NCSLI this upcoming week! Who will be there? July 2010

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Duke Okes

Not this year, I'm afraid. It was great in San Antonio last year. Where is it next year?
August 21 - 25, 2011
50 Years: Reflecting On The Past - Looking To The Future
Gaylord National Convention Center, National Harbor, MD

July 29 - August 2, 2012
Sacramento Convention Center, Sacramento, CA

July 14 - 18, 2013
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

August 3 - 7, 2014
Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin

July 19 - 23, 2015
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Duke, is that the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine? That is an awesome place.

I would love to see you guys. We'll eat good, trust me.:agree1::yes::tg:

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Wow! What a great conference. Honestly, it exceeded my expectations.

First, I got to meet Hershal. What a nice man. He is as classy in person as he is here at the Cove.

Honestly, I typically don't get excited about vendors. :tg: But, I learned something this week. Some of that has to do with the time on my hands. It was nice to get to visit with some of the vendors I use, see the new toys coming out by Fluke and such, etc. Very productive. I was able to solve two process issues we did not have answers before.

The sessions were very helpful. There were some excellent sessions on building uncertainty budgets. Too (a very popular topic here) was developing different performance metrics, going paperless, and a variety of subjects.

One paper of interest was where a gentlemen reviewed Accreditation scopes for comparators. It was striking the difference variance he noted in the different components listed, standards, etc. Just something for the industry to think about. We still have some distance to go in harmonizing our processes.

But...:D, one word came to mind: Toastmasters. :tg: Don't read the slides, respect the time frames, trim down the info on the slides, and for goodness sakes, have good posture and try to face your audience.:D

I think the metrology world is fortunate to have a society like NCSL. Well worth the time and effort.:agree1:

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
At the conference in San Antonio last year, I was fortunate enough to meet and spend some time chatting with Hershal.

BRADM - I know you are up in Dallas area, maybe one of these days we can be at a regional NCSL meeting. Last one my manager and I "attended", we found out when we arrived that they had cancelled it (oh well).

It was nice to meet Hershal last year. I'll be interested to hear about some of the seminars. I'll have to read the agenda and see what interesting topics are happening this time.

My company has been dropping me hints to do a paper one year (maybe for next year?). I've done some original research on noble metal thermocouples with some fascinating results. Maybe good enough stuff to do a paper on.

Rhode Island is my old stomping grounds (I'm from Vermont, and some ancestors were in Rhode Island), and I was there in the Navy for a little while.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hershal NCSLI this upcoming week! Who will be there?-2009 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
Hershal NCSLI Report - Invitation to provide more information General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Hershal NCSLI conference - San Antonio, TX, 27-31 July. General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Hershal For those who couldn't get to NCSLI..... General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Hershal Anyone going to NCSLI August 6-10 in Nashville? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J Ignoring a Failed Gage R&R and upcoming external audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
John Broomfield Informational Upcoming vote on the kilogram - November 2018 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
Marc 9 September 2018 - Upcoming User Group Changes Forum News and General Information 1
K No Internal Audits For Upcoming IATF Trans Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Brizilla Knowledge of the upcoming ISO 17025 Revision ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
S Pre-release version of the upcoming AIAG FMEA Revision 5 FMEA and Control Plans 1
Marc Upcoming MacOS - Sierra - 2016 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
E Upcoming changes for ISO 10993 and IEC 60601 in South Korea Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
O Upcoming IEC/ISO standard on "Distributed alarm systems" (80001-2-5) Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 6
Sidney Vianna ISO 17023 - Upcoming Standard for Determining Audit Time by CB's Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
Q Upcoming ISO13485 Audit from the parent NB (Notified Body) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
G Need help in an upcoming ISO 13485 Audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
T Current and upcoming events (coffee break topic) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
S Outdated Document Control Procedure & Upcoming Audit Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
Miner Upcoming article - Within-part variation when performing an R&R Imported Legacy Blogs 6
Q Upcoming FAA Audit - What to expect (subtier for a Repair station)? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 5
J Advice for Upcoming Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
D Upcoming FDA ISO 13485 audit guidance (draft version) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 19
RoxaneB How to Handle Emotional Bias during Upcoming Audit? Internal Auditing 12
G "Inspection Culture " to "Quality Assurance Culture" - Upcoming Job Interview Career and Occupation Discussions 15
B Upcoming Changes to RABQSA Lead Auditor Certifications Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
K Employee Training For Upcoming ISO 9001 Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
G Need Advise on upcoming ISO 9001:2000 Surveillance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
CarolX Upcoming Article in "Quality" on gage management General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
C Need Direction on Process Flowchart for our upcoming ISO 9001:2001 audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
A Calculator for ASQ Exams - I can't use my TI-86 calculator for upcoming ASQ exams! Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
N What will change in the upcoming update of ISO 14001? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
D Scope of Facility - Our auditor asked us last week for our "Scope of the Facility" AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 12
Q Audit 1 week away and no agenda from auditor yet IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
Marc A Four Day Work Week - Reuters - Dec 2018 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
S Design changes a week after regulatory submission 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
B Interview Presentation for Quality Engineer Role Next Week! Career and Occupation Discussions 21
E Irritation test - Dermal Filler - 52-week implantation study EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Marc Adventures in Design Quality Assurance - Two-week-old Pixel 2 XL displays World News 0
W DCMA and AS9100C - Dedicating a week and 5 auditors to perform a AS9100C audit AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
B Anyone Attending OTC next week in Houston? (Offshore Technology Confernce) Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 0
Hershal This week in the High Desert Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
R Two Week Notice Backlash Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
Mikishots What a week - 15 November 2013 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Claes Gefvenberg IMS (Integrated Management System) Audited for a week... Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 10
B The Case for a 25-Hour Work Week Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Q Last work week due to immigration process, I'm feeling overwhelmed. Immigration and Expatriate Topics 7
P Suggestions for Europe in a Week - By Car Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 4
chris1price The final version of the RoHS2 recast was published last week as 2011/65/EU RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 8
S World Quality Week - PRI Articles AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0