Need a Process Flow Diagram, Control Plan and PFMEA for Automotive Wiring Harness

B

Blueberry

Hello all,

Our customer is a tier 1 supplier to Chrysler.

We are requested to submit Process Flow Diagram, Contol Plan and PFMEA

for their Process Audit.

Does anyone have an example of a wiring harness.

Thank you for your comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Welcome. :D

Not that it matters, but DaimlerChrysler is no more. It's Chrysler LLC now.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for a list of related threads, and check the Post Attachment List (see the link at the top of the page) where you might find something useful. It's a bit slow around here on the weekend, so be patient.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Start here: existing Wiring Harness discussion threads. This is a short search. I'm not sure if what you're looking for specifically is here. I didn't see any in a search of the attachments.

Often specific documents are hard to get someone to share as they typically contain at least some company private (confidential) information.

R

Richard Pike

Am I missing something? FMEA contains highly confidential information. The Process is Documented, Risks are analyzed and more importantly, what is being done to reduce those risks are documented. Do you think that anyone willing to release this information should be listed to? This is of course the reason why there are so few "good" examples of FMEA in practice.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Am I missing something? FMEA contains highly confidential information. The Process is Documented, Risks are analyzed and more importantly, what is being done to reduce those risks are documented. Do you think that anyone willing to release this information should be listed to? This is of course the reason why there are so few "good" examples of FMEA in practice.
Some FMEAs contain confidential information, but not all. In any case, there are FMEAs posted here, and it's a simple matter to remove identifying/proprietary information from them.

D

DrM2u

This should be something to be developed internally by your organzation. It is not as adifficult as it sounds and the AIAG manuals offer decent guidelines. I am sure you'll find templates around, if not I'll post one for you.

R

Richard Pike

Thanks for the links to FMEA examples. Any assistance is of course useful to a FMEA team. Generic examples are however down right dangerous for anything except emphasizing principles. I agree fully (for what that's worth) with DrM2u, FMEA's MUST be developed internally. After all it is not only the Metrics of FMEA that is important, it is equally the benifit gained by having the various players involved, discussing and probing the process being analised.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Thanks for the links to FMEA examples. Any assistance is of course useful to a FMEA team. Generic examples are however down right dangerous for anything except emphasizing principles. I agree fully (for what that's worth) with DrM2u, FMEA's MUST be developed internally. After all it is not only the Metrics of FMEA that is important, it is equally the benifit gained by having the various players involved, discussing and probing the process being analised.
I agree. No one should think they're doing something useful when they copy someone else's FMEA document indiscriminately.

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
You are correct, if employed with the best intent, The Flow/FMEA/CP triad can help manage risk.

Unfortunately sometimes the game becomes, submit something with minimal effort/understanding because the customer wants it.

And even more sadly, the risk can be wished away as in the O-rings on the shuttle. ALL the unsuccessful bidders for the SRBs chose a one piece design since a field joint - O - ring system was too deemed too risky.

The winning designers classified it Criticality 1 meaning "loss of mission,vehicle, and crew" but then wished the problem away with redundancy.

The only way to reduce this kind of severity is by redesign which was costly and not politically expedient.

Makes for fascinating reading, here is what looks like the typewritten FMEA document from 1980.

http://history.nasa.gov/rogersrep/v1p239.htm

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Complaint Process flow: Need a generic definition which would flag an "MDR" Customer Complaints 7
J Change Management System - Does ISO 9001 specify you need a process flow? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
B Is there a need to put symbols into every steps of the Process flow diagram In HACCP? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
H Containment Process Flow - Need help creating one Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
A Need help with the process flow chart on my 4th edition PPAP! APQP and PPAP 5
S Do we need to validate Software used in Drug discovery and development process? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
G Defect codes and process codes need to be controlled AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
L 510k exemption process - Do you still need to submit technical dossier? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
M I need a sample Reverse PFMEA Process Checklist FMEA and Control Plans 2
GoSpeedRacer Validation of Processes 7.5.6 - Do cosmetic welds need process validation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R When do I need to calculate Process OEE? Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
E What Data do we need for Welding and Repair Process Capability? Six Sigma 1
W Help explaining the need for the Process Approach AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
Q Need guidance new APQP and PPAP Process Improvement Software Idea Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
J Recycling Procedure (ISO9001) - Do I need a documented process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
X Existing Toolroom Process Validation - Need to identify clauses addressed. Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
A Will Inspection Process need an FMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 7
B Product Realisation Process Map - Need some help, please review and comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Do HF Accessories need to perform a Risk Management Process of 60601-1:2005? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
Z Does this Process need an established Documented Procedure? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
K Need help in Setting up a Process for Tracking RMAs with Traceability Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
I Do Manufacturing Process Audits Need to be on an Annual Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
I Do company sales agents/distributors need to go through supplier evaluation process? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
M ISO/TS 16949 Process Mapping (need examples) Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
P Need help on DOE (Design of Experiments) - EPS molding process Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
Anerol C Need to answer a Car due the CAR answering process and implentation is not workin Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
G Is 100% Inspection a Control or does a Process need another type of control? FMEA and Control Plans 9
ScottK What defines the need for the ISO9001 Design & Development process? Design and Development of Products and Processes 15
O I need a process map for ISO 9001 important processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M Need advice to implement CAPP (Computer Aided Process Planning) change. Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Learning Statistical Process Control - I need a crash course in SPC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
R Failure analysis process or activity need to be audited? Internal Auditing 3
H Documented 8-D Process - Need Help Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
C Does a Chronically Unstable Process need a Capability Analysis? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
M Do I need a Procedure for Each Process? And the Interaction of Processes - TS16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
C Controlled EC's - Need some advice on my current Engineering Change process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A Need Example of Metrics for Internal Audit Process. Internal Auditing 6
J Forms that need to be used in the audit process for ISO TS 16949 General Auditing Discussions 19
H TPPS ( torque process potential study) - How to & need Excel .xls Spreadsheet Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
S I need help about Dyeing process - Is dying process a special process? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
A Pairwise comparison and AHP (Analytic Heirarchy Process) - Need simple examples Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Z Layered Process Audit Training - Need Powerpoint Presentation to train LPA auditors Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
M Do we need to calibrate gauges on process equipment? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 18
1 Design Review Process - Need a step by step methodology Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
Ron Rompen Need help with Flowcharting the PPAP Process APQP and PPAP 6
Q Need Example of Completed Process Identification Tool IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Q Process FMEA - Need help to clarify O (Occurrence) and D (Detection) rankings FMEA and Control Plans 26
I Process Maps - I made my mind up - We do not need maps Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 10
M Question about process software control - Do I need a masterlist for process software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
Q First Time Doing Process Sign Off - Tier 2 - DCX - What Do I Need To Know? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 19