NADCAP Audit - No work in house - How does a NADCAP auditor audit the process?

D

dbzman

Hello everyone!

I am hoping that someone can help me with a NADCAP question.

We are looking at (possible) certification in the future. The heat treating facility that I work for is going after some aluminum work but they do not have it yet. They want NADCAP so that they can get the work.

If we do not have any work in house how does a NADCAP auditor audit the process?

Thanks!

:bonk:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

alspread

Re: NADCAP Audit

Excellent question!!!

It's a chicken and the egg situation. If you're not heat treating, the auditor has nothing to audit. If your not approved, you can heat treat.

In the past, I have received a temporary exclusion from my customer to permit processing pending Nadcap approval. My customer performed their own process audit and wanted to see all of my procedures and a purchase order to PRI for Nadcap auditing and an audit scheduled before they authorized processing.

The customer wanted some assurance that we were doing the process correctly on their parts and that we were committed to pusuing Nadcap process approval.

The product produced prior to approval was either controlled pending approval or permitted to continue with an exclusion or signature/serial number release.

I've also seen the pending product submitted as nonconforming/noncompliant and dispositioned using the nonconformance reporting system.

Work closely with your customer PQE.

Good luck.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
If we do not have any work in house how does a NADCAP auditor audit the process?
They won't, as far as I know. If you don't have a system/process to be assessed, you can't be accredited by Nadcap. But you should contact them for clarification.

P

Phiobi

Have you ever produced aluminium parts to NADCAP controls for this customer? If so they could do a historic check.

Due to ITAR it is possible to pass an audit without a primes work being processed, this happens with me all of the time.

Do you have any work for primes to show? Or is this the only aerospace customer you will have?

Before the audit you should speak to the staff engineer or the assigned auditor to confirm how they want to play it.

D

dbzman

We have other customers that are Aerospace but have not required NADCAP. We have been able to process there work without it. They usually audit us and give their approval. This would be the first time that we have tried for NADCAP.

It almost seems like putting the cart before the horse. How to audit before you get the work in.

Thanks!

:D

M

mutton4u

Go to the PRI website and find one of the Staff Engineers for Heat Treating. Call and ask them how the Nadcap process works. Best to hear it from the people that are involved in the process. No need to contact the auditor at this time.
As far as not having any work in house, you can work with your possible Customer to get some "scrap" parts to see if you can control your processes as required.

W

world quality

if it is still here under supplier quality, I posted from Automotive side CQI-9 II
on Heat treating and what you have to comply with.

If it isn;t still there please email me and I will send it to you at your email or company. I Train personnel on CQI-8,9,10,11,12.

G

Gakitygak

I was granted a one year permit for providing a plan to become Nadcap certified. At the expiration of the permit, we will have to have our audit scheduled. The prime was eager to work with me and had no problem offering a permit, as long as accreditation was actively being pursued.

S

speck

Just in case someone else needs an answer to this question directly, we were accredited to NADCAP heat treat with AC7101/4 AC71001/5, AC7102and AC7102/3 and only had one aerospace 3rd tier part in house at registration audit and only 4 in house aerospace parts at our first re-up audit. Call the staff engineer ASAP or at the time of audit scheduling and explain your situation. You then must provide "Dummy" loads to prove whatever processes you will be accredited to. They are not there to audit the pieces of steal and don't really care where they go, they are there to audit the processes you are claiming to be compliant with. How non conformances on their end are handled differently depending on whether they are aerospace parts or commercial parts. We have several very high volume parts that we run daily and I set up all controls to use these parts for NADCAP audits because they are always here. They are not aerospace in any way shape or form. Explain this BEFORE the auditor walks in the door and you should not have any problems using the required 10 job audits. (As I sit and wait for our aerospace department business to pick up dramatically to offset the enormous cost of accreditation!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J NCR- Failure of contract review process - NADCAP audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
H NADCAP Audit Nonconformances - Vacuum Furnace Load Sensors AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A Where can I find the NADCAP Audit Criteria for all the processes? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
E Nadcap Major Audit Finding Question - Effectiveness of our RCCA AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
E Nadcap - Tooling Control - Major Audit Finding (Question) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
JoCam NADCAP Initial Audit Cancellation AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
JoCam Nadcap AC7120 (Audit Criteria for Circuit Card Assemblies) - Acceptance Criteria AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Z Root Cause Failure Analysis for NADCAP AMS2750D Audit Finding help wanted AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Nadcap audit May 18 - May 21 - NDT: PT/XRay and Chemical Processing AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
G Combining AS9100, ISO 9001, & PRI (NADCAP) into 1 Internal Audit Internal Auditing 8
R AC7101/11 Nadcap Audit Criteria for Materials Test Laboratories ? Fastener Testing Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
J PRI - NADCAP Certification requirement - AS9100 audit first before NADCAP audit? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
S Wish me luck - whole week Nadcap audit... AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
A Nadcap After the Audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
R NADCAP AC7108 and Supplements - Audit Observation Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 8
C NADCAP Audit Finding on TAM panel - Baseline Photograph Issue - Help! AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
J NADCAP Root Cause - Misinterpretation of Checklist Requirement Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
B NADCAP Rejection Response to Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action. Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
N Nadcap AC7101/2 Rev. E Section 3.2 - Nonconformance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
blackholequasar Looking into Nadcap for the first time AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
A Nadcap Accreditation Fee AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M NADCAP mentoring program AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
S NADCAP approval for Conventional Machining and Chemical processes - need assistance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
DuncanGibbons How does AS 9100D correlate or differ from NADCAP accreditation? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
B AS9100 - Are special process suppliers required to be NADCAP accredited? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 15
N Responding to NADCAP nonconformance - Control of External Documents AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Q NADCAP NDT (specifically RT) - Calibration of eye loupe reticle & optical comparator AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
J NADCAP - Supplier Special Processes Certifications Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Q NADCAP NDT (specifically RT) - Checklist AC7114 Rev. K, section 8.1.3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
M NADCAP Chemical Processing: Question about testing sub-contractor requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
S Nadcap HT Auditor Advisory 17-003 Advice needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
S Double Thermocouple - Two types, same sheath (AMS2750/Nadcap) Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
I NADCAP In Manufacturing Facility with Small Laboratory - Measurement & Inspection AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
R NADCAP AC7108 - Tank Ambient Room Temperature Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A Is it required to have first AS9100 before obtaining Nadcap? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
A Future as an AS9100/NADCAP Auditor AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
O NADCAP AC 7108 - Subcontractor Laboratory Certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
J Zinc Plating Process NADCAP Certification Guidance please AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D Nadcap Certification for Soldering Iron? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D Nadcap Certification for Printed Boards Assemblies AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
J Nadcap Processor PO (Purchase Order) Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
S Implementing TS16949 from AS9100 and NADCAP Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
T Nadcap AC7004 - Going for AS9100? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
N Basic requirements and steps involved to get NADCAP Certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
O NADCAP Nonconformance for Timer not used for Time period AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Kronos147 Nadcap AC7112 & AC7112/3 requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
M Does 17025/NADCAP allow deferring Calibration Start Dates on Gages which are Stored? ISO 17025 related Discussions 10
S AS9100 and Nadcap vs. NAS412 (FOD program) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
K Nadcap (AC7107/7 C, paragraph 6.1.b) NCR - Machining Tensile Specimens AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
P NADCAP Certified - Heat Treat Continuous Belt Driven Oven question AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3