Need career advice on QMS & HSE (No hands on experience)

I am a new and I have done QMS & HSE training and have not actually practice or done it,and I don't know how to begin, what to do,were to start

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Thee Bouyyy

Multiple Personalities
What is your role in your organization now and what was your role earlier? As I can see that you are new for the QMS role. You wanted to establish QMS from the beginning or you just have to manage it the QMS that is already established in your organization?

I can see from your profile that your occupation is in field of HSE QAQC and QMS.

I will need both, just in case am being called for a job in an organization that wants me to start a new QMS or manage the one dat is already established

Please I am new and I have done d HSE training but have not practice it, please what do I do, were do I start from just in case am being called for a job

Thee Bouyyy

Multiple Personalities
It depends on what you are aspiring to be. It would be ideal to start off in a junior quality role in an ISO accredited organization and work your way up as you will learn and gain some experience. After that it all depends on your ambitions and what career you want to pursue. Understanding of the standard cannot be gained without some experience and going deep in to the standard. You can tell them in the interview about what you recently learnt from the training.

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
April,

Firstly I would have a hair cut as it will be less painful than inevitably tearing it out.

I would follow @Thee Bouyyy 's advice or even start on the shop floor if manufacturing takes your fancy. Enter with wide eyed enthusiasm, an attitude for learning and listening and seize any and all opportunities. They will present themselves.

I was in your shoes 5 years ago and within a year I was QM and leading the organization through an automotive standard transition audit (a LOT of luck was thrown my way to get the opportunity but I took them). My only "quality" training was a couple of university modules.

There's lots of knowledge here, ask away and someone here will have the answers.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Some good advice is above.

What specific QMS & HSE training have you had? Did you get any certifications or a degree?

Do you have a resume? Is it well-written and professional looking?

Brakeman

Involved In Discussions
I would start off googling the ISO standards for both. I'd start with ISO 9001:2015 and start reading the blogs about each chapter. It's very mind opening and should get you started on the right foot. Eventually you will get audited and learning what the auditors expect is clarifying.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Need career advice! Where can I find affordable training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
S How many tester quantity we need on the line based on the cycle time and peak volume Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
R Need help on calibration result analysis Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 14
M Do i need to have equipment validation if 100% testing is completed? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
G Need Help with Run @ Rate for Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
F Need help in IMS management review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
S I need help in corrective action plan Nonconformance and Corrective Action 15
A Do clinical performance studies for IVDs need to be conducted in a member state? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Do clinical performance studies for IVDs need to be conducted in a member state? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
D Weird spec sheet - need help Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
E Do I need test reports for all standards mentioned in my 510k application? Other Medical Device Related Standards 8
J Japan registration need manual without temperature reading Japan Medical Device Regulations 0
Ashland78 Need IATF 16949 ISO Gap Analysis Excel File Internal Auditing 3
R Need for an Importer outside EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
T Do I need to add non-product related service providers to my ASL? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
K Need Help With Auditing Suppliers Against ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 50
B Need assistance with documents CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R Lead auditor scenario (Need help) is this non conforming to ISO13485 Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
Ashland78 Need to show evidence in accordance with QR-11012 and SPB-00001-09 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
E Does IVD need to integrate with hospital IT infrastructure? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
U Need Help With API Q2 Quality Manual Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 8
S In Need of GIDEP Guidance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M Do employee training records need to be controlled documents? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D What evidence to I need to supply as a remote location in relation to manufacturing sites? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
T Non API products need to comply to API Q1? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
G Need journal and reference of abnormal bar chart SPC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
MSeibert47 Daily Quality Topics - Need Ideas Please! Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 18
W Do Reference materials for IATF need to be 17025? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
D Need some Help on 8D fault tree analysis Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 6
A Need to calculate tolerance Intervals with a set of non-normal data and 3-Parameter Weibull distribution Using Minitab Software 0
Melissa Risk Management Process, How far do I need to go? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 13
F Need Quality Manager advice. Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
T Do we need an SOP for ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B Do CTQs need to be equipment specific? FMEA and Control Plans 8
K Do Contract Manufacturers need a complaint procedure? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 10
K Screen printing ink and machine selection_ Need help Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
D Do employee training records need to be centralized? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
H Need of EU Representative Designation for Turkey? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
H If we use agile - do we still need to document TF as a waterfall just for the notified bodies need? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
briteme4 AS9102 First Article Inspection - do I need a second reviewer and signer? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
J Furnace repaired - Do I need a new initial TUS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Does FDA Registration QSR need to cover non-medical devices for contract repackager? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Need ISO 15189:2012 Documentation toolkit. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
J Need a contract monitoring Tool General Information Resources 0
P UDI-PI requirements on reusable surgical device, do we need serialisation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Need Help with FPY Data in Assembly Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
W 17025 and NIST handbook relationship (need advice) ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
lanley liao Does all of the suppliers need to integrated into the supplier list qualified of the company? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
K Need procedure for D&D inputs? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Need help on "Country of Origin" Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0