NCR and Cost Collection - Capturing nonconformances in the field

M

munkee

Hi all,

I want to improve our process of capturing nonconformances out in the field.

Our system currently is pretty much non existant as the guys out on site, if they encounter a nonconformance just work 2x harder to get the job done in the time they have. A lot of nonconformances therefore are never realised by the office based teams.

As I said I want to move us away from this. The sites have very poor internet connections and sometimes none at all, so any electronic handling can not be used (as I have done with our office/factories.)

I have decided to use the good old nonconformance paper based report form. However, I am a bit stuck..

I know the basic set up of a form should outline as follows:

About the reporter
About the nonconformance
Immediate action taken
Investigation
Disposition
Any corrective actions
Verification/Closure

Within the office, you follow a similar system electronically however costs are collected along the way by whoever the nonconformance has been assigned to.

Because communication between ourselves is slow and often delayed I do not want the site teams to be waiting to have forms sent and decisions made before they can begin correcting issues (most of all they will just not bother reporting again). Therefore I would like the site team to decide on the actions to take, the dispositions and also o collect any costs they realise along the way.

This way when they mail the completed reports to the head office these can simply be entered on to the system as a completed nonconformance report, with its associated costs and corrections if required. (This data is then ready to be analysed so preventative actions can be made to reduce likelihood in the future)

I am just unsure how you would incorporate a cost element in to a nonconformance report, has anyone seen examples of this? I know technically I am going about this the wrong way but I feel at present it is better to get something back instead of ignoring they are happening at all.

M

munkee

I have tried to break down the way the form will be set out via sections to produce the following:

• IDENTIFICATION
    • Name
    • Date
    • Date Occurred
    • Department
  • ABOUT THE NONCONFORMANCE
    • Location of nonconformance
    • Reference numbers
    • Describe the nonconformance
    • Proposed department responsible
  • IMMEDIATE ACTION TAKEN
    • Description of immediate action taken
  • DISPOSITION
    • Reason for disposition
    • Date of decision
    • Use as is / corrective action required
  • CORRECTIVE ACTIONS
    • Corrective action
    • Person responsible
    • Due date
  • COST COLLECTION
    • Category
    • Cost (£’s)
    • Estimated/Actual
I very much welcome critique and any input you have.

Added an attempt of the form as an attachment. (Cost categories will be placed on a seperate sheet which ties in with our electronic database structure)

Attachments

• NCR2.doc
    42.5 KB · Views: 551
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom