NDT Process sequence

Hi Gentlemen..

I have a question regrading process sequence.
Most of the time I seen NDT calls after dimension inspection, But hear we may miss our identification tractability of parts.
Because in NDT we put parts in tray without tag.So it gets mixed up with each other.
So my question is, Can't we change sequence of operation like NDT & then dimension inspection.

Excepting your thoughts...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
I can't think of a reason not to do this, except traceability is lost either way if tags must be removed before NDT.

Is it possible to label a container holding the parts to be tested? How small are they?

They are less than dia. 50mm, But I just asked my customer and they refused saying there is possibility of getting cracked in an inspection process,They are saying if someone dropped part then it will go directly to customer if we don't put NDT after inspection.
But I am not satisfied with their answer

Jen Kirley

Staff member
Admin
What is the material? Strange to worry about a crack from being dropped. Of course, one solution is to stage the inspection area so as to not drop them.

What is the quantity per lot? Are the pieces individually identifiable with a tag per each?

What type of NDT is done?

Jen Kirley

Staff member
Admin
What is the quantity per lot? Are the pieces individually identifiable with a tag per each?

What is the material? Strange to worry about a crack from being dropped. Of course, one solution is to stage the inspection area so as to not drop them.

BS130 NDT-FPI batch size is about 10-20 nos at a time.
We put tag for individual but its not requirement from customer.

Jen Kirley

Staff member
Admin
I suppose it is a wet form of NDT, maybe submersed ultrasonic or else dye penetrant.

In either case, the label is affected. I don't see the difference of NDT before or after inspection. I can imagine that cost is a concern, if a part fails inspection then performing NDT on it seems a waste.

I suppose it is a wet form of NDT, maybe submersed ultrasonic or else dye penetrant.

In either case, the label is affected. I don't see the difference of NDT before or after inspection. I can imagine that cost is a concern, if a part fails inspection then performing NDT on it seems a waste.
Even I feel the same but I just have discuss more with customer.
Thanks for your valuable time..Have great day

Jen Kirley

Staff member
Admin
Agree, time to discuss more with the customer. The customer can of course insist on certain process controls and inspections. As the manufacturer you can negotiate, agree to their demands or decide not to sell to them. If the customer's demands are extraordinary, the price might reflect that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Special Process Checklists for Plating, Phosphate Coating, Welding and NDT AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
Roberticus Reinstatement of Revoked Certification for NDT per NAS 410 8.4 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
J NADCAP NDT (specifically RT) - Calibration of eye loupe reticle & optical comparator AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
J NADCAP NDT (specifically RT) - Checklist AC7114 Rev. K, section 8.1.3 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
S About NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) and ISO 17020 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
V Ultrasonic NDT on CNC Product made of Stainless Steel General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
N Database for monitoring NDT Personnel Software Quality Assurance 4
S Viability of Q1 9th edition system for an NDT company Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
L VT (Visual Testing) NDT Training Certification Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
K Seeking NDT Training and Certifications Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
W X-ray based NDT Test Equip. Mfger. seeking CE Mark - Must X-Ray Source be included? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
C Prices for NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) Inspection for a Boeing 737-400 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
S MSA for Devices with NDT Technology such as a Thicknessmeter Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
L Outsourcing Special Processes such as Plating, Painting, NDT as related to AS9100 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 13
B NDT (Dye Penetrant Test) Requirement for Frame 5 Fuel Nozzle AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
M Scope Clarification for company providing NDT service ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Nadcap audit May 18 - May 21 - NDT: PT/XRay and Chemical Processing AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
D Production Environment Procedures (NDT type sample testing and traceability) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
R NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) - How I can get at least Level 1 certified? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
P Design verification driven by new equipment. How is this different than process validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
I Release checklist EO sterilization process Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
V Informational SMMT IATF Oversight - OEM KPI Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
M Description of the requirements of clause 9.2.2.3 manufacturing process audit- needs your feedback IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
Stoic Are any medical device companies using the 2011 FDA process validation guidance instead of GHTF/SG3/N99-10:2004? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
T Design Control Procedures later in the Development Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
K Process Mapping - Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
D Social Media Feedback process for Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P Images of Product for Automated Process - How long to keep? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
J Where to Place Process Maps in our Documentation? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 4
B Supplier of design and manufacture process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
D Calibration Process Flow Map Example Wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
G Devices from IQ, OQ or PQ process to be used for verification, validation and summative? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
Pmarszal External Standards and Regulations Management Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
A Design process goal for ISO 9001 Manufacturing and Related Processes 22
S Process Map for Supplier Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
A UDI and Design Controls - Labeling change via the Design Control process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
K Procedure equals a process? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 16
J ISO 14001 revision process ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
M What is the average time needed for process documentation? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
K Changes in process dispersion, and location hypotheses tests Using Minitab Software 3
M Process Creation Advice Needed Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
S How to start with ISO process in project based team - Documentation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
H Human Resources Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
R Process control documents - Context of API Spec Q1, Clause 5.7.1.3 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
M MSDS process audit - Can any one give idea for checklist of the same Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 14
A How to set up Continuous CpK monitoring of an injection mold process Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
N Design Verification & Process Validation - Statistical sample sizes Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
E Equipment Qualification - IQ/OQ per ISO 13485:2016 section 7.5.6 Process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7