My train ride with the world's most interesting person...

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I was taking the train recently and had the most "interesting" person sit beside me...please, bear with me and read about this charming creature I emailed a friend of mine about...

From RC's email...

Chick beside me on the train...

1. Can't figure out if 5A is her seat so she shows me her ticket. 5A...yes, I know it's tough to sound out the big words...
  2. Is wearing a short dress and tight black boots...and hasn't shaved in a few days. I can't stop staring at the velcro that covers her legs.
  3. Forgot her credit card and has left her car illegally parked at the XYZ train station. She is now attempting to get someone to help her out. Her car is unlocked. The keys are in her car. She convinced a guy - not her fiance (he said no and right about now is probably trying to find a way out of this commitment) - to go to her car, get her keys, pay for parking until Thursday, put the ticket in her car, lock the car and leave the keys with the VIA clerk.
  4. She forgot to tell this person where she hid the keys in her car.
  5. She arrived with 10 minutes to go before the train arrived.
  6. She forgot to pack toothpaste.
  7. She is meeting a friend at a Toronto hotel and brought - and I quote - an "outdoor bathing suit".
  8. She's getting her urine blessed on Friday. HUH?!?!

If I was her fiance, I would leave town and not give a forwarding address. All of this was learned in the first 10 minutes of her sitting down.

*** About 30 minutes later ***

From RC's email...

Miss Velcro is quite the character. Her skirt is very short and very tight and I presume things are a little uncomfortable 'down there'. Why do I say this? Because she's been squirming for a while - and while every lady has tried this, we all know it won't readjust our underwear. She put her hairy, booted leg on the back of the chair in front of her, braced herself and tried to readjust things by sticking her hand behind her. And, realizing that this wasn't going to work, she just jammed her hand up her skirt and readjusted things...right there! In the seat! With me beside her! :mg:

Yup...you meet the most interesting people on the train...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: My train ride...

It could have been worse - she might have been one of those folks who invited you to "bunk with" her at her destination hotel (a conversation I overheard between two women from two rows away on a plane recently.) The target of that conversation was distinctly uncomfortable for those 15 minutes we were required to keep our seat belts on.

My comment to my wife was that the would-be female Don Juan merely wanted to gross out a seat companion so she could have more room because the target never returned to the seat once the seat belt sign went off.;)

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

That's what I hate about people talking on cell phones (in public). They are totally oblivious to others around them. Last, I was in the waiting at the doctor's and was "treated" to listening to a guy trying to settle a marital dispute. It got so loud and nasty that people actually left the waiting room until an assistant intervened.

Roxane, I go watch the movie: "Strangers on a Train." A great movie by the way...

Stijloor.

When being forced to listen to someone having a very animated, loud conversation on the phone, (generally, taking place while waiting in the gate area in an airport), I've often contemplated going up to the person, interupting them and asking why I wasn't sent an agenda for the meeting I'm attending....!!

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

If you enjoyed that, you need to come visit our local "coffee" house. I think I saw your girl's sister last week.;)

S

somerqc

Randy,

Not even then! Like I used to say "not if I was to wear something that had Goodyear stamped on the side of it!".

Ewww! Couldn't drink enough to make that look attractive.

John

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Manufacturing Safety Wire Training and Certification - Who should train Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
R How to Train Staff for Critical Thinking Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
T Can a Lead Auditor Train other Auditors? Internal Auditing 4
S What Would You Train People to Believe? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 11
T Train the Trainer needed in Michigan Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
J Wanting to Train our Internal Auditors Ourselves Internal Auditing 7
P Which training system or LMS (Learning Management System) to train Auditors? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
BradM The Great Soul Train Conductor Don Cornelius-Dead World News 4
T How to train employees to deal with external auditors? Internal Auditing 13
J Is it possible to train our lab technician to perform balance calibrations? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J Need to Train Management for Management buy-in for the QMS Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
Ajit Basrur China's high-speed train breaks world record World News 4
B Need material to train employees and technician about quality Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
Wes Bucey Worried about your suburban commuter train being hijacked ala Pelham 123? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 11
B Study Material for "Train the Trainer" training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
N Where to train for QA and Process management? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
V How to train a new EMR for ISO 14001? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 16
Anerol C Do I need to train all employees with all the Turtles for each processes? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
I Can MR train Internal Auditors & any Training required for such a 'Trainer'? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
B Internal Audit Training Material to Train Internal Auditors for ISO9001:2000 Internal Auditing 28
S How to Train People who have no ISO 9001:2000 Background (managerial level)? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
L Basic SPC Training to Train Assembly Line Operators on SPC Charting Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
D Quality Inspector Training - The best way to train level one inspectors Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
S Develop and Train Project Management Team in Effective APQP Usage APQP and PPAP 5
Marc French Train Breaks Speed Record of 350 miles per hour World News 4
K Training package to help train operators how to use a measuring devices properly General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
E Job training to procedures and work instructions - Do you have to train to forms? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
J Training related to quality for manufacturing operators - What to train them on? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
Marc Bank of America: Train your replacement, or no severance pay for you World News 14
Crusader Are You On A Runaway Train? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 34
Z Layered Process Audit Training - Need Powerpoint Presentation to train LPA auditors Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
D Gage RR to train operators? QS-9000 Semiconductor Supplement 4.11.4.S Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
E TS 16949 - What are the requirements to train internal auditors Internal Auditing 12
Marc Have you travelled by Train? Lately? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 22
C How do you re-train when Work Instructions Change? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
A Training requirements - Trainers have to be certified to train? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
S New TS Manual Release - Train our people with the errata or the complete new document IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D How can a trainer train for something he is not certified for? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
Q Looking for someone to train auditors in house. Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
K Internal Auditor Training - Who is Allowed to Train Internal Auditors? Internal Auditing 28
P To Train or NOT to Train - When someone writes a Work Instruction or Procedure Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 22
T Internal Auditor training - Qualifications needed to train internal auditors? Internal Auditing 13
A Internal Auditor Training - Who can train other internal auditors in the company? Internal Auditing 17
J Can an ASQ CQA train internal auditors? Internal Auditing 2
Jen Kirley This international consultant thing sure is a ride! Career and Occupation Discussions 13
B RIP - Sally Ride - first American woman in space dead at 61 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Randy Another new, newer ride! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 22
Ron Rompen Permanent Part Identification - Parts produced during system over-ride Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
S Taking over duties from a Quality Manager who left - Taken for a ride? Career and Occupation Discussions 8
Wes Bucey The plumber's ride Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0