NCR (Nonconformance System) Software

Howdy everyone, first-time poster here:

I'm looking for a software to help speed up my shop's non-conformance handling process. I've been looking around and it seems like 1factory has a good product and reviews, but I'm wondering if anyone on here has experience with them. I've been on a free trial account and it seems straightforward enough.

What have y'all looked for when implementing this type of system and how have you been sure of it before signing up?

I've noticed most of these softwares have a lot more uses than just NCR. I originally only had non-conformances in mind, but what else can I hope for my quality system to cover? Looks like FAI, inpsection reports, gage tracking, PPAP, etc. are generally included... at least in the 1factory option.

Thanks and Stay safe

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Howdy and welcome,

My experience with software support is that the software company only makes money (therefore only offers) full package deals...not just NCR, but all the rest that you list.
  • In one light, it gives you a lot of support you might also need.
  • In another, you can adopt it quickly.
  • In another, you pay for a lot more stuff than you actually want.
  • In a fourth, each piece that you adopt, you are forced to do it "their way" regardless of how well or poorly it fits your business.
Fit is typically no big deal for NCR, but it might be a much harder way for things like PPAP or Gage track/cal if you are in a very specialty business.

We ended up writing our own software (database) piece by piece so it fit our business much better.
It was cheaper, and a much better fit...but it took us ~10yrs to build out the full system.
FWIW, it was also much easier to support and tweak over time since we had built it ourselves in the first place.

Consider how it fits what you do...if it's a good fit and reasonably priced, go prepackaged. Pay a lot of attention to ongoing fees...

Thanks Ninja!

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I don't know if we want to sink all that time into making our own system, so we'll probably just try one of these guys out for now. Things are a little slow now anyway, so a good time to try out some new things

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
FWIW...we made ours using Filemaker Pro (not a database, but a rapid deployment database platform).
That, together with a Filemaker developer will cost a bit more than we did...but will be faster and still customized for your business...and expandable later.

You can "do it yourself" without "doing it yourself"...if you know what I mean.
Consider all options before joining the herd...including considering that sometimes being part of the herd is the best choice...

mmasiddiqui

Involved In Discussions
Howdy everyone, first-time poster here:

I'm looking for a software to help speed up my shop's non-conformance handling process. I've been looking around and it seems like 1factory has a good product and reviews, but I'm wondering if anyone on here has experience with them. I've been on a free trial account and it seems straightforward enough.

What have y'all looked for when implementing this type of system and how have you been sure of it before signing up?

I've noticed most of these softwares have a lot more uses than just NCR. I originally only had non-conformances in mind, but what else can I hope for my quality system to cover? Looks like FAI, inpsection reports, gage tracking, PPAP, etc. are generally included... at least in the 1factory option.

Thanks and Stay safe
I am curious to know the tier of your business wrt OEM or Final Assembly.
You mentioned about handling process...Is it the process to create RCA and Develop PPAP or a location to manage the progress and submission of documents?

We're OEM. We decided to go with 1factory, seems great so far but it's pretty early still! I'll keep y'all updated if anything changes.

kalehner

Involved - Posts
Advertiser
We have been using CorrectTrack (www.correcttrack.com) for over a decade with our internal audit clients. We have now made it available for use by others looking for a corrective action tracking solution. It is a database with a workflow that uses approval gates. Its origin is in open source bug tracking software and we have configured it for tracking audit nonconformances and other issues. Try it for free. Let us know what you think.

EDIT NOTE: Mr. Lehner is the Correct Track developer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W NCR (Nonconformance Report System) Home Made Database or Software Recommendation Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 7
Q When to write up a nonconformance and require a NCR - We produce labels ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
K NCR or CA? We're taking any issue we have and saying its a nonconformance Nonconformance and Corrective Action 11
R How do you perform verification of a NCR (Nonconformance)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Q ECR (Engineering Change Request) or NCR (Nonconformance Report) in Fabrication? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
W Process Effectiveness NCR's (Nonconformance Reports) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Is an 8D Report and a NCR (Nonconformance Report) the same? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
N NCR (Nonconformance Report) Combined with Corrective Action Report? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
B Format for Discrepant Material Report (DMR) - Nonconformance Report (NCR) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
C NCR (Nonconformance Report) Root Cause - Cause Code AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
D AS9101D Clause 4.2.2.5 NCR (Nonconformance Report) Requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 23
K NCR (Nonconformance Report) - Basic questions - When should an NCR be filled out? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
G NCR (nonconformance report) tracking and database help Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
E NCR (Nonconformance Report) for device defects - Hot rolled coils Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
L Audit Nonconformance - NCR because we exclude Design and Development ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T NCR (Nonconformance Report) vs. MRB (Material Review Board) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 27
J Is the NCR (Nonconformance Report) Confidential? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 27
T Tracking NCR's (Nonconformance Reports) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
W List of NCR (NonConformance Report) Defect Cause & Corrective Action Codes Nonconformance and Corrective Action 18
H NCR (Nonconformance Report) - External customer - Seeking Advice Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
A Issuing Countermeasure Report - Does every nonconformance identified require an NCR? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
L How to write a proper defect description in a NCR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
B How to reply NCR on ineffectiveness of corrective action during IATF external audit? This is repeated issue whereby some mistake was done. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
M Issuing NCR for improper method statement submissions Internal Auditing 10
A Scrap is NCR or not - What regulation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 33
Q Interaction of Processes IOP NCR Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
W Surveillance report along side an NCR program Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
A NCR, NCMR, CAPA, Deviations - Medical Device Distributor Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
D Can an AS9100 auditor issue an NCR a month after the audit? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
K AS9100 - No NCR's or CA's during Stage 2 Audit AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
W IATF 16949 Clause 6.1.1 - My first Major NCR (Management Review) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 57
S Re-validation NCR - In which cases re-validation of processes is required Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 6
Pancho United Airlines NCR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 43
Q Practical Way to raise NCR's in an Assembly Workshop ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
W NCR Performance KPI Monitoring in an Industry like Construction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
A ISO/TS 16949 - Sharing Certification Audit Report (NCR's) with the Customer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
N Any comment, if a supplier raise an NCR to the Client? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
W Auditor Remorse for not issuing an NCR AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
Q Criteria for not rising NCR's in 8.3 of ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
I NCR for Customer not updating their drawings AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 14
N New to ISO 9001 - NCR for every defect? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
B Combining a CAR, an NCR, and an Accident Report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
K Validity of Using NCR's to evaluate Performance Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
P Differences between an NCR and CAR Internal Auditing 9
N NCR and CAPA in the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) Industry Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
T Do Customer Returns = NCR and CAR? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
K Nadcap (AC7107/7 C, paragraph 6.1.b) NCR - Machining Tensile Specimens AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
L How to track the NCR (Quality Notification, Services Notification) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
F AS9100 Management Review NCR help - Output of the MR is not Adequate AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
Q NCR before the Product is delivered to the Customer? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13