My company is pursuing OHSAS 18001 and I'm looking for Safety Policy Examples

Antone out there have some Safety Policy examples? My company is pursuing OHSAS 18001 and I nee to come up with a Safety Policy. I defintely will need to customize it but some examples would be a great staring point. Thanks.:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

Teri - 2011

Re: Safety Policy Examples

Antone out there have some Safety Policy examples? My company is pursuing OHSAS 18001 and I nee to come up with a Safety Policy. I defintely will need to customize it but some examples would be a great staring point. Thanks.:thanx:
Here is a copy of ours, been around for quite sometime, and not sure that is meets the OHSAS, as safety is not my speciality (no, not accident prone, just about the quality side of things;) ) I deleted names & company header.

Attachments

L

little__cee

Re: Safety Policy Examples

We don't have the OHSAS 18001 but here is our short & sweet policy statement:

SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICY:
It is the policy of <company name> that all employees participate in an effort to safeguard employees from accidents and to maintain at all times an effective safety and health program. Management will provide the necessary leadership to ensure a safe and healthful work environment, and follow operating practices that will result in safe work conditions and efficient operations.

It is each department leader’s responsibility to ensure safe work conditions for all employees and to ensure that the employees are following safe practices in the performance of their duties.

Employees are required to use the safety equipment provided. Rules of conduct and rules of safety shall be observed. Safety equipment must not be destroyed or abused.

The joint cooperation of employees and management in the observance of this policy will provide safe work conditions that will be of mutual advantage to all.

Y

Yew Jin

Some requirements for the OH&S policy.........

The policy shall
1.Be appropriaate to nature and scale of organization
2.Include commitment to continual improvement
3.Commitment to at least comply with current applicable OHS legal
4.Be documented, implemented and maintained
5.Be communicated to all - aware of their individual OHS obligations
6.Available to interested parties
7.Reviewed periodically to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate to the organization

Some typical inputs on OH&S Policy
-Policy relevant to nature of business
-OHS hazard of the organization
-Legal and other requirement
-Historical and current OHS performances
-Need of interested parties
-Opportunities & need to continual improvement
-Resources needed
-Contributions of employees
-Contributions of contractors and other

Some typical outputs on OH&S Policy
-Comprehensive
-Understandable
OHS policy that is communicated throughout the organization

:bigwave: Good Luck!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Implementing the PRRC role in a company EU Medical Device Regulations 5
BeaBea ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company? Service Industry Specific Topics 16
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
U Document Approval - Software company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T EQMS for small medical device company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
Q Corona virus Contingency plan - What have you done in your company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
Q Must product name be listed the same name in FURLS, UDI, GUDID and Company Website? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
E Sharepoint for ISO 13485 QMS for small IVD company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
Z 510(k) usage - Company has 2 physically similar products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
Q Company Ownership Change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
L Contracted Manufacture Company wanting to be able to design and manufacture own product. 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
D ISO9001 for one man company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
T Client Communication - SaaMD company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R Notified Body for MDD 1Q20 - Florida Company Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
E In need of a new TGA sponsor - Small software company Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
F ISO 17025 8.8 Internal Audits in a segmented company ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
E Company A supplies pharmaceuticals to the MOI - Who is responsible? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
S How to determine & document Organizational Knowledge of a company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
U IT Process is Taken From company and Added to Corporate Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
N Non traumatic edge - Remark in some of my company drawings EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R Inventory management for a small startup device company Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
M Software Development Company - Who would own the whole process and the certification afterwards? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
J ISO 9001 - How to decide if a company needs or will benefit from certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
E What are appropriate deviations for a LHR/DHR? (Medical Device Company) Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
W My company is looking to start a materials testing lab that conforms to ISO17025:2017 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
R ISO 13485 and QMS related concepts Training - Small medical device startup company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
B Is it necessary to conduct product audit of entire product which is manufactured in the company as per IATF IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
T AS9100D - Scope of QMS for New Company - Only Choosing a Function Subset Due to Management AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 14
D Customer and Company Specific Requirements for notification of Customers of a change in Management or Key Personnel Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
K Does company who manufacture but does not design or carry out clinical trials is responsible for CE marking for single use medical devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Who is the Management Representative in my company? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M BCM (Business Continuity) and BPM in a company with an IT System Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 0
S Maintain and repair services company require ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Q The Perfect audit? External Audit causes a significant negative impact in a company General Auditing Discussions 9
V CE Mark under MDD or IVDR - IVD company doing Virtual Manufacturing Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
M Receiver of noise from neighbor company ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
T New role Quality Manager IATF 16949, new company, advise how to get started IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Q IATF rule for single site - Ingots from scrap metal recycling company IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
D Company Moving - Relabelling Question Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Certifying a "virtual" company with zero employees ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
L Audit boundaries - Is a Registrar permitted to audit a company's QMS by visiting their suppliers? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 26
L A Taiwan company want to sell Class I medical device (510(k) exempt) on Amazon, should we register with FDA? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
K Inspection Certificate EN 10204 2.1 - Distribution company Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
C Does the company violates any regulation/standard by selling device without warranty ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
I Document templates required for ISO ISO 45001 - Engineering Construction company Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
J Choosing QMS Software for Aerospace Company Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
Ed Panek Small Medical Device company - Bring production in-house ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1