Need career advice on QMS & HSE (No hands on experience)

I am a new and I have done QMS & HSE training and have not actually practice or done it,and I don't know how to begin, what to do,were to start

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Thee Bouyyy

Multiple Personalities
What is your role in your organization now and what was your role earlier? As I can see that you are new for the QMS role. You wanted to establish QMS from the beginning or you just have to manage it the QMS that is already established in your organization?

I can see from your profile that your occupation is in field of HSE QAQC and QMS.

I will need both, just in case am being called for a job in an organization that wants me to start a new QMS or manage the one dat is already established

Please I am new and I have done d HSE training but have not practice it, please what do I do, were do I start from just in case am being called for a job

Thee Bouyyy

Multiple Personalities
It depends on what you are aspiring to be. It would be ideal to start off in a junior quality role in an ISO accredited organization and work your way up as you will learn and gain some experience. After that it all depends on your ambitions and what career you want to pursue. Understanding of the standard cannot be gained without some experience and going deep in to the standard. You can tell them in the interview about what you recently learnt from the training.

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
April,

Firstly I would have a hair cut as it will be less painful than inevitably tearing it out.

I would follow @Thee Bouyyy 's advice or even start on the shop floor if manufacturing takes your fancy. Enter with wide eyed enthusiasm, an attitude for learning and listening and seize any and all opportunities. They will present themselves.

I was in your shoes 5 years ago and within a year I was QM and leading the organization through an automotive standard transition audit (a LOT of luck was thrown my way to get the opportunity but I took them). My only "quality" training was a couple of university modules.

There's lots of knowledge here, ask away and someone here will have the answers.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Some good advice is above.

What specific QMS & HSE training have you had? Did you get any certifications or a degree?

Do you have a resume? Is it well-written and professional looking?

Brakeman

Involved In Discussions
I would start off googling the ISO standards for both. I'd start with ISO 9001:2015 and start reading the blogs about each chapter. It's very mind opening and should get you started on the right foot. Eventually you will get audited and learning what the auditors expect is clarifying.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Need career advice! Where can I find affordable training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
T Need advice on what inspection equipment to buy. General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Sam.F Do heat treatment ovens need calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 18
T Need 5 why’s help AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 15
H Need guidance on importation of Custom-made devices into Japan Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
T Need help understanding AS6174 clause 3.1.5. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
B Spare parts of medical device need CE mark? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
F Change in address for critical supplier - does NB need to be informed? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 20
leftoverture REACH Folks - We Need Common Sense! RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 23
B Whose waste carrier licence do I need? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
I I need some fun examples of teaching the 5 Whys Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 43
R First Time Managing Calibration and Measurement System. Need Help. General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 19
M CE marked medical device - do they need UKAS certified calibration provider ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
C I need some clearing on requirements of Asuring the validity of results ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
C Need help in determining applicable clause for an audit finding (based on AS9120B) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K Subcontractors Providing Services Under MDD or MDR need ISO 13485 from EU Notified Body? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
E Need some peer advice Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 18
S Need clarification on UKCA and "Approved Body" UK Medical Device Regulations 7
S What types of changes need to be notified to NBs? Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
B Do I need a Cleanroom to manufacture Medical Devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
J CMO in Canada do they need MDSAP/13485 certification? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Attempting to Poke Yoke a wire crimping process...need help Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
C I need your help to find the action plan for these quality objectives Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 23
ChrisM Class 1 non-sterile device, need certified QMS or not? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Steve Prevette I need a template to solve world hunger, a world class Quality Program, and make lots of money Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
C Need to understand difference between an actual Calibration vs. a Calibration check General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
S How many tester quantity we need on the line based on the cycle time and peak volume Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
R Need help on calibration result analysis Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 17
M Do i need to have equipment validation if 100% testing is completed? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
G Need Help with Run @ Rate for Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
F Need help in IMS management review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
S I need help in corrective action plan Nonconformance and Corrective Action 15
A Do clinical performance studies for IVDs need to be conducted in a member state? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Do clinical performance studies for IVDs need to be conducted in a member state? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
D Weird spec sheet - need help Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
E Do I need test reports for all standards mentioned in my 510k application? Other Medical Device Related Standards 8
J Japan registration need manual without temperature reading Japan Medical Device Regulations 0
Ashland78 Need IATF 16949 ISO Gap Analysis Excel File Internal Auditing 3
R Need for an Importer outside EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
T Do I need to add non-product related service providers to my ASL? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
K Need Help With Auditing Suppliers Against ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 50
B Need assistance with documents CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R Lead auditor scenario (Need help) is this non conforming to ISO13485 Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
Ashland78 Need to show evidence in accordance with QR-11012 and SPB-00001-09 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
E Does IVD need to integrate with hospital IT infrastructure? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
U Need Help With API Q2 Quality Manual Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 8
S In Need of GIDEP Guidance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M Do employee training records need to be controlled documents? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D What evidence do I need to supply as a remote location in relation to manufacturing sites? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
T Non API products need to comply to API Q1? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3