NADCAP AC 7108 - Subcontractor Laboratory Certification

O

omartinez

There is a requirement in NADCAP Check list audit AC7108 for sub contractors that carrying out analysis and testing in support of processes.

1.2 Companies carrying out analysis and testing in support of processes to AC7108 must be accredited to AC7108 for the scope of analysis and testing carried out. Should a processor use a sub-contract laboratory for some or all of the analysis and testing in support of their AC7108 accreditation as of (1 year issue of AC7108 Rev C) that subcontract laboratory must be Nadcap accredited for AC 7101 (MTL), accredited by a registration body recognized by MTL, accredited by CP to AC7108/4 or AC7108 for the scope of analysis and testing performed, or approved by Prime customer(s) for laboratory analysis (see AC7108 para 3.5.2)..

Are all solution analysis and process control testing sources approved in
accordance with an internal supplier procedure meeting all contractual
requirements ?
? Compliance Assessment Guidance: NA applies if no subcontract analysis
or testing is done.
? For jobs audited, outside laboratory testing is performed by a laboratory
that is approved to prime customer requirements. If no prime requirement
then one of the following must be met:

a) Any Prime customer laboratory approval (scope does not need to
match).
b) MTL accreditation or any MTL recognized approval (scope does not
need to match).
c) AC 7108/4 or AC 7108 accreditation (scope does need to match).

Im using a sub conttactor for Water analysis. Chloride determination in natural water and treated wastewater , Determination of electrolytic , Determination of metals by atomic absorption in natural

My lab is ISO IEC 17025 certified and ema ( mexican acreditation bodie certifies ) My question is , with certificaction , do I am meeting the Nadcap requirement AC 7108 ?

Thank you for yur help amigos

C

Charlie947

Hello Omartinez. This is actually my first post here on the cove so Hello Everyone.
I'm not an expert on Nadcap but I do have quite some experience with their type of audits. Could you clarify a few things to see if maybe I can help.
Is the Laboratory you are referring to used only for the analysis of the waste treatment water?
Is the water you are treating be re-use in the chemical process lines or will it be disposed?

O

omartinez

Thanks for your help Charlie947

Yes the test is for waste treatment water.
And the water will be disposed.

Im still concert if with ISO IEC 17025 I meet this requirement.
"subcontract laboratory must be Nadcap accredited for AC 7101 (MTL), accredited by a registration body recognized by MTL, accredited by CP to AC7108/4 or AC7108 for the scope of analysis and testing performed "

Thank you

C

Charlie947

Omartinez, thank you for the information.
The reason I asked you about the usage/purpose of the water is because AC7108 Para. 1.2 & 3.5.2 is referring to laboratories that are used to analyze the solutions of the actual process and not waste water. I'm not sure which processes do you have but as an example if you have copper plating or cadmium plating and you send out samples of these solutions to analyzed the concentration, then the requirements of AC7108 applies but not if the only use of the laboratory is to analyze waste water. In any case though, ISO 17025 is a recognized standard and is acceptable as a registration body, which does meet the requirements of the AC7108. If you need more help or have any other question, I'll be happy to help. By the way, I also speak Spanish.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
omartinez, in general I agree with Charlie947, in that since your lab is EMA accredited, you likely meet the requirements. However, NADCAP requirements may be their own doing, so a point-to-point comparison may be necessary for them.

One other point. EMA is an ILAC Signatory accrediting body (AB), where NADCAP is a 2nd party auditor. It is an important distinction. NADCAP "accreditation" is not recognized by anyone but themselves and Boeing so far as I know. No ILAC AB on the planet accepts their recognition (which in truth is the correct term for their "accreditation") as equivalent to their own. However, EMA will so accept accreditation from an ILAC AB as equivalent just as other ILAC ABs accept EMA.

O

omartinez

Guys thank you so much Charlie947 , Hershal
I really appreciate your help ! just want to make sure EMA and ISO 17025 are good for Nadcap.....
Thank you

Top Bottom