SBS - The best value in QMS software

Need opinion to keep alive candidacy - Position hiring placed on Hold

C

class08820

Guys

I just need an opinion because the position I have interviewed that was placed on hold in consequence of circumstances. The hiring manager was very impressed with me. I need to keep in touch with hiring manager. Is it good thing to do that? What should I do in order to keep in touch? Should I share some industry news with him? If yes then where I can find this kind of information.

Thanks

:(

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Need opinion to keep alive candidacy

Guys

I just need an opinion because the position I have interviewed that was placed on hold in consequence of circumstances. The hiring manager was very impressed with me. I need to keep in touch with hiring manager. Is it good thing to do that? What should I do in order to keep in touch? Should I share some industry news with him? If yes then where I can find this kind of information.

Thanks

I guess it depends whether the "hold" circumstances are real and valid or a stall because the guy has filled the job, but isn't sure the first choice is going to work out and wants to keep lower level choices on the hook for a while.

First order of business: Is the hold legitimate?
If it is legitimate, then you need to determine whether there is a prediction on how long the hold will last - if you are willing to wait that long, then establish TRUTHFUL dialog with hiring manager to the effect: "I sympathize and empathize with the situation causing the hold on hiring. I am still very interested in the position and I want to be kept informed about developments on the hold to the extent when new data becomes available about releasing the hold or making it permanent. In return, I'll keep YOU informed if my availability changes."

My motto is such situations is ALWAYS,
"When in doubt, tell the truth!"

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: Need opinion to keep alive candidacy

You'll probably find better (more intelligent, more highly qualified) people with answers, but many moons ago, when I first joined the Quality arena, the job I was applying for kind of wnet through the same sort of thing....it took forever and the division kept putting it off.

I kept calling the supervisor each week, just asking for an update, I went so far as to say I would come in on my off hours (I was shift working at that time) to learn how to do the job without pay. Finally, they called me one day and told me that I was hired, I wore them down, they just wanted me to quit calling and asking if the decision had been made. I was obviously ambitious, and wanted the job.:cool: And that is the story of how I came to work in the Quality Assurance field.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guys

Thanks

This has been going on for almost two months now (the original post which asked about interview questions was on March 26, 2008 http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=26622). I would definitely find out the reason for the hold on the position. Is it because of downsizing (the company has decided not to fill the position) or is it because there is another candidate (Just as Wes has stated).

I would call once a week and ask the status. Avoid discussing industry news, your concern is: Am I still being considered for the position.

Not to provide bad news or put a damper on your interest in the position, but they probably had at least three people including yourself that were interviewed for the position.

One thing I have always suggested: Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Last edited:
C

class08820

Guys

One more quick question If you interviewd for any position and you didn't get job and they hire another candiadte and after some time you see reposted that job on net Do you prefer to contact to HR and ask you are still interseted for that position?

Thanks in advance

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Guys

One more quick question If you interviewd for any position and you didn't get job and they hire another candiadte and after some time you see reposted that job on net Do you prefer to contact to HR and ask you are still interseted for that position?

Thanks in advance
There would be nothing wrong in contacting the company and letting them know you're still interested.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Staff member
Super Moderator
There would be nothing wrong in contacting the company and letting them know you're still interested.
I agree.

class08820 said:
Guys

Thanks in advance
Just wondering if you have seen it posted again? If there was another candidate that they selected, ask them why you didn't get the position, only to better your interview techniques, if they will be honest with you.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Guys

Thanks in advance
did they in fact hire someone else, or did they tell you that to get you off their backs? Is it the same job, or another position with the same job title? If it is the same position, they hired someone and they left already I'd have some doubts about the job....why would someone hire on and leave so quickly? Is it that bad? If it is a second position, then they may, per their own hiring procedures, readvertise and hope that good candidates would reapply, or some places will call on recent applicants and ask them to come back for another interview.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D I need the advice/opinion from a J-STD expert Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
J Help I need your opinion on a News Letter Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 15
Crusader Hosting Japanese Business Visitors - Need the Cove members advice / opinion Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 43
D Why MIL-STD-105E is obsoleted but ANSI/ASQC Z1.4 is still implemented? Need Opinion Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
N I need your opinion about budget answer Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
J I need your opinion / feedback on my process map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 23
R What information do i need to get from the device manufacturer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
S Need guidance on project ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H Need MSA 4th ed. compliant attribute MSA template General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
J Need Change Control Yes/No Decision Tree Template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
C Does an accessory need an IFU if it use is discussed in the Parent device IFU? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
B Countries with no need for FSC (Free sales certificate) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 4
A Brexit When does the UK responsible person need to be in place? UK Medical Device Regulations 10
R Do we need issue ECN (Engineering Change Notice) towards updated Material Specification? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
N IPC-A-630 - Is this free or do i really need to pay for it? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C ISO/ IEC 17021 Resource requirement (need help) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
P Need a programmer for QVI's VMS software for optical inspection machine Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Change Approval Requirements - Does every change need formal customer approval? Design and Development of Products and Processes 17
T Do I need a qualified compiler for class B software? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C ISO 13485 :2016 - CAPA - Does every CAPA need to be checked by regulations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
L Proof of Concept Studies - Do we need to comply with SAE reporting? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
gunnyshore Adding a new facility - do I need to submit an amendment to the MDL or MDEL, or both? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
N FDA UDI - Label vs. Labeling - Does the insert need to include UDI? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Demonstration of Equivalence - Need for comparing biological characteristics for an SamD EU Medical Device Regulations 1
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
L Turkish Requirements - Does the Software need to be translated? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
J Need for a cleanroom in the manufacture of a medical device for a clinical trial EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M IATF 16949 8.5.1.3 Verification of job set-ups - Do we need secondary check? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
P Electrosurgical Device User Need: Cord Flexibility -> Requirement Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
P Do I need to get registered or have German entity to sell IVD products in Germany? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
J Documentation structure - Do I need Work Instructions? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 23
G Need resources / tutorials about OPS (Operation) for ISO IT (Information Technology) Service Management 8
D Do non-IATF customers need to be included in audit scope? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
M Do you need an Applicable general safety and performance requirements Checklist? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Y Does Solidworks (2D/3D drafting modules) need validation? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
M Do we need to create a new CER or can we just update the existing CER EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K A proposal for the model Quality Management - I need help for the project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B Record Management - Does the QMS need to control templates of records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
Q Need clarification on requirements.... Class i, gmp & 510(k) exempt Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 12
U Do we need clinical trial data for Class IIa medical device under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 7
G Do we need to QA cert? We only plan to supply reagents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
I MSA requirement for 5 Micrometers + CP changes need customer approval? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R Evaluating the need for preventive action Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
R Probability - Need a help to solve the below question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5