SBS - The best value in QMS software

Need MSA 4th ed. compliant attribute MSA template

Good afternoon,

I need a Gage R&R template that meets AIAG 4th Edition. In fact my customer has reject the template that we use ( we test 1parts 3 appraiser 3 measurements). But according to the AIAG 4th edition the MSA attributive study should be done on 50 parts 3 appraiser 3 measurements.

Please if you have a new template, could you please share it with me.

Thanks,

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Good afternoon,

I need a Gage R&R template that meets AIAG 4th Edition. In fact my customer has reject the template that we use ( we test 1parts 3 appraiser 3 measurements). But according to the AIAG 4th edition the MSA attributive study should be done on 50 parts 3 appraiser 3 measurements.

Please if you have a new template, could you please share it with me.

Thanks,
Hello Houda,

It makes me nervous when people try to use MSA Manuals to say "Sample size must be x" because as many times as I have read the MSA Manuals, no such specifics are stated. The opposite is stated, on page 140. Page 141 does give an example that a sample of 50 was used based on "the indices were Pp, Ppk = 0.5."

I have never seen a template with a sample size 50, but Minitab can be used for a sample that large. In fact, the example form provided on pages 224-225 looks very much like the free template that ASQ provides.

Is your supplier trying to hold you to a particular Pp/Ppk index? I am accustomed to customers making demands, but I am wondering if this person really understand what he/she is asking for.

Disclaimer: I am an ASQ member.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I MSA requirement for 5 Micrometers + CP changes need customer approval? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
A Need MSA %GRR Interpretation Advice Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Q Need help on MSA study on a torque analyzer Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
A Need help with a Kappa Study (MSA) - Reviewing x-ray Images Six Sigma 11
J Need help calculating actual Ppk - Result of % GR&R=11.8% when conducting MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
W Need to reconduct MSA when there is a change in operators? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
U How to do MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) - I need to know the basics Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Manix MSA Study for Highly Repeatable Parts shows need for MS Improvement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
Z Determining how many measurement devices need gage R&R? MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
K Need a version of the AIAG's MSA (Measurement System Anaysis) 3rd Edition Checklist Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Ron Rompen Need help with MSA/Gage R&R - Seeking Minitab template file/sample GR&R study Using Minitab Software 7
P Conducting a MSA - Measurement of plaster by use of a scoop - I need Help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
W MSA 3rd- need customer approve!!! Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
D Low risk IVD study in the UK, do I need MHRA approval? UK Medical Device Regulations 1
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturer - Does the CM need to register with FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
J Records Control - Does each individual record need to be numbered? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
N Is there a need for clinical test of Class IIa products (for MDR)? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Do Software Subcontractors need to be ISO13485 compliant in the EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Do I need a "State of the art" plan? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S Need advice for schooling Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
R What information do i need to get from the device manufacturer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
S Need guidance on project ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
J Need Change Control Yes/No Decision Tree Template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
C Does an accessory need an IFU if it use is discussed in the Parent device IFU? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
B Countries with no need for FSC (Free sales certificate) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 4
A Brexit When does the UK responsible person need to be in place? UK Medical Device Regulations 10
R Do we need issue ECN (Engineering Change Notice) towards updated Material Specification? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
N IPC-A-630 - Is this free or do i really need to pay for it? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
C ISO/ IEC 17021 Resource requirement (need help) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
P Need a programmer for QVI's VMS software for optical inspection machine Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Change Approval Requirements - Does every change need formal customer approval? Design and Development of Products and Processes 17
T Do I need a qualified compiler for class B software? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C ISO 13485 :2016 - CAPA - Does every CAPA need to be checked by regulations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
L Proof of Concept Studies - Do we need to comply with SAE reporting? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
gunnyshore Adding a new facility - do I need to submit an amendment to the MDL or MDEL, or both? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
N FDA UDI - Label vs. Labeling - Does the insert need to include UDI? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Demonstration of Equivalence - Need for comparing biological characteristics for an SamD EU Medical Device Regulations 1
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
L Turkish Requirements - Does the Software need to be translated? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
J Need for a cleanroom in the manufacture of a medical device for a clinical trial EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M IATF 16949 8.5.1.3 Verification of job set-ups - Do we need secondary check? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
P Electrosurgical Device User Need: Cord Flexibility -> Requirement Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
P Do I need to get registered or have German entity to sell IVD products in Germany? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2