Interesting Discussion My Class Assignment on Quality Assurance Gurus

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: My Class Assignment on Quality Assurance Gurus for Your Review - Help needed

I hope she'll learn from this experience and do better. I know she will.

Stijloor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Re: My Class Assignment on Quality Assurance Gurus for Your Review - Help needed

I've seen far worse from people that are supposed to know....;)
I have to agree.

Anna - I apologise for a couple of rude responses. Please don't let them bother you. I've met quality managers in their 40's - 'Professionals' - That would have a problem writing a paper like this.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator

I've taught a few evening courses here in America (you'll see some of the course dialogues if you search through the Cove here) and offer the following:

Did your course have any grading criteria for the paper? For example, 10% of your score is for grammar, 25% for construction, etc. This could lead you to look where to make up some of your lost points.

Did the professor give any red line comments? More detail behind why a D? If not, would be worth asking the professor - what did you not like about the paper? I hope you received some specific advice if you have the chance to redo the work.

If I was grading the paper, the thing that struck me (beyond the convoluted tense and grammar) was that this seemed like a "book report". Just a compilation of disconnected quotes and "stuff". I don't detect what YOUR opinion is on the various information in your paper. No passion. I don't see that you have internalized the information, and am presenting to me your conclusions. What do you THINK about this information? What does this mean to YOU? Do you have a personal favorite in this? Why are they your favorite? As an instructor, I wanted to see that the student learned something from the exercise, not just cut and pasted a bunch of wikipedia quotes. And I am wary that there aren't any "formal" books or documents in your references, just wikipedia.

I hope this helps . . .

Randy

Super Moderator

Accept my apology Anna, I was out of line, rude and totally unprofessional.

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator

And I am wary that there aren't any "formal" books or documents in your references, just wikipedia.
Agree with Steve here - Wikipedia's disclaimer concerning academic use (read the disclaimer here) specifically states they are a starting point for any research, and probably should not be cited in an academic paper - just like any other encyclopedia.

I also occurs to me that for future success in writing projects - or in academic pursuit in general, take as many writing classes as you can. Nothing bogs down a research project more then struggling with how to say something.

M

moiraknows

Have we heard from Anna yet?

CalRich

Involved In Discussions

And one more thing, in passing--you've committed the egregious literary offense of Apostrophe Abuse in such forms as "guru's." This is a hanging offense in some states, so you might want to pay a visit to the Apostrophe Protection Society for some guidance.:D
...As for finding fault with the individuals... it's OK to do that, as long as it's done correctly. Each is not without it's strengths and weaknesses. ...
Looks like many of us could use a membership in the APS. I could almost die when I proofread something I've written and find such a blunder. But we're all human, it's true.

CalRich

Involved In Discussions

Did your course have any grading criteria for the paper? For example, 10% of your score is for grammar, 25% for construction, etc. This could lead you to look where to make up some of your lost points.

Did the professor give any red line comments? More detail behind why a D? If not, would be worth asking the professor - what did you not like about the paper? I hope you received some specific advice if you have the chance to redo the work.
Great point... what were the instructor's expectations? Hopefully he/she gave you guidance on what was deficient. You were lucky (or ingenious) to have come here to inquire about this situation. Good luck with the revision!

BradM

Staff member
Admin

Have we heard from Anna yet?
Not that I'm aware of. It would be nice to get some follow-up information to her paper regarding what grade level this is for, any grading criteria, purpose of paper, etc. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A FDA Class Classification for a cabinet 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
W Protective earth for Class I ME equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
K Class III Kit Box - Are translations mandatory under EU MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Edward Reesor FDA DM and /or Class I Life Saving US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
A Interpretation of GMP Requirements for class 1 medical device manufacturer (device GMP exempt, only General controls applicable) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
F UDI - Unit of Use and Class I, single-use devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
H MDD Article 12 Labeling for Class IIa Medical Device - Please Advise EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A AQL - How to count samples with defects for each defect class AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 17
R IVDR CE Mark for Class A products - Declaration of Conformity CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Medical Device Vigilance decision tree for Japan for class 2 devices. Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
K Contamination Control - Class Is medical devices (Clause 6.4.2 ISO 13485:2016 (E)) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
W Seeking Guidance Verification Test Strategy for Class B Medical Devices IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
S Shipment of a CE Approved Class III Device to the EU Member States Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
S Technical File for Surgical Mask in Class 1 MDD Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 1
Edward Reesor EU Authorized Representative (Class I device) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
S Class I MDR Article 10 – QMS EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Q Old products new class - Dental Devices - Choosing tests EU Medical Device Regulations 2
dinaroxentool Former Class I device that is upscaled to IIa if the MDR is delayed EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Class Fixed ME Equipment (US Deviation) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
W Direct to customer export of medical device (class I: prescription lenses + frame) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
M CE self-certification for Class I device (face mask) EU Medical Device Regulations 9
C New Class III medical device application for Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
T First 510(k) submission - Class II software as medical device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
Y Retrospective Validation - Class I device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
JoCam Failure to test Class I medical device to IEC 60601-1-11 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
C ISO 13485 Requirement in Australia/NZ for class 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S How to register class IIA medical device accessories EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Post Market Surveillance for Class II Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Special Controls and Class II Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 18
T HF testing / Summative evaluation for MDDS class I necessary? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
U Medical device trial budget - 2 hospitals for Class IIa medical device in Sweden Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
A Class medical device (MDD) - Classification help EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Changing supplier of critical raw material (III class device) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
G Class IIa medical products - PMS report and PSUR EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Class I - International Registrations EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Notified Body audits -Class Ia medical device product EU Medical Device Regulations 4
K EIFU indicator symbol - Class I labels as per EU MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 2
B Label Review for Class II Device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M Are Fungal counts acceptable in class 1000 clean rooms? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
J ISO 14971 applied to ISO 13485? Low risk class 1 devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M IEC 62304 Class A Project IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 15
N Can a (class I) medical device be manufactured in a GMP certified site with no ISO13485? EU Medical Device Regulations 18
Q Need clarification on requirements.... Class i, gmp & 510(k) exempt Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 12
U Do we need clinical trial data for Class IIa medical device under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 7
rob73 MDCG guidance on class 1 devices and MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
R Countries that accept 510k approvals - Class II nonsterile medical device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
B Class III Medical Device Accelerated conditions Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
S Until when can we CE-mark and sell MDD class 1 devices? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 17
M User manual / instructions for use for class II device always required? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
J Powered wheelchairs (Class IIa) in the process of CE marking and use in hospitals CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4