NADCAP approval for Conventional Machining and Chemical processes - need assistance

In my company we currently have ISO 9001 Certificate and we would like to get NADCAP approval for Conventional Machining, Hydraulic Pipes, Alodine, Copper Platting and Passivation. I am really new at this and I don't know where to start from as this was all left to me. Can anyone guide me through this? Where I can find the documents with the requirements for each process and is AC7004 certification mandatory? Thank you in advance!

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm not an expert on NADCAP, but from what I know, you will be audited to AC7004 which has more requirements for documentation than ISO9001. You should start looking here Nadcap

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They call the checklists "Audit Criteria" now - and yes, they are the requirements and checklists all in one.

Nadcap recognizes AS9100 and AS9110 registrations and ISO/IEC17025 accreditation; if the company doesn't have a recognized QMS approval, then they will need to be approved to Nadcap's AC7004 or AC7006 or AC7101 in addition to the specific audit criteria for the processes they want approved.

Top Bottom