Need help with Project Charter for my Six Sigma Green Belt Project

S

ssheselton

Hello, I am going thru six sigma green belt and on a homework assignment for a projet charter has got me stumped on what the instructor is wanting. I have changed and re-written with the same answer. Any help to what I am not seeing would be greatly appreciated. This is what he wrote:
"It looks like causes of defects. Is it not every time you weld the opportunity to create a poor or good weld ( your defect definition)?
Again your opportunity definition is incorrect. Look at my hint below in parenthesis.
Business Case: Needs to express why you need to do it NOW. What is the impact if it is not done?
Opportunity Definition: What you have listed are what you think are the causes. What should be here is what define the opportunity to make a bad weld. ( Every welding opportunity)

Metrics need to be measurable and impact the Projected Savings
Scope: Is the first and last step of the process you are improving. (welding)."

Opportunity Definition: [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Machine errors-breaks down, improper programming, metal identification errors, incorrect adjustment of machine as weld progresses, too little flux for weld puddle cover. WPS errors.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]
Business Case:
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Major amounts of money are being spent on repairs of the submerged arc welds. Overtime costs to make repairs are being raised which is less profit. Shipping dates are not being met and the project will help meet shipping dates for customer satisfaction. The project will help speed up the production process which inter will give more profit for less work.[/FONT]

Defect Definition: [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]A visual and ultrasonic reject. Missed welds, porosity, cracks, size, and profile. [/FONT]

My Metrics:
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Length in inches of reject
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Money being spent in repairs[/FONT]

Scope:
First Process Step (Start)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Review current reject report of long seam inches failed.[/FONT]

Last Process Step (Stop)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Implement the new steps found to increase a passing long seam weld.[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Need help with Project Charter for my project

A Quick Bump!

Can someone help?

Thank you very much!!

Top Bottom