Need GD&T Training - In-house preferably

pammesue

Involved In Discussions
Ive got a brand new guy that has no quality background, especially with print reading etc.

He also needs to know how to operate the comparator also.

Where can I look for someone to come and do training for this gentleman? Ive seen tons of online classes on GD&T, but I would like someone to teach him the basics and then also use our prints/comparator to take it a step further.

Has anyone ever heard of doing something like this?

I have absolutely no time at all to train him and it would be a disservice to him for me to even attempt to do--because I would be called out of the training a gazillion times!

thank yall!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Need GD&T Training--inhouse preferably

Is there someone else in-house (that you trust as a trainer) to do the training? This would be my first preference.

In your area, is there a Community Collage that has any technical classes where you can ask the instructor to come in and perform training? Taking classes at the Community Collage will probably take too long before you see effective results (my opinion), but used in conjunction with in-house may, in the long run, be much more beneficial.

Learning to read blueprints (depending on the complexity) can/will (probably) take longer than 1 or 2 classes.

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource

Hi pammesue,

If you don't have a dedicated trainer, you could start by downloading some of these attachments and maybe develop a quiz around them for evaluating their classroom knowledge, then follow it up with site-specific training and finally demonstration to qualify that person.

Brian :rolleyes:

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

Hi pammesue,

If you don't have a dedicated trainer, you could start by downloading some of these attachments and maybe develop a quiz around them for evaluating their classroom knowledge, then follow it up with site-specific training and finally demonstration to qualify that person.

Brian :rolleyes:
Verify first what GD&T Standard applies. Then review the attachments.

Confusion can be eliminated by verifying the applicable GD&T Standard.

pammesue

Involved In Discussions

Yeah most of those attachments are part specific questions and do not deal with training :(

pammesue

Involved In Discussions

Is there someone else in-house (that you trust as a trainer) to do the training? This would be my first preference.

In your area, is there a Community Collage that has any technical classes where you can ask the instructor to come in and perform training? Taking classes at the Community Collage will probably take too long before you see effective results (my opinion), but used in conjunction with in-house may, in the long run, be much more beneficial.

Learning to read blueprints (depending on the complexity) can/will (probably) take longer than 1 or 2 classes.
sigh....alas there is no one. We have about 5 people here that can actually read a drawing. 2 of which have probably never even looked at our current drawings. There are only 3 of us that have actually performed first article inspections on our parts and one is dealing with a new product launch, one is actually making the machines for the new products and the other is me!

Good thing is that most of the drawings are of the same kind, so if you can get the hang of one you can do the others. But I would like some sort of official training course.

thank yall

J

Janet Mc

We use Advanced Dimensional Management. They are very good, have their own books and their trainers don't put the students to sleep.

Another option to consider is to purchase DVD or video training for use in house. I can offer Suggestions there as well

Janet

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B In house Internal auditor training - Need of a method of training more Auditors Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
I Training records and levels - When does training NOT need a record? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
R Training Matrix Need to Be Proceduralized? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
pammesue Need a new video for employee training ISO 9001:2008 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
H How to prepare training need assessment for manufacturing industries Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
B Need help tracking training for my business Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
S Choosing ISO 9001 Training and if I need the training for work ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
AnaMariaVR2 Need Laboratory Equipment Maintenance Program Training Material US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
S Do we need to get Time Management Training? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 28
V Need Training on Automotive "Core Tools" Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
B Do we need an internal auditor training for ISO9001-2008? Internal Auditing 4
C Need guideline for setting Training Goal Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 10
L Need General Auditor Training Internal Auditing 4
eternal_atlas Internal Audit of Training Need Analysis - Compliance Audit General Auditing Discussions 4
A 5s .ppt or other Presentations - I Need 5S Visual Displays for Training Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 14
sardonyx Training Tools in a Medical Device Environment - Do we need to control? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D Designing an ISO 9001 Internal Audit Training Course - Need Help Internal Auditing 6
D Training Certificate - I need a form that is in an award type presentation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S Need career advice! Where can I find affordable training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
B Sales training for ISO 9001 2000 and What type of training evidence do we need? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Z Layered Process Audit Training - Need Powerpoint Presentation to train LPA auditors Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
R Need some information on Training Effectiveness Assessment Form Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
R In need of Training for VisualSPC ShopFloor v4.5 by CimWorks Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
G Need Suggestions for SPC, control chart Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
J 6 Sigma - Trainer! We need someone to conduct on site 6 Sigma Green Belt training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
K Need to update our training format to ISO 13485:2003. Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
H Printing Company - Need advice for training courses in the quality control arena Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Gman2 Training Forms - Do training forms need to be numbered? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
Raffy What kind of Training do we need for Calibration? What topics? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
X Need QS9000 cousulting and training services QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 0
M We need to identify continuing training needs for external source training Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
J How far do Training output and HR responsibilities need to be controlled Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 1
A Brexit When does the UK responsible person need to be in place? UK Medical Device Regulations 10
R Do we need issue ECN (Engineering Change Notice) towards updated Material Specification? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
N IPC-A-630 - Is this free or do i really need to pay for it? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C ISO/ IEC 17021 Resource requirement (need help) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
P Need a programmer for QVI's VMS software for optical inspection machine Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Change Approval Requirements - Does every change need formal customer approval? Design and Development of Products and Processes 17
T Do I need a qualified compiler for class B software? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C ISO 13485 :2016 - CAPA - Does every CAPA need to be checked by regulations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
L Proof of Concept Studies - Do we need to comply with SAE reporting? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
gunnyshore Adding a new facility - do I need to submit an amendment to the MDL or MDEL, or both? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
N FDA UDI - Label vs. Labeling - Does the insert need to include UDI? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Demonstration of Equivalence - Need for comparing biological characteristics for an SamD EU Medical Device Regulations 1
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2