURE (2017 Revision Attached) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 14
S Capacity Planning Sheet attached Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 7
G MSA Gage R&R and Attribute Forms Attached Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
G APQP Timing Plan Template attached APQP and PPAP 3
S Training Tool in Excel Attached Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 15
G CE Mark for a device attached to a vehicle CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
Q Regression Analysis for the Attached Data - help needed - TIA Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 13
E What is missing in the attached Declaration of Conformity CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R ISO 13485 Mind Map attached - Please review and comment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
B Understanding the attached sample Pareto Chart for Customer Complaint Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 20
P Calculating Process Capability from Data of attached spreadsheet Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
S ISO9001 - AS9100 - AC7004 - Matrix Attached AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Auditing Planning and Corrective Action Forms Attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
L Explanation of the note attached to 7.1(a) in AS 9100 Rev.C AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
E Quality Manual and Standard Operating Procedures - File attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
glork98 IEC 62304:2006/AMD1:2015 Checklist .xls file attached IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 6
C A form to track Action Items needed attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
automoto Attribute MSA (Measurement System Analysis) - .xls Form attached Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 27
automoto 5 x WHY (Form) attached Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
D AS9102 - How to title the attached form and how to identify the characteristics AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
P Employee Database template file attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
Marc Copyright - 'Ownership' of Post Content and Files Attached to Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 2
automoto Gage R&R Form in Excel for Calculating Gauge R&R - Attached Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 73
R ISO 17025 .pdf Example Quality Manual Attached ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
L List of updated ISO Standards attached - September 2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
D What would be the appropriate control chart for the attached data? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S AS9103 Process Control Plan - MS Word .doc File Forms attached AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A Failure Data of Cathode Stripping Machines - Reliability from the data attached Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
C Process Flow Diagram, FMEA and Control Plan Attached - Please Review FMEA and Control Plans 6
S Visual assembly aid example attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
D Is there a process shift and/or trend in the attached control chart? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 33
J 5S Scored Audit form - 5S audit form .xls Excel file attached Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 74
M Risk Management Process Workbook - Attached Files FMEA and Control Plans 28
T Share your APQP or PPAP package! Attached is a PPAP template APQP and PPAP 44
C Customer Complaints 'Access' Database - See attached for your comments Customer Complaints 17
ccochran Root Cause Worksheet - Attached Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
J ISO 9001:2000 Process Audit Attached - I sure would LOVE some feedback! Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 1
J 5 Whys powerpoint .ppt training presentation - Attached Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 42