Need GD&T Training - In-house preferably

P

pammesue

Ive got a brand new guy that has no quality background, especially with print reading etc.

He also needs to know how to operate the comparator also.

Where can I look for someone to come and do training for this gentleman? Ive seen tons of online classes on GD&T, but I would like someone to teach him the basics and then also use our prints/comparator to take it a step further.

Has anyone ever heard of doing something like this?

I have absolutely no time at all to train him and it would be a disservice to him for me to even attempt to do--because I would be called out of the training a gazillion times!

thank yall!

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Need GD&T Training--inhouse preferably

Is there someone else in-house (that you trust as a trainer) to do the training? This would be my first preference.

In your area, is there a Community Collage that has any technical classes where you can ask the instructor to come in and perform training? Taking classes at the Community Collage will probably take too long before you see effective results (my opinion), but used in conjunction with in-house may, in the long run, be much more beneficial.

Learning to read blueprints (depending on the complexity) can/will (probably) take longer than 1 or 2 classes.

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource

Hi pammesue,

If you don't have a dedicated trainer, you could start by downloading some of these attachments and maybe develop a quiz around them for evaluating their classroom knowledge, then follow it up with site-specific training and finally demonstration to qualify that person.

Brian :rolleyes:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Hi pammesue,

If you don't have a dedicated trainer, you could start by downloading some of these attachments and maybe develop a quiz around them for evaluating their classroom knowledge, then follow it up with site-specific training and finally demonstration to qualify that person.

Brian :rolleyes:

Verify first what GD&T Standard applies. Then review the attachments.

Confusion can be eliminated by verifying the applicable GD&T Standard.

P

pammesue

Yeah most of those attachments are part specific questions and do not deal with training :(

P

pammesue

Is there someone else in-house (that you trust as a trainer) to do the training? This would be my first preference.

In your area, is there a Community Collage that has any technical classes where you can ask the instructor to come in and perform training? Taking classes at the Community Collage will probably take too long before you see effective results (my opinion), but used in conjunction with in-house may, in the long run, be much more beneficial.

Learning to read blueprints (depending on the complexity) can/will (probably) take longer than 1 or 2 classes.

sigh....alas there is no one. We have about 5 people here that can actually read a drawing. 2 of which have probably never even looked at our current drawings. There are only 3 of us that have actually performed first article inspections on our parts and one is dealing with a new product launch, one is actually making the machines for the new products and the other is me!

Good thing is that most of the drawings are of the same kind, so if you can get the hang of one you can do the others. But I would like some sort of official training course.

thank yall

J

Janet Mc

We use Advanced Dimensional Management. They are very good, have their own books and their trainers don't put the students to sleep.

Another option to consider is to purchase DVD or video training for use in house. I can offer Suggestions there as well

Janet

Top Bottom