Need help with daughter's homework

M

Mapledale

Need help with these problems;
24 thru 38 and 56 thru 69
Mostly probability problems I am not sure how to solve.
Thank you stat guru's!

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
Generally these look like probability questions of multiple events.

If two events are independent from each other, you multiply them together - such as what is the probability of flipping a coin and getting heads, then rolling a die and getting a 2, would be 1/2 times 1/6.

If I have two events exclusive of each other - such as what is the probability of rolling a 1 or 2 on a die. I can't BOTH roll a 1 and 2 simultaneously - so the chance of rolling a 1 OR a 2 on one roll of a die is 1/6+ 1/6.

Keep in mind "die" is the singular form of "dice".

This should give a start.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
K A proposal for the model Quality Management - I need help for the project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R Probability - Need a help to solve the below question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
8 Need Help - Runout - Function Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
S New to FAIR, need help in filling it out AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
R Pls help --- Need expert advice on Video Measurement Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 0
Ajit Basrur Need help to understand HIPAA requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
Z I need help with getting a CFS in China Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Need help wrapping my head around confidence vs beta error Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P Received a minor for not having good measureables/goals. Need help with KPIs. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 52
A Failed the AS9120B Exam Twice.....Need Help AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
Ajit Basrur Need help in Conditional Formatting for the entire row Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
H Need help on Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
S Help: Need Control Self Assessment Questionnaire for HR Departmental Functions Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 0
M Need help in Calibration of Directional Coupler General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
L Need HELP with Internal Audit Program ISO 13485.2003 Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 3
J Supporting Processes - Internal Audits - Need help settling a debate IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
A Cpk Formula seems off, need help!? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 11
A Need Help With AEA Auditor Related Situational Questions AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
E Transformer Overload Test - Need help IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
C I Need Help with Drafting Conventions!!! Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
M Need help on QMS Development in an AS9100C certified organization AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
R Need Help on Analysis: How to know potential causality model from historical data Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
B Need help tracking training for my business Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
B Need help with a Control Plan for Encapsulation Mold / Trimming / Forming Tooling FMEA and Control Plans 9
S I need help from all of you bros Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
LRE67 Need help identifying this "thing" Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
G Need help on Device Description in the Acceptance Checklist for Traditional 510(k) Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
K Need help finding a book on Documentation Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 8
J Need help/advice on video editing software etc..... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
L Need Help with Case Study Questions Manufacturing and Related Processes 16
W Help explaining the need for the Process Approach AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
Ron Rompen Unusual problem with Excel - Need some help Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 7
S Need help on new TS 16949 Rules IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M Need help with Network Analyzers and which DUT can be Calibrated with it Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
R Need help on defining scope for Design Verification File for Class III IVD 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
J Help I need your opinion on a News Letter Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 15
N Need Help Preparing for Medical Device Quality Engineer Interview Career and Occupation Discussions 2
B Need help on an application we are working on Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
S Need help with Project Charter for my Six Sigma Green Belt Project Six Sigma 1
Q Need help on MSA study on a torque analyzer Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B Need help in adding second location to FDA Registration Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
T A survey on problems during ISMS implementation - need help IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
Z My first Gage R&R - Paper/Poly/Foil Material Bond Test, need help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15
R Need help on cost analysis for copper tube manufacturing Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
T SPSS for Analysis of Medical Data - Need help Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
T Metal Stamping Defect--Need Help with Corrective Action Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
E New to Quality & Need Help Career and Occupation Discussions 6
T Need help developing an ECO (Engineering Change order) procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S Need Help with Response Surface Optimization Using Minitab Software 4