Need help on Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)

hamimisaad

Associate QE
Hello everybody,

I am a new member in this forum and i am new quality Engineer also in a wiring organisation. -automotive industry- :bigwave::bigwave::D:D

i have a question regarding a report that the management require. ( QIP - Quality improvement Plan ) does any one have any idea about it?

thank you for your help in advance.

AndyN

Moved On
A QIP should have the following:

A clear statement of the problem/issue which needs improvement
Objective
A timeline with milestones
Responsibilities
Budget
Measurements
Resources needed
Reporting

If you have these, then you've covered the basics

hamimisaad

Associate QE
thank you for the reply

what do you mean by reporting?

i just had a copy from a previous report and it contained:

Voice of customer ( customer complaints and the action plan sorted by responsibles)
voice of process ( internal quality issues with the action Plan also and sorted by responsibles Too )

I think that i will add the timeline for the project with all the acitivities.

if you have any example of QIP, Please share :)

Ty

AndyN

Moved On
thank you for the reply

what do you mean by reporting?

i just had a copy from a previous report and it contained:

Voice of customer ( customer complaints and the action plan sorted by responsibles)
voice of process ( internal quality issues with the action Plan also and sorted by responsibles Too )

I think that i will add the timeline for the project with all the acitivities.

if you have any example of QIP, Please share :)

Ty

It's usual, if you are going to improve something, to plan on reporting results. Someone has to do that otherwise how will anyone know it's an improvement?

From your example, it's difficult to say anything because they are just headings.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
It's usual, if you are going to improve something, to plan on reporting results. Someone has to do that otherwise how will anyone know it's an improvement?

From your example, it's difficult to say anything because they are just headings.

Perhaps our Original Poster needs a bit more detail...so, by reporting do you mean:

* Frequency of reporting?
* Method of reporting (e.g., at a particular meeting or off of a certain report)?
* Audience of reporting?

Not everyone speaks fluent "Andy." ;-)

Last edited:

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
IMO, simply asking someone to write a QIP is like asking someone for a “report” – it is such a broad, generic, request that it is almost impossible to move forward and give the requester what they want without getting some further clarification.

You’re new to the organization – I would ask if they have a standard format that they used in the past that they want you to follow. If they have a format but find it lacking, ask what they didn’t like and what they did, then create a new draft format to address those issues, revise as needed, then, once the format is agreed upon, go to work. Keep in mind the PDCA and DMAIC processes as you work.

It sounds like they want to use as inputs customer complaints and process problems -- so prioritize those and use them as inputs to your new template.

Top Bottom