"N" Certification - Nuclear - Steel - 10CFR50 Appendix B, 10CFR21 and ANSI N45.2

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
My Sales Manager just left my office. My assignment: find out all I can about receiving "N" certification on steel. I know absolutely nothing about this, can anyone provide any guidance? I'm going to start doing some searches in the meantime, but with the knowledge base in these forums I am hoping someone has been down this road.

Thanks in advance!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jim Biz

Not sure I can Help - but - to clarify for the group...

?? Are you buying steel that needs a certification?

Or are you selling steel & need to provide one?

Regards
Jim

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sorry...duh! I guess sometimes I leave my brain on auto-pilot.

We are a producer. I think that the process is similar to achieving American Bureau of Shipping quality certification but I am not sure if there is anything else involved as far as product testing etc.

Thanks!

L

laurel

Maybe I can help. Our QA Program is compliant with 10CFR50 Appendix B, 10CFR21 and ANSI N45.2. Your QA program must comply with these requirements. Check to see what your customers requirements are. They may vary depending on the NRC licensing agreement with the facility. It's a lot of work and you have to document and control everything. You can get giged on just some minor details that an ISO auditor might let go. The safety of personnel and the public is top priority.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K USB VID/PID certification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
L IATF 16949 certification costs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J How much to charge for helping a startup company with initial ISO 13485 certification? Consultants and Consulting 3
R Medical Device Software Certification IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
R China Quality Certification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
S Requirements to obtain ISO 50001 Certification ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
N Any experience with Registrars that deny Certification to a Registrant? Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
P ISO Class 8 particle count (annual certification vs monitoring) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
T ISO/IEC 17065 certification scheme Help Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
T Help to Suggest name for a new certification and inspection company Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
J Hitrust Certification (HIPPA etc.) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
T Letter to file for Product Certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
P ISO 13485:2016 MDSAP Certification Fee Survey ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
O ANATEL certification of Medical Device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M What happens to certifications if the issuing certification body loses accreditation? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
R Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) prep - Practice test versus actual exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
K Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) Exam - November 2020 preparation Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
B Advantages of a corporate certification scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
N Harmonized Standards for MDR Certification EU Medical Device Regulations 7
M Quality management certification required by Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
hockeyhead Existing process never included in AS9100 scope of certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
R FCC certification (contract manufacturer) TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
M OEM asking for NC report after certification audit. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A 21 CFR part 11 - section 11.100 - Electronic Signature Certification Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
T AMS2570E certification equipment questions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S RA (Regulatory Affairs) certification & Online Internship Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
B Directory of Largest Global Certification Bodies (Accredited) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
M CE self-certification for Class I device (face mask) EU Medical Device Regulations 9
D API 6A Certification Question Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
K Restricted Scope of ISO 13485 Certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
michellemmm What is the Cost of six sigma certification? Six Sigma 5
L "IATF-Compliant" IATF 16949:2016 certification? What does this mean? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
V Iso13485 certification vs CE technical audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Watchcat Duration of MDD Certification EU Medical Device Regulations 4
DuncanGibbons FAA's Building Block approach to certification Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
J Product Service after CE Certification expiration CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
G USAS ISO 9001 Certification, online is it worth it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
W Certification for IATF Lead Auditor will expire in 2020 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Using your Manufacturer's ISO certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Define voltage and frequency to perform tests 61010-1 and 61326-1 for CE certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
Nicole Desouza ISO / AS Certification - Small business with less than 100 employees ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949 News Presentations from the latest IATF Stakeholder Event - Expectation that IATF 16949 certification should equate with product quality. Misguided? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
O ISO 9001 new certification advice request - Develop a QMS from scratch ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
M Informational EU – First IVDR designated Notified Body – DEKRA Certification GmbH Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Software Development Company - Who would own the whole process and the certification afterwards? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
J ISO 9001 - How to decide if a company needs or will benefit from certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
D MDD Certification Validity after May 2020 EU Medical Device Regulations 12