Need help on MSA study on a torque analyzer

Q

qpappa31

I am struggling to find a way to perform a MSA study on a torque analyzer. I work for an automotive manufacturing supplier. We recently got in trouble for not having a MSA study on a torque analyzer that we use to verify the torque on all our processes. We use air tools to torque various parts (plastic and metal).
The torque analyzer we use is a Norbar Torque Tool Tester Model #: 43228TTT.

I need some on how to set up this MSA study or if it is even possible.

C

Curtis317

Doing a Gage R and R study on a torque analyzer would be a very diffcult thing to do. I would contact the manufacturer of the device and ask them for help. Torque as a value is not repeatable on the same bolt, nut etc since their is material deformation in the threads etc.

Q

qpappa31

Thank you for the response. I told the auditor we tried in the past but we were not successful due to wear and tear of the bolt. Even if we use a joint simulator and simply run an air tool we are getting bad results. The auditor swears it can simply be done. I really don't see how it's possible though.

C

Curtis317

if you have Minitab you can try a Nested Gage R and R. This is for destructive testing and it would seem to fit well with what you need to do. If not then contact the Auditor and ask him how to do it if it is so easy. But again you may want to contact the supplier who may be able to give you more insight into your problem.

Top Bottom