Need of calibration procedures for sine plates, v-blocks, and parallel bars

K

kristi

I am in need of calibration procedures for sine plates, v-blocks, and parallel bars. Any advice would be helpful. We have an idea of what to do, but not for sure of the exact steps needed to complete calibration. We have a CMM that is accurate up to .0002", but from what I have learned, we would be better off in using a height gage on a surface plate.

thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
You are correct. I recall a book from Mcgraw Hill (I think) entitled Gage & Inspection or something close which offers some suggestions on calibration of these devices.

In addition, there probably are MIL specs that outline an approach. You'll have to do some research though unless someone here can get you a little closer.

Regards,

Kevin

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F How many signatures do we need on calibration certificates? ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
M Need help in Calibration of Directional Coupler General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
B Need to convert Reference Only M&TE to a calibration schedule General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
J Can some measurements be considered information only and not need calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
K Qualifications I need to adhere to for Thread Gage Calibration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 1
T New Equipments calibrated by Manufacturer need Calibration from Independent Labs? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
T Need thoughts on calibration of Class A volumetric glassware General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
N Need Calibration Provider for Capillary Rheometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
N Need Calibration Service for Mechanical Tester - Zwick Roell General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A Need to Audit an External Calibration Laboratory? - Customer Audit Finding Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
N Scale with Internal Calibration - Do I need to calibrate? How to document this? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 8
B Does Welding Equipment need or require Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 30
L Calibration of Dial Thickness Gauge - What reference standard need I follow? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
L Do all gages need calibration or only those used for final inspection? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 49
F Do Calibration Suppliers need to be included in the list of Approved Suppliers? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
U I need All ISO 17025 Documents for a calibration laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
M Surface plates - Questioning the need for periodic calibration of surface plates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
T Calibration and Control - Need help with plug, ring, and thread plug gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
V Calibration of a Digital Vernier - Need to check/calibrate/validate all 3 functions? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
C Calibration Certificates - Do Calibration Certificates Need to be Reviewed? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 42
D ISO/TS16949 Internal Calibration Lab need to include Production Equipments IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
D Does waste water equipment need calibration if we also outsource testing? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 12
J Demagnetizers - Need for calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
F Calibration Tags - External company applied their tags - Do I need to apply our tags Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
Jerry Eldred Need to spec a L.F. Differential Amp for a Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
A Need to send out for Calibration or Self-calibration? HP model# 35670A analyzer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Glassware calibration - Do we need to calibrate or recalibrate laboratory glassware General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A Calibration of steel rulers - Why do I need to calibrate it again? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
J Agilent Power Sensor Calibration - Need a Calibration Procedure General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
R Certifications (Certificate) of calibration - Where do I need to have them? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 16
C Opening a new Calibration Laboratory - Need help General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
A ISO 14001 Calibration Requirements: Do ALL measuring devices need to be calibrated? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
V Does an internal calibration laboratory need to be certified on ISO 17025? ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
Raffy What kind of Training do we need for Calibration? What topics? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
J Do Process gauges need to be in Calibration control system? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
D Calibration - What do we need to calibrate and what don't we need to calibrate? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 4
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 1
A Brexit When does the UK responsible person need to be in place? UK Medical Device Regulations 10
R Do we need issue ECN (Engineering Change Notice) towards updated Material Specification? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
N IPC-A-630 - Is this free or do i really need to pay for it? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C ISO/ IEC 17021 Resource requirement (need help) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
P Need a programmer for QVI's VMS software for optical inspection machine Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Change Approval Requirements - Does every change need formal customer approval? Design and Development of Products and Processes 17
T Do I need a qualified compiler for class B software? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C ISO 13485 :2016 - CAPA - Does every CAPA need to be checked by regulations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
L Proof of Concept Studies - Do we need to comply with SAE reporting? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
gunnyshore Adding a new facility - do I need to submit an amendment to the MDL or MDEL, or both? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
N FDA UDI - Label vs. Labeling - Does the insert need to include UDI? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1