Need Clarity on AS9100 Lead Auditor Certification Requirements

A

Auditman64

Hi Gang,

I will be taking my AS9100 Lead Auditor Certification training with SAI Global in an upcoming class this April.

I have already read through many of the posts in here, and have a pretty good idea of what to study, what to stay away from, and what to expect regarding the exam.

The questions I still have that I haven’t seen discussed in this forum (unless I missed them) are questions regarding how long the lead Auditor Certification is valid, and if there is some type of recertification process in the same way NDT inspectors have to be recertified once every three years?

The other question I have is: if I take the next step by taking the AATT certification training and get my AATT certification – how can I get the experience required before I am signed off as a qualified AS9100 auditor?

Currently I am a special process auditor working for a major military/commercial helicopter manufacturer in the northeast.

I know, I know, you already know who I work for...

Will the AIQG accept my experience as an auditor and validate me as a certified AATT auditor once I have passed all of the exams or will I still be required to go out and perform AS9100 audits in order to satisfy all of their requirements?

My last question is: once I accomplish all of the training modules, pass all of the exams, and perform all of the audits required: do I have to actively be engaged in AS9100 audits in order to keep it all valid - or like a driver’s license, is it basically good for life regardless of what I do in the future.

Thanks in advance for all reply’s, and please forgive me if all of these questions have been addressed previously

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
GO to the RABQSA website (AKA Exemplar) and download the requirement to become an auditor and then ask one question at a time - it is difficult to answer all of your question at once...

A

Auditman64

Thanks and will do.................

Although I've scoured the internet for weeks ever since I registered for the course including the sight you reference.........and while they all go on in great lengths about what the courses entail, none of them explain how long these certs are good for (once you get them) or any of my other questions.

dsanabria

Thanks and will do.................

Although I've scoured the internet for weeks ever since I registered for the course including the sight you reference.........and while they all go on in great lengths about what the courses entail, none of them explain how long these certs are good for (once you get them) or any of my other questions.

Start here...

http://www.exemplarglobal.org/personnel-certification/aerospace-auditors/as9100-aerospace-auditor/

In short, auditors must renew credentials periodically (pay yearly dues and submit documentation every 3 years.)

A

Auditman64

Thanks so much,

I did gather that they cert is only good for three years which is a bit of a letdown because I thought it would be good for life once you obtained it.

Seems as though they do give you the option of either re-testing or showing documentation proving you’ve been involved via audits and such which is good.

I’ve been to the web site you sighted & read the table, and while it does explain what’s required it still doesn’t answer my specific questions of:

1. How does one get involved in an AS9100 audit if you are currently employed as a full-time employee for a major Aerospace manufacturer?

2. If I obtained both the Lead Auditor Certification and the Aerospace Auditor Transition Training – how long is the AATT valid and will I lose it if I am not actively involved in performing AS9100 audits?

The reason I asked these questions is because my goal (for now) is to simply acquire these certifications as a means as a back-up in case my current position should be eliminated and I need to be able to find work immediately – not so much to leave my present position in search of doing AS9100 audit work right now.

Maybe now that I’ve explained myself a little better you guys can understand my line of questioning.

Thanks…

dsanabria

1. How does one get involved in an AS9100 audit if you are currently employed as a full-time employee for a major Aerospace manufacturer?

There are many avenues, 2nd party auditors do quality as complete audits for certification purpose, or ask an certified auditor to shadow you and sign the required documents. These are answered on the page and please down load the PDF.

2. If I obtained both the Lead Auditor Certification and the Aerospace Auditor Transition Training – how long is the AATT valid and will I lose it if I am not actively involved in performing AS9100 audits?

There is a time limit for the audit course - it is superseded by future courses. and it happens a lot.

A

Auditman64

Thank you so very much Dsanabria,

You have really helped me out, and you truly are very much an appreciated member…….by me.

Thank You…

R

Reg Morrison

Hi Gang,

I will be taking my AS9100 Lead Auditor Certification training with SAI Global in an upcoming class this April.

Thanks in advance for all reply?s, and please forgive me if all of these questions have been addressed previously
Are you aware of the latest IAQG resolution?

As of March 7, 2014, all IAQG OPMT sanctioned Aerospace Auditor Transition Training (AATT) 9100, 9110, and 9120 classes and examinations shall be temporarily unavailable.
Classes and examinations in progress or committed may continue only with the agreement of the IAQG OPMT.
No AATT based Training Course may be offered for new student enrolment using the existing training material. Any Training Provider (TP) who has an AATT class that is ?in progress or committed? shall advise the IAQG OPMT with relevant information of such training programs so the IAQG OPMT is fully aware of any courses taking place.
Should a TP identify a special need for a new AATT based Training Class, then, with the agreement of their SMS, the TP shall submit a request to the IAQG OPMT for a special dispensation to run such a course.
For more information about the Training Provider AATT Special Dispensation process, please visit: http://info.iaqgtraining.com/tp/aatt-suspension
Any questions or feedback shall be addressed using the ?Provide AATT Process Feedback to the Training Dev Team? link available on the IAQG AATT platform at the following link : https://www.iaqgtraining.com/

A

Auditman64

Thanks, Reg,

I actually did run across that in all of my research and it explains why SAI Global doesn’t currently have a schedule for their AATT courses.

My hope is that the AATT training will r?sum? long before my Lead Auditor Certification runs out in three years – but I think I’m safe as I haven’t even completed that yet.

If everything goes well and I pass the exam in April of this year, then I’ll have three years before I have to re-new the Lead Auditor Certification.

On top of that, I also saw somewhere where the Lead Auditor Certification isn’t even a necessary prerequisite to the AATT….

Sure wish I would have done my homework and discovered that before I registered & paid for the upcoming Lead Auditor course this April.

Then again, I believe that course will be beneficial to my learning experience, and better prepare me for the AATT course.

Thanks for the info………….

dsanabria

Thanks, Reg,

I actually did run across that in all of my research and it explains why SAI Global doesn?t currently have a schedule for their AATT courses.

My hope is that the AATT training will r?sum? long before my Lead Auditor Certification runs out in three years ? but I think I?m safe as I haven?t even completed that yet.

If everything goes well and I pass the exam in April of this year, then I?ll have three years before I have to re-new the Lead Auditor Certification.

On top of that, I also saw somewhere where the Lead Auditor Certification isn?t even a necessary prerequisite to the AATT?.

Sure wish I would have done my homework and discovered that before I registered & paid for the upcoming Lead Auditor course this April.

Then again, I believe that course will be beneficial to my learning experience, and better prepare me for the AATT course.

Thanks for the info????.

Note: the reason AATT Courses are on hold is because the upgrade to AS9101 - which is now up to AS9101E - for a $399. Which is silly since all they are going to tell you is - "the checklist OER is no longer a requirement"

Top Bottom