Need help with MSA/Gage R&R - Seeking Minitab template file/sample GR&R study

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
I have just taken on a position as QA Manager of a small manufacturing company....and found out the truism 'Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it'.

Anyway, on to my most immediate crisis (only one of many, I'm afraid).

A customer has mandated that a GR&R study be performed using Minitab, but is unable to provide me a template file. I have tried to puzzle out the (very limited) help file in Minitab 14, but haven't had any success.

Does anyone have a template file/sample GR&R study that they would be willing to share?

Thanks

L

Louis Reimer

Gage R&R

Not sure of this will help but I have attached some files

Attachments

• Gage R&R Article.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 751
  • Gage R&R work sheet 2.xls
    24 KB · Views: 592

Ron Rompen

Thanks for the offer of assistance guys, but the customer has specified (gods alone know why) a Minitab format for GR&R studies and SPC analysis.

The SPC is easy (the 6-pack is great) but variable R&R study is a whole different kettle of fish.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Ron Rompen said:
Thanks for the offer of assistance guys, but the customer has specified (gods alone know why) a Minitab format for GR&R studies and SPC analysis.

The SPC is easy (the 6-pack is great) but variable R&R study is a whole different kettle of fish.

Ron, check back tomorrow. I know there are folks here who do GR&R computations with Minitab who can help.

K

kei_ko

Ron Rompen said:

sorry to ask a stupid question but can you request the customer to provide a sample of the report formats for your product type? i have some experience with minitab and there are many report variations possible (even for the 6-pack) depending on your requirements...

it would be prudent to talk to your customer's SQE and get it right from the start :)

Ron Rompen

Yes, I have already requested this, however we have just moved our plant, and the internet won't be hooked up there for a few days (oh the joy of it all).

I am trying to get a bit of a jump on the customer, instead of starting out behind the 8-ball.

T

tsshea

The Gage study tool you would use in Minitab will depend on if the study is crossed or nested. Is it continuous data? If so, you will need to stack your data into three columns: Part, Operator, and measurement data. Here some sample data:

Part mm Oper.
1 0.169 Oper.A:
1 0.163 Oper.A:
1 0.158 Oper.A:
1 0.181 Oper.B:
1 0.186 Oper.B:
1 0.176 Oper.B:
1 0.170 Oper.C:
1 0.183 Oper.C:
1 0.164 Oper.C:
2 0.156 Oper.A:
2 0.160 Oper.A: