NADCAP AC 7004 Rev. D, Effective 9/11/2006 - Checklist has been revised

A

andygr

But I was told that ASXX is not enough for NADCAP
Not true
From NOP-002(Nadcap opperating procedure)
3.4 Nadcap recognizes AS9003, AS/EN/JISQ 9100 and AS/EN 9110 quality system approvals, and other equivalent translations as recognized by IAQG, performed and certified by registrars that are approved and listed in the IAQG Oasis database. (www.iaqg.org/oasis).
In addition, Nadcap recognizes ISO/IEC 17025 for testing laboratories, including nondestructive testing laboratories. The ISO/IEC 17025 scope of accreditation must cover the Nadcap scope of accreditation and be from an approved NACLA / ILAC accreditation body. Suppliers scheduling an initial Nadcap audit shall provide PRI a recognized quality system certification prior to the audit or an AC7004 assessment audit shall be scheduled (or quality system as defined by the applicable Task Group – see note below).

S

Sorin

Just to clarify some things in plain english:

Preparation for Nadcap

1.Quality system

You do not need to prepare AC7004 IF you are AS9100 certified by one of the recognized registrars. List of them here (must create account):
https://www.sae.org/?PORTAL_CODE=IAQG
If your registrar is there (and you are AS9100 certified by them) then you do not need AC7004 certification.

2.HT
It seems NADCAP recognizes AS (from SAE).
BUT, I have no idea what that imply (will they certify you automatically or still need to pass the audit).
Best thing will be to call them and ask.

B

Bobh@pte

I agree with Sorin, call and ask, doesn't cost anything. I think an AS cert will qualify you.

M

mutton4u

for Nadcap accreditation - you need a valid quality system as stated in NOP-002. You will also need to pass the special process audit (ex. HT - 7102 and slashsheets as they apply to your business).

The valid quality system will be looked at at the time of scheduling of the audit. If you have a valid AS9100 from a registrar listed on the OASIS website, that covers the quality system requirement. IF you do not have a valid quality system at the time of your special process audit, then you will receive (and pay for) an AC7004 audit. This will cover the quality system requirement.

Call the Nadcap scheduling dept for more information. They will help answer any of your questions. There is one in the US, UK, Japan, & China. Check the PRI website for contact info.

AC (audit criteria) is the checklist that is used by the auditor to conduct all the audits. It should also be used by yourself to prepare for the audit. Those can be found the eauditnet website.

H

hackyue

IF you do not have a valid quality system at the time of your special process audit, then you will receive (and pay for) an AC7004 audit. This will cover the quality system requirement..

I think i have got the answer.Our special process was set up after AS9100 registered by TUV auditor.SO now we have to pay for AC7004 .

Another problem is whether we need to pay for two audit ,ASXX and ACXX, annually after we get AC7004 register?

Thanks.:thanx:

M

mutton4u

If you have a current AS9100 prior to the special process audit, you can cancel the AC7004 audit. You don't have to have both. You must maintain a valid quality system while you hold Nadcap accreditation. You will need to submit a copy of your current AS certification to scheduling when you cancel your AC7004 audit.

the AC7004 accreditation is a 3 year period. It will be audited with your special process audit as scheduling of the special process when coincides with the due dates (anywhere from 2yrs to 2.5 yrs).

Best to contact Nadcap scheduling with any questions. All contact info is on eAuditNet.

KIDDO

Involved In Discussions
Would anybody have an AC 7004 quality manual that they wish to share? I've been "give the task" of writing one for our welding processes and am not sure where to start.

Thanks!
KIDDO

M

mutton4u

You can get a copy of the checkllist from www.eauditnet.com, which houses all the Nadcap checklists, by special process. It is free, but you must register on the website to gain access.

The AQS group of Nadcap is also revising the AC7004 checklist. A draft copy of it can be found in the February 2010 Nadcap meeting minutes which can be found on the PRI website. Those are also free and open to the publilc.

Top Bottom