NCR (Nonconformance System) Software

CNC123

Registered
Howdy everyone, first-time poster here:

I'm looking for a software to help speed up my shop's non-conformance handling process. I've been looking around and it seems like 1factory has a good product and reviews, but I'm wondering if anyone on here has experience with them. I've been on a free trial account and it seems straightforward enough.

What have y'all looked for when implementing this type of system and how have you been sure of it before signing up?

I've noticed most of these softwares have a lot more uses than just NCR. I originally only had non-conformances in mind, but what else can I hope for my quality system to cover? Looks like FAI, inpsection reports, gage tracking, PPAP, etc. are generally included... at least in the 1factory option.

Thanks and Stay safe

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Howdy and welcome,

My experience with software support is that the software company only makes money (therefore only offers) full package deals...not just NCR, but all the rest that you list.
  • In one light, it gives you a lot of support you might also need.
  • In another, you can adopt it quickly.
  • In another, you pay for a lot more stuff than you actually want.
  • In a fourth, each piece that you adopt, you are forced to do it "their way" regardless of how well or poorly it fits your business.
Fit is typically no big deal for NCR, but it might be a much harder way for things like PPAP or Gage track/cal if you are in a very specialty business.

We ended up writing our own software (database) piece by piece so it fit our business much better.
It was cheaper, and a much better fit...but it took us ~10yrs to build out the full system.
FWIW, it was also much easier to support and tweak over time since we had built it ourselves in the first place.

Consider how it fits what you do...if it's a good fit and reasonably priced, go prepackaged. Pay a lot of attention to ongoing fees...

CNC123

Registered
Thanks Ninja!

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I don't know if we want to sink all that time into making our own system, so we'll probably just try one of these guys out for now. Things are a little slow now anyway, so a good time to try out some new things

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
FWIW...we made ours using Filemaker Pro (not a database, but a rapid deployment database platform).
That, together with a Filemaker developer will cost a bit more than we did...but will be faster and still customized for your business...and expandable later.

You can "do it yourself" without "doing it yourself"...if you know what I mean.
Consider all options before joining the herd...including considering that sometimes being part of the herd is the best choice...

mmasiddiqui

Involved In Discussions
Howdy everyone, first-time poster here:

I'm looking for a software to help speed up my shop's non-conformance handling process. I've been looking around and it seems like 1factory has a good product and reviews, but I'm wondering if anyone on here has experience with them. I've been on a free trial account and it seems straightforward enough.

What have y'all looked for when implementing this type of system and how have you been sure of it before signing up?

I've noticed most of these softwares have a lot more uses than just NCR. I originally only had non-conformances in mind, but what else can I hope for my quality system to cover? Looks like FAI, inpsection reports, gage tracking, PPAP, etc. are generally included... at least in the 1factory option.

Thanks and Stay safe
I am curious to know the tier of your business wrt OEM or Final Assembly.
You mentioned about handling process...Is it the process to create RCA and Develop PPAP or a location to manage the progress and submission of documents?

CNC123

Registered
We're OEM. We decided to go with 1factory, seems great so far but it's pretty early still! I'll keep y'all updated if anything changes.

kalehner

Involved - Posts
We have been using CorrectTrack (www.correcttrack.com) for over a decade with our internal audit clients. We have now made it available for use by others looking for a corrective action tracking solution. It is a database with a workflow that uses approval gates. Its origin is in open source bug tracking software and we have configured it for tracking audit nonconformances and other issues. Try it for free. Let us know what you think.

EDIT NOTE: Mr. Lehner is the Correct Track developer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom